Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 09:22 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The thread about doctors going broke because their Medicaid/Medicare reimbursements are lower is a perfect example of their blinding love of the rich who can do no evil. They want to end all social programs (including Medicaid) but when the government makes cuts that affect the salary of doctors they get upset about it.
gotta luv these wingnuts bitching about big government. they are the first to complain when the "smaller" government they pushed on all of us doesn't perform flawlessly when THEY need it....

hey, wingnuts, smaller government means
  • massive layoffs of middle class Americans
  • longer lines at any government agency
  • longer waits on hold because of fewer available clerks
  • longer waits for aid when you do need it
  • chuck holes and road and bridge closures
In the middle of replacing the Cleveland, Ohio twin to that build that collapsed in Minn. the Ohio Department of Transportation announced that they are delaying building the east bound replacement build for 10 years because of funding cuts. TEN YEARS Cleveland will endure an old two lane bridge, 4 to 6 lanes are needed, that is in danger of collapse in one direction while there is a new SIX LANE bridge going the other way.

careful what you ask for, the wingnuts' brand of smaller government may be coming to your commute soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
I see it from both sides. What they do (Congress and signed bills) totally contradicts what they say in public.

We need to get some honest people in Congress (on both sides) so that people come first and not companies when it comes to passing bills.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
I guess the GOP answer is "You are just jealous of us, hahahahahahha"

I hope they stick with it.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
What is worth more? A bridge in Cleveland or 1/10th of a new aircraft carrier.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:27 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
"You're racist" -- perpetual schoolyard taunt from the Democrats.

And Romney's right, it's envy. The top 1% is full of people who worked their butts off to be successful and build a business. What are the spoiled Occupiers doing other than whining about the 1%'s success?

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess the GOP answer is "You are just jealous of us, hahahahahahha"

I hope they stick with it.
At least they are up front about it.
The Dems talk up a storm about equaling the playing ground and then turn around and hand companies money, incentives or appoint them to positions of power within the WH.

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I wonder who is going to win the messaging on this one-- When someone now questions the fairness of a tax structure that allows the uberwealthy to pay a lower percentage of their earnings than the middle class they are called "Envious"
I have to hand it to the GOP, in a world of schoolyard style taunts and playing on the insecurities of people who vote against their own financial interests it's a brilliant move. It will certainly shut some people up who will add 2 + 2 and get 5... "Yah, maybe I am envious! " -- as if that makes the tax structure fair or equitable.

In the end though, I think on this one, the GOP is in real trouble. Because the truth belies the envy. The tax code is unfair, and stacked in favor of the rich. The thing is, I don't feel a stitch of envy. Not a bit. I have plenty. I live a good life. I fly mostly first class. So call me envious if you want. We both know the truth.
That is just half of the propaganda talking point...

It is "envy" of "the job creators".

Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
The GOP is totally lost on how to deal and help the middle class. They are so stuck on the weathy, they could care less about everyone else. The fact that the the last 3 GOP candidates for President, Bush, McCain, and now looking like Romney have been the super wealthy just goes to show this.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
"You're racist" -- perpetual schoolyard taunt from the Democrats.

And Romney's right, it's envy. The top 1% is full of people who worked their butts off to be successful and build a business. What are the spoiled Occupiers doing other than whining about the 1%'s success?
Working hard, yeah right. I bet many are like Bush jr and Romney who got their money from daddy.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That is just half of the propaganda talking point...

It is "envy" of "the job creators".
Well the "job creators" are apparently getting the minimal tax liability that they require-- So where are the jobs? Unless, of course, that whole theory is more GOP authored baloney designed to sway low-information voters in to voting against their own interests and further establishing hegemony of the wealthy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections