Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my, looks like the intellectual foundation of OWS is getting money from Wall Street after all.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Lone Republican» Blog Archive » Wall Street money for Warren (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/lone_republican/index.php/2012/01/06/wall-street-money-for-warren/ - broken link)

Has she filed yet?

DSCC has taken over $40 million from WS over the last 7 years.
the question is...if she accepts DSCC money directly, will she then feel beholden to Wall Street, or to DSCC influence? Maybe yes, maybe no. But with her personal fundraising, she might not care about what DSCC raises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Those moderate New England Republicans like Brown are a dying breed. The most famous of them is getting his clocked cleaned by a couple kooks in the primaries now. I wonder if they will ever regain their hold on the party.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Wha? Not even a 1%er. Shame on the Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That's a bad sign for her. We had a very similar house candidate, a Harvard-educated, committed lefty named Darcy Burner in my CD, which is a formerly R, now swing district east of Seattle. Darcy Burner was the darling of Seattle liberals and got a ton of out-of-district donations.

When election day came, she got trounced by the moderate R incumbent, an ex-sheriff who doesn't even have a college degree.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
When I asked who the 'rising stars' in the Democratic party, she was about the only name Dems seemed to be able to produce. If she can't win pretty decisively, say at least 55%, in Massachusetts, how can she expect to run for president in 2016?
i hear this talking point a lot. the "rising stars"....who cares? we'll see who will run in 2016 sometime in 2014/15. It's 2012. Jeez...some people need other hobbies.

But, if you're looking for younger Democrats who may be influential in the future - how about Cory Booker?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Warren cannot even count on the people of Massachusetts to boost her fundraising total. She has to rely on the Democratic machine outside of the state!

Donors from afar buoying Warren - Boston.com

Which state is Warren working to represent again?
maybe now that politics is a national concern, it is telling that Warren draws national support and Brown doesn't? Why is it a bad thing is you raise a lot of money nationally, for a state campaign?

Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i hear this talking point a lot. the "rising stars"....who cares? we'll see who will run in 2016 sometime in 2014/15. It's 2012. Jeez...some people need other hobbies.

But, if you're looking for younger Democrats who may be influential in the future - how about Cory Booker?
Thanks, that is a good name to keep in mind. I recall seeing him on Meet the Press and was impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections