U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,629,681 times

Advertisements

90 percent or more of black voters will vote for Obama. And, as I've stated for quite some time on here, so will Hispanic voters. The damage the GOP has done to the Hispanic vote has been greatly underestimated by Republicans. Not too surprising when I've seen people in this very forum claim people of Mexican decent will rally around Rubio. Just goes to show how little Republicans understand the Hispanic vote.

Harsh immigration tone pushing Hispanics from GOP - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/articleComments/Harsh-immigration-tone-pushing-Hispanics-from-GOP-2549167.php?gta=commentform#commentform - broken link)

Are we looking at a landslide victory for Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 05:59 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,526,909 times
I'm pretty sure at this point that it will be a landslide victory for the president. The Hispanic and black vote is just one aspect of it. I have never in my long life of following politics seen and heard a group of candidates that are so clueless as the current crop. They are consistently putting their collective feet in to their mouths to the degree where it has become a national comedy show. Romney is the nly one who has half a clue and he really is no different than a democrat as hard as he tries to deny everything he has ever done in hid public life.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,807,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
90 percent or more of black voters will vote for Obama. And, as I've stated for quite some time on here, so will Hispanic voters. The damage the GOP has done to the Hispanic vote has been greatly underestimated by Republicans. Not too surprising when I've seen people in this very forum claim people of Mexican decent will rally around Rubio. Just goes to show how little Republicans understand the Hispanic vote.

Harsh immigration tone pushing Hispanics from GOP - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/articleComments/Harsh-immigration-tone-pushing-Hispanics-from-GOP-2549167.php?gta=commentform#commentform - broken link)

So "Hispanics" will only vote for GOP candidates if they start pandering and talking about amnesty?

Good to know they think they are above the laws.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:44 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,629,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So "Hispanics" will only vote for GOP candidates if they start pandering and talking about amnesty?

Good to know they think they are above the laws.
Thank you for demonstrating my point.

Conservatives such as yourself will never get it.

You just won't.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,807,281 times
Quote:
Thank you for demonstrating my point.

Conservatives such as yourself will never get it.

You just won't.

No, you just do not get it. The main issue with "Hispanics" is illegal immigration.

And I am very much against it...Not because I am "Conservative" but because my father came here legally. That is exactly why.

"Mitt Romney "is done," said DeeDee Blase, founder of Somos Republicans in Arizona. "He'll be lucky to get 8 percent of the Hispanic vote" after saying he would veto legislation that would create a path to citizenship for some illegal immigrants and accepting the endorsement of anti-immigration activist Kris Kobach, architect of two of the strongest immigration crackdown laws in the country."

Exactly. You do not pander? Sorry, you lose votes.

I love the "ANTI-IMMIGRATION" part... You mean "ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION"? Why do you all pretend NOT to know the difference? You realize we know there is a difference, right? Or do you think we forget the US accept more than ONE MILLION LEGAL IMMIGRANTS to this country every.single.year? How is that being "anti-immigration"?

Of course they like to pretend there is no difference between a decent human being who waits in line and one who thinks he/she is so above the laws of this country and they do not apply to him/her.

"It's an emotional issue, and I think if the candidate can realize that and talk about it, you can still be conservative on immigration and talk about it in a way that doesn't turn off Hispanics"

Once again IMMIGRATION is not the issue... it is illegal immigration. How does one talk about illegal immigration without hurting "the Hispanics feelings?" Is there a way other than to say "We will give you all amnesty and will not deport anyone!" No. It is the truth and I am sick of the pandering. It disgusts me.

As a president you MUST enforce the laws of this country. There is no way around it. Of course Obama WILL get a lot of their votes. His approach to illegal immigration has been pretty much non existent. It is no secret anymore.

"Hispanics" (talking about the illegal alien sympathizer ones) think their folks need to be given a green light because "they just want a better life".

You want to tell me that is NOT true? We have seen otherwise in the media. There is always a "Latino" group who comes out to protest immigration laws. I have yet to see another group of people. Most illegal aliens are from Mexico. It is a fact. It is always about watching out for their "compadres y comadres" and screw the laws of this country! They are above it!

Ethnocentrism as its finest.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 01-15-2012 at 07:07 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 07:17 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,173,058 times
I know many Hispanic Americans who are against illegal immigration.

There's a thread on the illegal immigration forum right now about Irish illegals. My comments on that thread should prove that I, a conservative, am against illegal immigration because of nothing to do with race.

Any article whose author doesn't recognize that legal and immigration are NOT the same or who says "anti-illegal" is the same as "anti-Hispanic" is not credible.

Crbcrb, even if Obama has the black and Hispanic vote (and I would never suggest he won't get the vast majority of the black vote and a majority of the Hispanic vote), none of his base will turn out in nearly as large of numbers as they did last time.

This will NOT be a landslide victory for Obama. The election will be close, no matter who wins.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,173,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point that it will be a landslide victory for the president.
Take a look at this...

Bottom Line - Jobs gains may not help Obama's re-election bid (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/13/10149044-jobs-gains-may-not-help-obamas-re-election-bid?utm_source=web&utm_medium=twitter - broken link)

Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,491,899 times
Quote:

You're joking?

THINK about the FACT obama only got 53% of the vote, when every black, hispanic, liberal, dem under every rock got out to vote. 53%. When the democrat party had overwhelming enthusiasm to get out and vote.

Obama is begging desperately for the same kind of enthusiasm that is not there.

He is losing Indies, big time. Ditto with whites. He is down in hispanic approval. In basically every demographic.

I've just got to ask - was 53% a landslide for obama? Do you think he will do BETTER in 2012 than he did in 2008?

In case you didn't know, about 800,000 votes, in various swing states, made the difference between winning and losing in 2008.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 920,871 times
Sounds like wishful thinking. I'm sure Hispanics and African-Americans will, on the whole, vote for Obama. But Obama's support will be down across the board from 08. He did indeed win an electoral vote landslide, but that landslide was a house of cards when you consider that all of those electoral votes came from very narrow margins of vicotry across many swing states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or