Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:01 PM

48 posts, read 27,915 times

Advertisements

Didn't Ron Paul say that the U.S. Embassy in Iraq is the size of the Vatican? Where'd that money come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM

309 posts, read 427,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
Didn't Ron Paul say that the U.S. Embassy in Iraq is the size of the Vatican? Where'd that money come from?
Us.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
My local newspaper had a comment today that put me in deep thought:

We can build a bridge in Afghanistan but we can't build one in the United States? Does anyone else see a problem with this?
Go Team U.S.!

ODOT says money for second Inner Belt Bridge may not come until the 2020s | cleveland.com

This is in regards to the news today the opening of the Cleveland innerbelt bridge will be delayed to 2020's at the earliest...which was supposed to replace a bridge that is already 3 years past is planned lifespan.
The delay comes from the Ohio state government postponing the project on budget restructuring.

Now I understand reallocating tax dollars is both a process and a nightmare, but when there are major infrastructure problems that are even endangering the safety of a metro of over 2.1 million people and $ BILLIONS and $ BILLIONS are spent overseas each week...THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

The old bridge collapsing would be the same as a terrorist attack...

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is trying to bring the tax dollars back into this country, right??

WE NEED TO REBUILD AMERICAN FIRST

Go figure Costello. Being that I live in NE Ohio, when is it that some sort of major project in Cleveland isn't delayed for some BS reason?! I hope to God that we don't see another incident like what happened in Minnesota a few years back!

BTW good to see a fellow NE Ohioan supporting Ron Paul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections