Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,251,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
It's really embarrassing to admit that we have so many people in this country that would scoff at a man because he's not a polished speaker and be so stupid as to not listen to his words
You don't believe communication and being an effective orator (not flowery, not amazing, but just coherent and sensible) is an essential skill for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world?

Quote:
At least he has the courage of his convictions, buttressed by the TRUTH,
Please detail the truth(s) behind (a) it would have been better to try Osama bin Laden than kill him; (b) Iran is worthy of and should be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon to use and terrorize Israel; (c) returning our economy to the gold standard will cause economic propserity.

Quote:
You freaks showed your true colors last night when you booed the Golden Rule.

Bloodthirsty animals is all you are, and bent on your OWN destruction. May God have mercy on your souls.
Is this directed at me? I wasn't in the audience in Myrtle Beach nor did I boo Paul from my living room. And finally, you should look in the mirror and recite the Golden Rule to yourself and then read your post again. Quite the hypocrite, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Please do yourself a favor and change your name to Uninformed. His policy will massively increase our national defense.

I will ask once again, since I didn't receive an answer in the past. Wouldn't our defense be that much stronger having our troops on OUR soil, rather than having them spread out, dilluted down to a few thousand at each of our 900 bases worldwide? Not to mention we are flat out bankrupt and wouldn't be if we stop our Nation building. Say China decides on a full invasion on US soil...then what?

You are so mislead and so far from being informed.
No he would not.
They would be able to do it because ALL our forces would be here and would not be able to met them head on Before they arrived here. I assume you would rather fight all future wars on US soil, such a military mind you have there, just like the Doctor, without a clue. You do not seem to know that those inside fortress are also trapped in that same fortress. A military genius Paul is NOT.
So when it comes to changing names, I would suggest you pick "Clueless".

Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I agree and am tired of endless wars which mean very little for the defense of this nation.
Putting an end to the training camps and safe haven in Afganistan IS protecting this Nation against attack, if you had the slightest clue why we are there you would not make foolish posts such as you did above. But then again the Fans have not shown they think beyond the rhetoric they are fed, thinking minds are not a trait I see displayed very often by his Fans, most have shown themselves to be little more than sheeple that repeat the same old mantras over and over.
Here is an old mantra that used to be used by the right when I was serving and seems to fit nicely here:
"America, Love It or Leave It"

Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 AM

791 posts, read 460,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
You don't believe communication and being an effective orator (not flowery, not amazing, but just coherent and sensible) is an essential skill for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world?
I believe that Americans are so used to getting their info from 30 second sound bites that they're unwilling/unable to pay attention. The fact is that Ron Paul is quite coherent and sensible, he's just not good at soundbite speaking. You'd know that if you ever listened to any of his one on one interviews.

Quote:
Please detail the truth(s) behind (a) it would have been better to try Osama bin Laden than kill him; (b) Iran is worthy of and should be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon to use and terrorize Israel; (c) returning our economy to the gold standard will cause economic propserity.
A. We are a nation of laws. That is what makes us the best country on the planet. Letting our justice system dispense justice demonstrates that to the world. Besides, and this should make you happy, we could've waterboarded him down in Gitmo for a few years. Might not have learned anything, but it would satisfy your bloodlust.
B. If Israel isn't afraid of Iran why should we be so damned concerned? Their Mossad chief and Netanyahu both have said they don't need America to do anything, and they agree with Dr. Paul that we should quit trying to tell them what they can and cannot do.
C. Returning this country to sound money will allow Americans to save their money without having to pay the 'inflation tax' that robs those who can least afford it. Put a dollar in the bank today and 1 year later it will buy you 90 cents worth of goods. If it's food you want it may only buy you 75 cents. Today's dollar is worth about 4 cents from the time of 'The Creature from Jekyll Island'.
Quote:
Is this directed at me? I wasn't in the audience in Myrtle Beach nor did I boo Paul from my living room. And finally, you should look in the mirror and recite the Golden Rule to yourself and then read your post again. Quite the hypocrite, eh?
No, it was directed to neocons in general, and I practice the 'Do unto others' thing as well as I can, ALL the time. I mean, if I was so stupid as to boo the words of Jesus I'd hope somebody would try to set me straight.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM

791 posts, read 460,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No he would not.
They would be able to do it because ALL our forces would be here and would not be able to met them head on Before they arrived here. I assume you would rather fight all future wars on US soil, such a military mind you have there, just like the Doctor, without a clue. You do not seem to know that those inside fortress are also trapped in that same fortress. A military genius Paul is NOT.
So when it comes to changing names, I would suggest you pick "Clueless".
Don't be ridiculous, Weinberger, nobody is marching here to 'meet head on', so take that false flag and roll it up. The fact that you can even utter the words 'all future wars' shows exactly what your mindset is, and why your opinion is worthless as dust. We don't want ANY future wars, and the way to avoid them is to follow our Founders' plans; Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. – Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM

4,151 posts, read 4,169,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Please stop being so out of touch with reality. A policy of peace is currently not obtainable and anyone paying the least bit of atttention to what is going on in the world knows that. I will take a country with a strong military to protect me and my family.

Ron Paul clueless. He needs to go find an island somewhere he can live on with his followers and they can all create their own Disney land utopia.
LoL.

As a veteran, I am still puzzle how building bases in other countries and at the same time closing bases at home translate to make home safer.

Maybe you know something I don't know and would love to hear from you.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Don't be ridiculous, Weinberger, nobody is marching here to 'meet head on', so take that false flag and roll it up. The fact that you can even utter the words 'all future wars' shows exactly what your mindset is, and why your opinion is worthless as dust. We don't want ANY future wars, and the way to avoid them is to follow our Founders' plans; Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. – Thomas Jefferson
YOU were the one that mentioned China attacking us, and I explained how your and Pauls idea is ridiculous and would also hinder us being able to fight. No one WANTS wars, the warmonger BS coming from you is more than simple nonesense, it is worthless. The point is there WILL be future wars, it does not matter if you want them you must be prepared to fight them. Yes, that is why the founders made allies of the French and with certain Indian tribes, that is why they never fought any more wars, that is unless you count the ones they did fight
You really need to read more real History books instead of getting your history "information" from websites pandering to what you WANT the world to be, it would help reduce the number of foolish statements you post here, or maybe not, if you are no more flexible in your thinking than Paul is you probably will learn nothing.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times
A. Bin Laden got justice.

B. a nuclear-armed Iran presents a danger not only to Israel, but to the world's oil supply (e.g., recent threats to close the Strait of Hormuz). Some of you may scream 'no blood for oil' like a silly liberal but the world economy depends on oil. World War 2 was partly a war for oil and valuable resources.

C. gold standard - as I've said before, much of Paul's domestic agenda appeals to me.

Zona Stona - Thomas Jefferson proposed an international coalition to fight the First (endless) Barbary War:

Quote:
In his autobiography Jefferson wrote that in 1785 and 1786 he unsuccessfully "endeavored to form an association of the powers subject to habitual depredation from them. I accordingly prepared, and proposed to their ministers at Paris, for consultation with their governments, articles of a special confederation." Jefferson argued that "The object of the convention shall be to compel the piratical States to perpetual peace."

As Jefferson wrote to Adams in a July 11, 1786, letter, "I acknolege [sic] I very early thought it would be best to effect a peace thro' the medium of war."
Jefferson, who certainly knew more about the Constitution and original intent than Dr. Ron Paul, fought the First Barbary War with Congressional approval but without a declaration of war. The Father of the Constitution James Madison fought the Second (endless) Barbary War with Congressional approval and no formal declaration of war.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
A. Bin Laden got justice.

B. a nuclear-armed Iran presents a danger not only to Israel, but to the world's oil supply (e.g., recent threats to close the Strait of Hormuz). Some of you may scream 'no blood for oil' like a silly liberal but the world economy depends on oil. World War 2 was partly a war for oil and valuable resources.

C. gold standard - as I've said before, much of Paul's domestic agenda appeals to me.

Zona Stona - Thomas Jefferson proposed an international coalition to fight the First (endless) Barbary War:

Jefferson, who certainly knew more about the Constitution and original intent than Dr. Ron Paul, fought the First Barbary War with Congressional approval but without a declaration of war. The Father of the Constitution James Madison fought the Second (endless) Barbary War with Congressional approval and no formal declaration of war.
Don't forget the war of 1812 and the Indian wars, the founders were such peace freaks.
I like the gold standard idea but not sure we can even go backto that without first crashing the entire system and starting over which is not a viable option. Paul has a few good ideas, especially when they are not looked at in too much detail, but once you do you may find that many of those are simply not fesible or practical in todays world.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
I think that Ron Paul needs to clarify exactly what the Federal Government would look if he gets his way. He needs to articulate exactly what the US military would look like and how it would work under him as President.

The Osama bin Ladin question hurt him, even though he is actually right. Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done.

Otherwise Paul looked great.

Nice of Fox News to give him more than 4 minutes time to speak in this debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections