Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:49 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

I'll be watching with great interest to see how Newt's pandering to the haters plays out for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I have no idea why you are bringing up illegal aliens. Fact is, many illegal's are
making money dealing drugs. They don't need no
stinkin' job
If your referring to field workers with green cards e.g. strawberry pickers etc - guess what - there aren't enough of those jobs to go around for all the Americans that want to work either. Same goes for Walmart people greeters - just stand in ine when they have openings in any major city.

I'm not going to argue with you that there are
lazy folks on extended unemployment - something
I am totally against. Let's call 99 weeks on unemployment what it really is at that point - it's a welfare check.
We are after all, suppose to be in the greatest depression
since the greatest depression, are we not?

I'm pointing out that Newt is not original in
his rant on the work ethic - especially since the
issue has already been exhausted financially at the
federal level.

A better argument for the work ethic and the ails
of America lies in how to bring manufacturing jobs back
home or start new ones - along with apprenticeships of yesterday.
Lifting the prohibition on the agriculture farming of industrial hemp in this country would be
a start...

Are Americans spoiled. Sure they are. But I didn't know
it was the motivation of the GOP or the DEMS
to bring America down to third world country status.
Oh wait - maybe it is, with all the
borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, they've gotten this
country into...
You make a lot of good points. I agree with you on apprenticeships, there is such a big push these days that EVERY child must go to college. Well, for a lot of good jobs, an apprenticeship is more appropriate and a lot cheaper for all involved.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
I guess those SC Repugs adore serial adulterers!

I guess Gingrich backers are all for cheating husbands and having a Piece- On-The-Side as First Lady of the US....

Wait! ...didn't Repugs object to Democrat cheaters???? Yes, those two-faced, hypocritical liars DID!!!

Guess Gingrich backers have the morals of alley cats....

Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I guess those SC Repugs adore serial adulterers!

I guess Gingrich backers are all for cheating husbands and having a Piece- On-The-Side as First Lady of the US....

Wait! ...didn't Repugs object to Democrat cheaters???? Yes, those two-faced, hypocritical liars DID!!!

Guess Gingrich backers have the morals of alley cats....
Look at the kettle calling the pot black.

Here we have someone who voted for a two-faced cheater complaining about others doing precisely the same thing. Who is the bigger hypocrite?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Look at the kettle calling the pot black.

Here we have someone who voted for a two-faced cheater complaining about others doing precisely the same thing. Who is the bigger hypocrite?
A. When I found out John Edwards belonged to the Newt Gingrich Immoral Scumbag Club, I dropped all support.

B. The Rpugs , including Newtsie (WHO IS A HYPOCRITE????), screamed about Clinton's cheating...which was done AFTER being elected.

C. Repugnants back Newtsie KNOWING IN ADVANCE he's a scumbag with an equally scumbag wife!!

WHO are the hypocrites?????????????

Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A. When I found out John Edwards belonged to the Newt Gingrich Immoral Scumbag Club, I dropped all support.

B. The Rpugs , including Newtsie (WHO IS A HYPOCRITE????), screamed about Clinton's cheating...which was done AFTER being elected.

C. Repugnants back Newtsie KNOWING IN ADVANCE he's a scumbag with an equally scumbag wife!!

WHO are the hypocrites?????????????
You are. Jennifer Flowers, among others, were known well before Clinton was elected in 1992. It only became an issue among Republicans when Clinton deliberately perjured himself, obstructed justice, tampered with evidence, and suborned perjury from others.

Any liberal Democrat who complains about any two-timing by anyone is a massive hypocrite.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
First of all, I don't support Gingrich. I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Secondly, however, I found nothing wrong with Gingrich's comment. A lot of people want to insinuate or see something that is not there.

What was racially charged? Saying that people should work to earn skills, and that doing janitor work can help people learn a good work ethic? What's wrong with that?
Ignoring the fact that food stamp usage had already increased a good bit during the last of the Bush years. Calling a black president the "Food stamp President," is so blatant that it's not even dog whistle language. That crowd in SC new exactly what he was saying, especially in context with his other statements about work ethic. It was the more polite racism that permeates the region and that audience ate it up.

On another note, I don't find Newt to be all that engaging as a speaker. He talks a lot, but it's usually devoid of any content. To steal a comment from another person, Newt Gingrich speaks the way dumb people think smart people should sound.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are. Jennifer Flowers, among others, were known well before Clinton was elected in 1992. It only became an issue among Republicans when Clinton deliberately perjured himself, obstructed justice, tampered with evidence, and suborned perjury from others.

Any liberal Democrat who complains about any two-timing by anyone is a massive hypocrite.
Aight so Clinton and Edwards did some crappy things. I agree. I openly post Edwards is scum and karma is a ***** about his "heart condition".

But at least they aren't the ones going around proclaiming they are from the "party of the lord" and stand for "Family values" blah blah.

THAT is what makes all you GOP fools hypocrites. Get it through your head.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:40 PM

791 posts, read 460,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Aight so Clinton and Edwards did some crappy things. I agree. I openly post Edwards is scum and karma is a ***** about his "heart condition".

But at least they aren't the ones going around proclaiming they are from the "party of the lord" and stand for "Family values" blah blah.

THAT is what makes all you GOP fools hypocrites. Get it through your head.
So in your mind EVERY member of the GOP is a fool and a hypocrite?? A statement like that only illustrates your own closed-mindedness. I thought you liberals were all for tolerance, or does that just apply when it's convenient?

Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
So in your mind EVERY member of the GOP is a fool and a hypocrite?? A statement like that only illustrates your own closed-mindedness. I thought you liberals were all for tolerance, or does that just apply when it's convenient?
Nope. Not tolerant. Never said I was.

Why would YOU think EVERY member of the Democratic party is tolerant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections