U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,862,635 times
Reputation: 1429

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
45-55 can hardly be called 'overwhelmingly', can it?


That is overwhelmingly in a state like Mississippi. The reason this group targeted Mississippi was because of it's extremely conservative population. They thought of all places, they could get this passed in this state. They have tried and failed twice in Colorado.

You can argue all you want about this. The facts about what they represent are plain to read. Not to have even known what the group is 5 minutes ago, you might want to read up on them before you make statements concerning them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,862,635 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
OK..so a candidate with true convictions, should take this issue on...right?

I mean seriously. On one thread you call Palin stupid while she says exactly what she believes....all the time. What does your guy believe and if he believes ANY of it strongly, then why doesn't he publicly take those issues on?

He is using textbook Democrat tactics. What does that tell you?


By not taking part in their 'forum' it speaks volumes. His position on abortion is clear. He is not one of those that believe there is not an exception for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. I am sure if asked, he will reiterate.

You can whine about this till the cows come home. Doesn't matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
 
791 posts, read 369,413 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is overwhelmingly in a state like Mississippi. The reason this group targeted Mississippi was because of it's extremely conservative population. They thought of all places, they could get this passed in this state. They have tried and failed twice in Colorado.

You can argue all you want about this. The facts about what they represent are plain to read. Not to have even known what the group is 5 minutes ago, you might want to read up on them before you make statements concerning them.
Why the hell do you think I've been asking, to waste my freaking time? Give me links that show these people want to outlaw birth control pills. All I've found is that they oppose a 'morning after' pill which effectively kills the embryo. Give me links that they oppose in vitro fertilization. Don't just sit there and yell at me, I asked for this stuff 2 hours ago.

Last edited by 'Zona Stona; 01-18-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
 
Location: North Dakota
740 posts, read 1,762,779 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
By not taking part in their 'forum' it speaks volumes. His position on abortion is clear. He is not one of those that believe there is not an exception for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. I am sure if asked, he will reiterate.

You can whine about this till the cows come home. Doesn't matter to me.
Haha, yeah. That is why he didn't show up. Your Mitty boy can do no wrong.

He was probably having one of his rare bad hair days, and decided he couldn't ruin his reputation as the candidate with great hair!

Come on, Ann. Tell the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
 
48 posts, read 22,746 times
Reputation: 20
Mitt Romney's dodging the tax question. Christie told him he might as well release his tax records now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,213,602 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
The FACT is it would have outlawed the 'morning-after' pill because that kills an embryo. Hormonal birth control pills would not be impacted in the least.
The morning after pill (Plan B) prevents implantation. It doesn't "kill" the fertilized egg.

Also, hormonal birth controls can do the same thing Plan B does. In addition to preventing conception, they can prevent implantation. In fact, women in the past (and possibly still today) are frequently advised that they can "double up" on their birth control and use it as an alternative to Plan B. I believe that Plan B, in fact, is simply a stronger does of birth control.

So it's perfectly reasonable to presume anyone wanting to outlaw the morning after pill could also want to outlaw regular birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
 
791 posts, read 369,413 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The morning after pill (Plan B) prevents implantation. It doesn't "kill" the fertilized egg.

Also, hormonal birth controls can do the same thing Plan B does. In addition to preventing conception, they can prevent implantation.
There you are! now that yo're back can I get hose links I asked for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,213,602 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
There you are! now that yo're back can I get hose links I asked for?
Take a look at the link that Dixie posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
 
791 posts, read 369,413 times
Reputation: 141
From Think Progress?? You gotta do better than that...LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,213,602 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
From Think Progress?? You gotta do better than that...LOL!
It could also have outlawed IUD's.

Mississippi ‘personhood’ amendment takes aim at birth control as well as abortion - The Spirited Atheist - The Washington Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/op...amendment.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top