Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Oh yes.

Though the Santorum supporters at least are overwhelmingly blinded by their religion (but Fox News has pushed him somewhat).

I don't think we have any Santorum supporters on our forum. I really wonder who these people are.

I can probably picture them, but right now I don't really know any either. You know those people who have 20 kids and counting...the Duggers, they are Santorum supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
GOP poll: Mitt Romney leads Obama in 5 of 6 swing states - POLITICO.com

The poll was conducted in Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Virginia, Wisconsin, and New Mexico.

Romney led Obama in the poll in FL, OH, NV, VA, WI, and NM. Romney and Obama were tied in the poll in NM.
It's an internal poll. Good for propaganda, not much else.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I can probably picture them, but right now I don't really know any either. You know those people who have 20 kids and counting...the Duggers, they are Santorum supporters.
In real life, I know Romney supporters, Paul supporters, and Obama supporters.

And that's about it.

On this forum, I guess we have some Newt supporters and did have some Huntsman supporters (including me) and Perry supporters and Cain supporters.

But...has there been a single Santorum supporter here? Or a single Bachmann supporter?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 01-18-2012 at 11:08 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It's an internal poll. Good for propaganda, not much else.
Romney and Gingrich take lead over Obama in key swing states - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

What about this one?

Obviously Newt would not do as well if the poll were taken today. But why wouldn't Romney?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Romney and Gingrich take lead over Obama in key swing states - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

What about this one?

Obviously Newt would not do as well if the poll were taken today. But why wouldn't Romney?
That is from over a month ago if that poll were taken today neither you nor I could predict how it would come out. If you are interested in the most current polls wikipedia has done a good job of compiling them both for the national race and the state by state races. Even if you distrust wikipedia all the polls are hyper linked with explanations on methodoligy.

Statewide opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nationwide opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RCP also has national election polling.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is from over a month ago if that poll were taken today neither you nor I could predict how it would come out. If you are interested in the most current polls wikipedia has done a good job of compiling them both for the national race and the state by state races. Even if you distrust wikipedia all the polls are hyper linked with explanations on methodoligy.

Statewide opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nationwide opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RCP also has national election polling.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
I check RCP frequently.

It's relatively rare for state-specific polls to come out which are actually the most important. If they were frequently conducted and published by organizations that could be trusted to be objective, I'd be posting info about those instead (if Romney was ahead of course...otherwise I just wouldn't post info about state polls at all).

The wiki showed Romney ahead of Obama in the most recent polls listed in several swing states, including Florida and Ohio (the two most important).

Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I check RCP frequently.

It's relatively rare for state-specific polls to come out which are actually the most important. If they were frequently conducted and published by organizations who could be trusted to be objective, I'd be posting those.

The wiki showed Romney ahead of Obama in the most recent polls listed in several swing states, including Florida and Ohio (the two most important).
Ahead in Florida, but behind in North Carolina and only by tiny amounts in each. Those are the only two that are anywhere near recent the Ohio poll is a month and a half old sadly.

I agree there is not much state polling, which is unfortunate. If I had enough money to just throw around I would commission state polls just for fun. I think that will change when the primary is over. Then we will get flooded and we will start seeing the really high quality polls like SUSA start to show up.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The so called conservatives of the party are holding out for Gingrich or Santorum, and seem to believe that a so called bold approach is the only thing that can beat Obama. I believe its the opposite, any strong armed approach to winning the election would backfire. Moderates dont like strong armed tactics.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
They should have done the same poll with Pee Wee Herman. I'll bet you $10,000 the results over Obama would be similar.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
GOP poll: Mitt Romney leads Obama in 5 of 6 swing states - POLITICO.com

The poll was conducted in Florida, Ohio, Nevada, Virginia, Wisconsin, and New Mexico.

Romney led Obama in the poll in FL, OH, NV, VA, WI, and NM. Romney and Obama were tied in the poll in NM.
Nevada will be beet red after they ship in all of the repug mormons from utah and idaho to cast their votes in Nev. If mormoney is the eventual nominee, I think that they need to closely monitor the amount of "new" voters to Nevada just before election Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections