Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM

791 posts, read 460,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLockBox View Post
It was Joseph Stalin actually who said that.
Thanks for the correction, I knew it was an Obamaniac!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Where's the DOJ? Where's the Congressional investigation Mr Issa? How do they lose 8 precincts worth of votes? If Santorum really won Iowa he lost a lot of momentum because of shady Iowa. What a disgrace!

"Can we finally stop taking the Iowa caucuses seriously? Please?"

The nail in the Iowa caucuses coffin - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Then there is this:

How the heck do you mistake 2 votes for 22 votes? A third grader would have counted better.

"The miscount of 2012 Iowa caucus results which was reported today January 19, 2012 was known the day after the caucuses ended when a precinct had misreported the results for Romney as 22 votes when in fact there had only been 2 votes."

Here's the Des Moines Register making excuses for the state:

Iowa Caucuses Miscount 2012 | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Time to rotate the primary order. Where is the investigation? I think Iowa should lose all of its delegates and go last in 2016.

Tell me. How is Iowa different than ACORN?

Good, I have time to edit my post -An estimated 298 votes are missing from those 8 precincts. 298 was the number reported from them in 2008. But don't they have to sign in somewhere? Shouldn't we know the EXACT missing number of votes? 8 freakin' counties! Where's the outrage like when a place like Chicago does this?

"The eight precincts with missing results were spread across five Iowa counties. In the 2008 GOP primaries, these precincts accounted for a total of 298 votes."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...RAQ_story.html

One county guy says he'll take the blame for it. I think he should go to jail.

Last edited by LauraC; 01-19-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
It was important to the Wall Street money men that Romney get the momentum on election night, so the results were rigged to give him a narrow victory. The real count is out now and he lost. He lost bigger than they want to say, hence the "missing precincts". Rigging the outcome for Romney was the whole reason for the secret ballot counting location, remember? For all anyone knows, Paul was the real winner.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where's the DOJ? Where's the Congressional investigation Mr Issa? How do they lose 8 precincts worth of votes? If Santorum really won Iowa he lost a lot of momentum because of shady Iowa. What a disgrace!

"Can we finally stop taking the Iowa caucuses seriously? Please?"

The nail in the Iowa caucuses coffin - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Then there is this:

How the heck do you mistake 2 votes for 22 votes? A third grader would have counted better.

"The miscount of 2012 Iowa caucus results which was reported today January 19, 2012 was known the day after the caucuses ended when a precinct had misreported the results for Romney as 22 votes when in fact there had only been 2 votes."

Here's the Des Moines Register making excuses for the state:

Iowa Caucuses Miscount 2012 | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Time to rotate the primary order. Where is the investigation? I think Iowa should lose all of its delegates and go last in 2016.

Tell me. How is Iowa different than ACORN?

Dang Laura, you know I've been aching to ask that very same question all day. Just glad it came from someone center/right/

Old 01-19-2012, 01:43 PM

791 posts, read 460,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It was important to the Wall Street money men that Romney get the momentum on election night, so the results were rigged to give him a narrow victory. The real count is out now and he lost. He lost bigger than they want to say, hence the "missing precincts". Rigging the outcome for Romney was the whole reason for the secret ballot counting location, remember? For all anyone knows, Paul was the real winner.
Paul WAS the real winner...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
8 freakin' counties!
Where do you get this? It was 8 precincts. 4 of the precincts were in one county.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Republicans spend a lot of time kvetching about voter ID and the integrity of elections, but they couldn't run a caucus properly in a small state like Iowa. Plus, they lost the votes from eight precincts.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
I have to admit, it is hard to spin this anyway positive (or even excusable) for my beloved state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections