Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Paul supporters wh would you vote for if you could not vote for Paul?
Romney 15 29.41%
Gingrich 8 15.69%
Santorum 2 3.92%
Obama 26 50.98%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,301,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Another Ron Paul supporter speaking to some one who believes in alot of Pauls Ideas...... but because I do not go 100% full retard, this is the treatment we get. good luck building a consensus bale, go ahead and languish in obscurity with your angry self.
Look at yourself, and let it end there.

Apparently you missed the simile, friend. Read it again from beginning to end, then from end to beginning.

You know, the human brain is not two dimensional, nor is the balance of power among men.

You really think that this is about some inconsequential presidential election and silly ideologies and parties?

In one end, out the other.

In any case, most likely the reform, if any, will come from above, we are just a trial balloon. We're doing okay, not great, okay, but it's something we've got to do, it's natural.

All the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
See the 'Electability' thread...
Every poll shows Romney very close to Obama.

I'm not aware of any poll where Paul led Obama and, in many, he is way behind.

Though I do feel that Newt and Santorum are less electable than Paul.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
To say, one's young vote just doesn't have the wisdom and
understanding that yours does is dishonest.
You've just come to accept the status quo. And, if
you're of retirement age or near it, you don't want anything to change that.
I don't blame you, but just be straight up about it.

I'm curious - name one thing you voted on when you
were younger, that you now believe was either a wrong way of thinking, or simply doesn't matter anymore.

Chances are the things you thought were right when
you were younger, are probably more right now, than you
will ever care to admit today.
I understand that "status quo" is the catch phrase for the Paulinistas this election cycle, but it just shows the ignorance that I tried to lay out in my summary post. I am far from happy with the status quo, I am obviously more Libertarian than most Paul supporters on this forum, I however am serious about making things change.....politics is a game of inches, to move the ball you have to be on the field, and to do that you more often than not have to suck it up and make conncessions, it sucks and I hate it and I fight for big change and home runs consistently,but the reality is you have to build a team of like minded people. You dont do that by pissing people off that might agree with you 75% of the time. Its foolish, juvenile and shows a complete lack of understand of the American political process.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM

791 posts, read 460,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

I'm not aware of any poll where Paul led Obama and, in many, he is way behind.

Polls at this point are less than revealing, and my feeling is that when this boils down to a 2 man race, folks are going to have to hear Paul out rather than rely on the media which disses him every chance they get. The more they get educated about the things that matter, like sound money, eliminating the IRS and Fed and the reinstating of the 10th Amendment, the more they will gravitate to Dr. Paul.

Freedom is a powerful thing, look what it did for our Founders.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
Quote:
I understand that "status quo" is the catch phrase for the Paulinistas this election cycle, but it just shows the ignorance that I tried to lay out in my summary post. I am far from happy with the status quo, I am obviously more Libertarian ...

Libertarian? Don't you mean you are a Koch Brothers noe-con Zionist pretending to lean towards libertarianism?

You are full of it, and it smells to high heaven.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

in many, he is way behind.

Quite the opposite, there are many polls that show it's
a virtual tie between Paul & Obama.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Libertarian? Don't you mean you are a Koch Brothers noe-con Zionist pretending to lean towards libertarianism?

You are full of it, and it smells to high heaven.
Koch Brothers noe-con Zionist more name calling.....why would you say that, do you know what I believe ? do you know what I would vote for?Arent you the one that believes Obama is more of a Libertarian than Santorum? As I said, some of us are interested in Idealism others are interested in getting things done.

Last edited by silas777; 01-20-2012 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-20-2012, 04:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
Quote:
Koch Brothers noe-con Zionist more name calling.....why would you say that, do you know what I believe ? do you know what I would vote for?Arent you the one that believes Obama is more of a Libertarian than Santorum? Me thinks you just might be the poser here.
Dude ... from your statement above, and from all the statements you have made before, it is quite obvious what you are really about.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
I understand that "status quo" is the catch phrase for the Paulinistas this election cycle, I am obviously more Libertarian than most Paul supporters on this forum
Well, you certainly are not more Libertarian than I
When 80 percent of the American people want us out
of Afghanistan in less than a year - I'm curious who
is pissing who off.

Status quo is not a Paulinista's catch phrase. It's been
used since the 1800's.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well, you certainly are not more Libertarian than I
When 80 percent of the American people want us out
of Afghanistan in less than a year - I'm curious who
is pissing who off.

Status quo is not a Paulinista's catch phrase. It's been
used since the 1800's.
So heres the deal Polly, and it explains why Paul will never be President, if you listen to him, and most of his supporters on here such as yourself, usually it is the military and the war that is at the top of your lists. In my mind the only thing that the Constitution requires the federal government to do is Provide for the Military and National defense...EVERTHING ELSE can and should be done at the state level or better yet the private sector. I understand that many on the Paul bandwagon arent true Libertarians rather they are antimilitary and anti religious bigots, (witness ironmaws derogotoury remarks). Many of you young Idealists would do well to read a book, Titled- (Crossroads The Great American Experiment, The rise, decline and restoration of freedom and the market economy). Author Dr Barry Asmus, with the National Center for Policy Analysis. There is a differnce between appreciating Libertarian principles and values and riding the band wagon of a pseudo cult hero percieved to be the leader of a movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections