Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
We elect the president to provide direction to the nations future not to be a guest on Dr. Phil.
That's exactly right. And one's personal affairs will give
you a clue how they handle things in general. It is
Newt who thought he was on a Dr. Phil show, pointing
fingers at the audience looking for acceptance for his personal
pain. Like I said, I thought John asked the question
badly.

Newt will not be the next President of the United States, no matter how much Newt thinks he should be. His infidelities
will be part of it, but in the bigger picture, he simply lacks
skills of an inspiring leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I'm not defending what he did, but he isn't running for National Spouse. I, similarly, do not have the democrat Presidential politics play book. What diseases and medical conditions are considered off limits when conjuring stories about political opponents?
Just like Santorum and the other social conservatives, he is running to be the National Scold. He has no problem telling other people how they should live their lives with regard to marriage and other personal issues. Why should his own behavior be off limits when a big part of his campaign and the GOP platform is based on social issues and their version of morality? I have heard him more than once talk about defending the sancity of marriage. Why should anyone care what a scumbag like Newt has to say on the topic of marriage?

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The question should not have been asked, it had nothing to do with the debates or the questions most of us want answers to before we make our choice.
We all know for a fact that Newt's inability to keep it in his pants is going to come up in the general election. He fired the first shot when he went after Clinton and turnabout is fair play.

Personally, I'm a "anyone but Obama" guy. I'd like to see how he handles his scandalous personal life. I've been completely convinced that on this issue alone, he's completely unelectable. But I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Needless to say, ranting and raving and name-calling is not going to cut it in the general election. We're left with only one conclusion: He has no answer and he desperately needs to keep the media silent on this issue. We have three candidates to choose from where we don't have to worry about such problems. Why should we vote for Newt if he can't handle being challenged on an entire lifetime of marital infidelity? We can opt out of this scandal by gunning for anyone but Newt and I think we should do exactly that.

Twice he has promised to be faithful and keep sexual relations exclusively between him and just one woman. He's spent a lifetime breaking that promise. If he can't keep a promise that important, why should we trust him to keep any of his political promises?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
this will work in racist SC but not in flordia or the other big states, fat bear gingrich will face humiliating defeat very soon like he did in Iowa
what the devil does this have to do with race for heaven's sake?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
check closely and read the research, she had a tumor removed that turned out to be non cancerous or so it has been reported. I don't think any of us will ever really know. It is the same with his second wife, according to reports she was not diagnosed with MS but with a condition that can lead to MS.

Nita
So just as long as your spouse isn't too sick, it is OK to cheat on them and then abandon them?

Is this what Republicans mean when they talk about their superior family values compared to Dems?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
In those days you are right and I don't disagree with you. My point is all those who think Newt or Cain or whomever is deplorable for doing the same thing Pres and top politicians have been doing for years. Look at Teddy, and his escapades were known from day one. He kept getting re-elected. We could go on and on with this: CLinton's affair with Jennifer FLowers was known way before he got the nomination. I just have trouble understanding how some think it is ok for one person to do something but not for others.

Nita
It's all in the delivery And frankly, Newt has one of
the worst deliveries I've ever seen. Folks just don't like him.
He's nasty - he's overweight - he's pompous - he's condescending - he's undesirable,
and that's coming from someone who thinks
Anyone but Obama.

I remember Newt well from the '90's. He hasn't
changed a bit, politically speaking that is.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
If Mitt gets elected then I would agree with you. Newt has not shown that he supports NWO yet but I'm watching.
Not a matter of it but when. Sorry to dissapoint you guys but at this point, this is not a primary, it's a coronation, well sort of.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
That's exactly right. And one's personal affairs will give
you a clue how they handle things in general. It is
Newt who thought he was on a Dr. Phil show, pointing
fingers at the audience looking for acceptance for his personal
pain. Like I said, I thought John asked the question
badly.

Newt will not be the next President of the United States, no matter how much Newt thinks he should be. His infidelities
will be part of it, but in the bigger picture, he simply lacks
skills of an inspiring leader.
Wrong ... this slime attack came from the liberal media and when such allegations are made a candidate has to respond. In reality the general public is getting real tired of these bogus attacks on all the GOP candidates. It's becoming real clear that the biased mainstream media is trying to fool the people and throw the election ... election tampering. This is causing a backlash on the biased mainstream media.
I don't think Mitt will be elected and I know Obama won't so its going to be Newt, Ron Paul or Rick Santorum.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 PM

242 posts, read 235,629 times
santorum - married once 24 years?

romney - married once 40 years?

paul - married once 48 years?

fat bear - married 3 times and divorced a dying wife

oh well....i guess character does not matter

Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Newt scolds the media, Newt scolds Obama. Anything to take the pressure of the hypocrite himself. I thought the FBI investigation, which is what his ex-wife was interviewed about, was going to come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections