Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:04 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I'll stack my 82% approval against your 32% any day.
Grasping at straws there. So you've built a reputation on putting people down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cuz FOX told me so lol
If you paid attention to
FOX you would know, O'Reilly does not represent all of FOX. I guess it is time we review this again:

The 5-we have Bob Beckel

We have Neil Ca****, not particularly conservative
Then how about Geraldo, and Gretta plus Sheppard Smith is not a conservative and I don't need to go into detail about all the contributors that are liberal, like Alan Comes for starters. What about Chris Wallace, do you think he is a over the line conservative? I just wish all TV media was as balanced as FOX> Yes, they do lean right, but they are more balanced than any other TV network.

NIta

Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
The gold standard is used in the "shadow banking" sector. The ones that make the rules, like the govt's and banks. So apparently they value it. Essentially currency needs to be tied to something real, measurable and tangible instead of endlessly fabricated.

There is a direct correlation w/ health costs or any costs the govt is involved in. They manage poorly. The track record is endless. This is also tied in directly w/ the value of the currency. The idea that things just cost more doesn't hold.

Health has improved compared to the dark ages,(sanitation is a big factor) but there are studies showing more disease and shorter life spans. Depends on where you look. Removing profit maybe one solution. However, having the govt run it certainly won't accomplish this, not today anyway. They make "profit", but it's called "surplus" and that usually doesn't come back to you.

As to believing "debt" is "good" or a non-issue. I have to say I don't agree. While income certainly is more important than debt, once debt grows exponentially over income then you got a big problem. Ultimately, debt is viewed as good for the one getting the payments, but not the one who never gets out from under it.

As to regulation I do believe we have too much. This issue isn't about too much though or not enough, but having the right regulations and enforcing them. Certainly getting rid of certain regs and making others has bred an opaque environment of corruption.

Last edited by CDusr; 01-21-2012 at 02:47 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Ok, all you paulistas who were so quick to brag about the delegate count, where does your glorious leader stand now? I'm pretty sure all he got this time was ZERO

Kinda rough to be sucking up to a big time loser, isn't it? Too bad Perry and Bachman threw in the towel. It would have given Paul someone he could actually beat.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:02 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Ok, all you paulistas who were so quick to brag about the delegate count, where does your glorious leader stand now? I'm pretty sure all he got this time was ZERO

Kinda rough to be sucking up to a big time loser, isn't it? Too bad Perry and Bachman threw in the towel. It would have given Paul someone he could actually beat.
SC and FL are his worst states.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
SC and FL are his worst states.
excuse de jour?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 PM

869 posts, read 1,493,770 times
You are the most negative nasty person i have ever had the displeasure of "debating". Having a political discussion is rough but you make it nearly impossible to even have a discussion because you are doing the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "lalalalala". I never said he was going to win SC.

On another note, aparently Newt said that Paul is on the ball when it comes to the fed. Anyone think something could potentially come of Newt and Paul? Newt irritates me but he is my second choice. Romney is just Obama in repub clothes and Santorum is way to conservative on social issues. Way to conservative

Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
You are the most negative nasty person i have ever had the displeasure of "debating".
can't stand the heat? maybe you should start hanging out on the kitten forum and argue about the merits of tabbies.

Quote:
On another note, aparently Newt said that Paul is on the ball when it comes to the fed.
If you don't remember, Newt and Paul fought like cats and dogs when Newt was speaker.

Quote:
The rivalry between the two goes back to 1995, when then-House Speaker Newt Gingrich worked unsuccessfully to deny Paul a Texas House seat in a bitter primary battle that pitted Paul against a Gingrich-backed, Democrat-turned-Republican opponent.

“He orchestrated a million-dollar campaign to keep me out of Congress,” Paul told the Houston Chronicle at the time
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...l-newsletters/
Quote:
Anyone think something could potentially come of Newt and Paul?
Not just no but hell no.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
It's Bill O'Reilly. I don't count him.

Bill who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections