Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,493,061 times

Advertisements

I loved Mitt's attacks on Newt early on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,486,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
romney won
LOL....Obama won that debate.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 PM

665 posts, read 1,239,951 times
Mitt R omney tried but it came off as inauthenic and Newt wasnt his firey self.

but Mitt made a fatal mistake, he let Newt take credit for medicare part D which is hugely
popular with senior citizens which is a huge part of floridas population

Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,768,603 times
I'd say Paul really did himself some damage with that bit about Iran being justified to block the straights.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 PM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so when and where will the darn debate be Televised? We are searching everywhere?
I know. NBC forgot to tell the TV Guide channel.

Last edited by LauraC; 01-23-2012 at 11:14 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,802,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'd say Paul really did himself some damage with that bit about Iran being justified to block the straights.
He never used those words. He asked everyone to look at the reasons why Iran is threatening to close the straits, and which happens to be the economic sanctions we have piled on them time after time, and because of which Iran is now experiencing hyperinflation. He also said that Iran would never block the straits because they would be hurting themselves too in the process. While a blockade would hurt us, pushing gas prices up by a couple of dollars, it would devastate Iran. Iran is really between a rock and a very hard place.

And Paul is 100% right in his assessments.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,896,049 times
I don't think the ends justifies the means. Like saying if only I was king for a day. I think RP should continue being RP and simply articulate more. The MCM isn't everything. If it weren't for the internet RP wouldn't be as well known as he is now. One think I do really like about him is he sticks to the issues. He is in a rigged game. The money and power aren't going to be real interested in Paul unless they feel they can use him to advantage.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
If the fix isn't in I'm the freaking Queen of England!!
I actually think, your majesty , that Ron Paul won the debate tonight. The problem with the others getting so much air time over so many debates is you grow weary of them about half way through and start to zone out. I actually know now what Romney and Gingrich will say before they answer because there are no new questions.

Unrelated, forget about any non DC candidate that talks tax simplification or streamlining the tax code. Never gonna happen. I've been voting for decades and candidates running for the Senate, House and the Presidency always promise tax simplification on the campaign trail but once they get into office it never happens and here's why: The lawyer lobby and most of the politicians are lawyers themselves who consider their political afterlife as well as campaign contributions. Lawyers make a buck because of a complicated tax code and complicated tax returns. Tax simplification would end that money stream. Once in office, "tax simplification" disappears until the next campaign.

One more thing - Romney is going to make his own pre-State of the Union speech addressing Obama's. What if Obama floated a decoy speech to the media and Romney winds up talking about Obama speech content that doesn't exist? Not that Obama is doing that but shame on his political strategists for not thinking of that dirty election year trick.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Definitely, he handed Newt's butt to him. I thought Newt was going to kiss Ron Paul for a minute there. What was all of that smoozing about? lol.
I think you mean smooching. Because Ron Paul's monetary policy is the best. He runs circles around the other candidates in that area. If he's not going to be President, he should be approached to work in some monetary policy capacity for the next president. I really think he'd be a tremendous asset in that area. Just, you know, don't make him Secretary of Defense or UN Ambassador.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,766,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
He never used those words. He asked everyone to look at the reasons why Iran is threatening to close the straits, and which happens to be the economic sanctions we have piled on them time after time, and because of which Iran is now experiencing hyperinflation. He also said that Iran would never block the straits because they would be hurting themselves too in the process. While a blockade would hurt us, pushing gas prices up by a couple of dollars, it would devastate Iran. Iran is really between a rock and a very hard place.

And Paul is 100% right in his assessments.
Worth repeating.

It is too bad Americans who do not like to hear the truth through their pride of country or failure to understand history have to twist the words of an honest candidate to make him appear badly. We get the government we deserve. Frankly, from what I've seen The USA does not deserve a man as honorable as Ron Paul; yet, history has given him to us. Let us not waste the opportunity to put a real Constitutional Conservative and defender of liberty who has proven himself incorruptable to lobbiests, into the Oval Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections