Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times

Advertisements

If a woman has repeated affairs she is a "*****". If a Republican male does it "he's a front runner."
***RHYMES WITH BOAR.***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Not a true word in your entire post. /either you made it all up, or repeated someone else who did... God is watching, and he is not happy ....
with you. Actually he's really p !$$ed at you, like big time.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Default Sin's who doesn't have any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
If a woman has repeated affairs she is a "*****". If a Republican male does it "he's a front runner."
***RHYMES WITH BOAR.***
At least his wife was much closer in age, then let's say, a President who said "I never had an affair with THAT women." That President, made Monica seem like a piece of baggage. One he never intend to be with, no intentions of marrying. Like being used!!!

I'm not condoning, Newt's affair, but people make mistakes. He admitted to it, he will have to deal with his decision the rest of his life. Looks like his family still holds him high, time to move along............

Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
President George W. Bush stood before a cheering crowd at a Dallas Christian youth centre last week, and told them about being 'born again' as a Christian.
'If you change their heart, then they change their behaviour. I know,' he said, referring to his own conversion, which led to him giving up drinking.

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation | World news | The Observer

Bush has described his days before his religious conversion in his 40s as his "nomadic" period and "irresponsible youth" and admitted to drinking "too much" in those years. In Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President by James Hatfield, Bush is quoted as saying that "alcohol began to compete with my energies ... I'd lose focus". Although Bush states that he was not an alcoholic, he has acknowledged that he was "drinking too much".Nicholas D. Kristof quotes Bush's cousin Elsie Walker as saying, "He was a riot. But afterward, when you're older, that can wear thin", and gives the example of Bush asking a "proper" female friend of his parents at a family cocktail party, "So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?"In December 1966 (age 20), he was arrested for disorderly conduct after he and some friends had "a few beers" and stole a Christmas wreath from a hotel The charges were later dropped.
On September 4, 1976 (age 30), Bush was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his family's summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. He admitted his guilt, was fined US$150, and had his driving license in the state suspended for two years, although the White House had claimed 30 days. This incident did not become public knowledge until it was reported by Erin Fehlau of Maine FOX affiliate WPXT-TV in the week before the 2000 election.The most notorious episode, reported in numerous diverse sources including U.S. News & World Report on November 1, 1999, Secrecy & Privilege: Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq by Robert Parry, First Son: George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty by Bill Minutaglio, and W: Revenge of the Bush Dynasty by Elizabeth Mitchell, has 26-year-old Bush visiting his parents in Washington, D.C. over the Christmas vacation in 1972, shortly after the death of his grandfather, and taking his 16-year-old brother Marvin out drinking. On the way home Bush lost control of the car and ran over a waste container, but continued home with the garbage can wedged noisily under the car. When his father, George H. W. Bush, called him on the carpet for not only his own behavior but for exposing his younger brother to risk, George W., still under the influence, appears to have retorted angrily, "I hear you're looking for me. You wanna go mano-a-mano right here?

In Fortunate Son, Bush biographer Hatfield quoted several anonymous sources regarding allegations of Bush's cocaine use. Hatfield reported that Bush had been arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 and that his father pulled strings to have records of the arrest expunged. Bush campaign spokesperson Mindy Tucker called the allegation "absolutely untrue". Bush repeatedly refused to state whether he had ever used cocaine Bush did say in 1999 that he could truthfully answer "no" to the then-standard FBI background check question of whether he had used any illegal drug in the last seven years. He later stated that he could have passed a background check under a policy that his father had instituted as President in 1989 that extended the background check to 15 years. This would have checked back to 1974, two years after the alleged 1972 arrest.
This was a good book. President Bush also credited, his wife and Billy Graham for saving him. Billy Graham, next step........God.

You might have seen this, this is where Laura speaks about the decision, Jim Beam or me, she says, she never said that.

Laura Bush Reveals to Oprah How George W. Bush Stopped Drinking - ABC News

Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;22668031]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
YES. when your ONLY defense of Newton is ..."But, but so and so did it,too...." Then you approve of affairs.

That's like saying "a precedent was set so now it's OK....."

You didn't approve of the Kennedys so now you must either disaprove of Newt or APPROVE OF THEM ALL.

Or you'd be a two-faced hypocrite like ALL Newt supporters...

There are many books out there that have in-depth info on Kennedy's affairs and Peter Lawford's involvement in them. Kitty Kelly's biography of Frank Sinatra (though old) is very good, as is "The Man Who Kept the Secrets" (a biography of Lawford).

Adultery is NOT acceptable, but it is being done to death as is the race card. It is like the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" (just assuming you've read and are familiar with that).

Old 01-24-2012, 02:39 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
At least his wife was much closer in age, then let's say, a President who said "I never had an affair with THAT women." That President, made Monica seem like a piece of baggage. One he never intend to be with, no intentions of marrying. Like being used!!!

I'm not condoning, Newt's affair, but people make mistakes. He admitted to it, he will have to deal with his decision the rest of his life. Looks like his family still holds him high, time to move along............
Then you must be a progressive Republican and are for gay marriage...right ? The right-wing of the Republican Party is
totally against gay marriage. Why did I bring up gay marriage ?
Well, the Republican Party has been spouting off about Family
Values and trying to enforce their version of them on everyone
since George W. Bush took office. If they were really FOR the sanctity of marriage then they would outlaw divorce. After all
Newt's version of marriage is between one man and one woman and another woman. Two humans who love each other and want to get married makes perfect sense. Are Republicans becoming so progressive that they want to make marriage a three-way deal. I'm
sure Romney won't have any problem with that.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default No pass for the polar bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why does it even matter if Gingrich has been married several times and has cheated on his wife. That has nothing to do with how he will lead the country! Every person in this world has a past and everybody has done things that are shameful and that they regret. Cut Gingrich a break!
If Obama even so much as looks at another woman in a manner that SUGGESTS that he might have ideas that are not pure, Republicans would be all over him. They'd start some kind of movement, and obsess over it endlessly, for years.

Gingrich is a repulsive figure, the John Edwards of the GOP. He must be slammed. He gets no pass.

No pass for Newt "Polar Bear" Gingrich

Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Gingrich is a repulsive figure, the John Edwards of the GOP.
Well, I have mixed feelings about Newt's politics but I have to admit you nailed it on the personal level. He is the Republican John Edwards.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh yes they are....especially when there's no third party "he said-she-said"....it came right from Newt's lips to HER ears...

C'mon, Newt so far hasn't been shown to have ANY morals or ethics...who ya gonna believe....???
If you think ex-wives are an accurate source of information, you probably have never been through a divorce.

My post was not about Newt.... it was about an ex wife.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
[quote=Mrs. Skeffington;22682390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

There are many books out there that have in-depth info on Kennedy's affairs and Peter Lawford's involvement in them. Kitty Kelly's biography of Frank Sinatra (though old) is very good, as is "The Man Who Kept the Secrets" (a biography of Lawford).

Adultery is NOT acceptable, but it is being done to death as is the race card. It is like the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" (just assuming you've read and are familiar with that).
Again, your post makes no sense and is NOT relevent to the subject...

....now go back and change post 255...it looks like you are credited with my words!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections