Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You mean, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN! THAT CLINTON.

Wow go figure those running for office, are not perfect, candiates on both sides have flaws, imagine that.

If people cannot fogive, then Religion is a crock!

How many who go to Church are nothing but freaking hypocrites.
But one of them was so flawed that he lied under oath about it and was impeached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Newt Gingrich has a history which includes far more than his sexual indiscretions. That's just an indication of his character, a character which also drove his unbridled lust for the power, his ability to lie to the American people right to their face and his chicanery and duplicity.

Newt is not an honest man and he's worse than your average crooked politician. Never doubt for a moment that his highest priority is himself.

Those of us old enough to remember the 90's and his so-called "Contract With America" have heard all these same lies before. We've already seen him posture, heard him use all the right rhetoric, listened to him as he positioned himself as a true Conservative, then watched as he shape-changed when elected and did exactly the opposite of what he'd promised. We've also heard him preach values to us while banging his secretary and saw how he led a revolt in the House which overthrew Speaker Jim Wright (no paragon of virtue) over a shady book deal, then watched Newt get caught doing the same thing a couple of years later.

No, we old-timers won't be fooled by him again.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Republican base has long been considered to be the family values, Evangelical Christians.

One can't help but imagine what spiritual, moral and Scriptural contortions they must have put themselves through to vote for either Gingrich or Romney. All the Evangelical right is doing this campaign season is demonstrating the shallowness and hypocrisy of their position.

While trumpeting Christ and what He stood for, they're pulling the lever for candidates with no convictions and no character. I mean, for goodness sakes! Jesus wants us to have either a serial adulterer or a vulture capitalist in the White House? I'd like to see the Scriptural justification for THAT!

The GOP has gone from the party which rode a tide of disaffection into power in the House just two years ago to a party of confused, befuddled simpletons who can't even vote their own convictions. They're rapidly becoming a laughing stock.

I can't help but believe they're dancing a *** at the White House (pardon my pun). The prospect of running against Newt Gingrich must have them positively salivating.
Hence why this evangelical Christian CANNOT vote Republican anymore. These hypocrites are despicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You mean, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN! THAT CLINTON.

Wow go figure those running for office, are not perfect, candiates on both sides have flaws, imagine that.

If people cannot fogive, then Religion is a crock!

How many who go to Church are nothing but freaking hypocrites.
I understand what you mean California, and I'm fairly tolerant of peoples' failings. I have some myself. But three marriages and two divorces brought about by adultery, over several decades doesn't indicate a slip up--it's a pattern. That's a problem for me. I can vote for a man who slips up once, but a man who repeatedly divorces his wives to chase other women is the lowest of the low in my book. I cannot respect a man who does that. And I can't bring myself to vote for him and then talk to others about how I value family life. As an evangelical myself, I'd feel like a complete hypocrite and sell out if I voted for Gingrich.

Yet so many evangelicals will vote against the monogamous father of five because he's a mormon. Incredible. Can we say bigotry?

Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Hence why this evangelical Christian CANNOT vote Republican anymore. These hypocrites are despicable.

I understand what you mean California, and I'm fairly tolerant of peoples' failings. I have some myself. But three marriages and two divorces brought about by adultery, over several decades doesn't indicate a slip up--it's a pattern. That's a problem for me. I can vote for a man who slips up once, but a man who repeatedly divorces his wives to chase other women is the lowest of the low in my book. I cannot respect a man who does that. And I can't bring myself to vote for him and then talk to others about how I value family life. As an evangelical myself, I'd feel like a complete hypocrite and sell out if I voted for Gingrich.

Yet so many evangelicals will vote against the monogamous father of five because he's a mormon. Incredible. Can we say bigotry?
A lot will also vote for anybody as a vote against the black man in the White House. In fact, that seems to be the platform the GOP is intent on running with. It worked in 2010, so why not in 2012?

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Does anyone here recognize a pendulum swing when they see it?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
A lot will also vote for anybody as a vote against the black man in the White House. In fact, that seems to be the platform the GOP is intent on running with. It worked in 2010, so why not in 2012?

Anyone that continues to bring up race as the main factor for getting obama out of the White House......and you are telling us "who is out of touch with reality?"

Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Anyone that continues to bring up race as the main factor for getting obama out of the White House......and you are telling us "who is out of touch with reality?"
It may not be the main factor, but it's certainly a part of it and if you've ever talked to some of the more rabid Obamaphobes, you'll know it. I can't tell you how many of my right-wing friends STILL refer to him as "that N----r in White House" in private conversations. No, they won't say it out loud publicly, but it's still there and it still is a major factor.

Honestly...have you never heard the President called that or something similar?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
It may not be the main factor, but it's certainly a part of it and if you've ever talked to some of the more rabid Obamaphobes, you'll know it. I can't tell you how many of my right-wing friends STILL refer to him as "that N----r in White House" in private conversations. No, they won't say it out loud publicly, but it's still there and it still is a major factor.

Honestly...have you never heard the President called that or something similar?
I've heard the last 5-6 presidents called every form of name known to man multiple times over and over and over and......this RACE card has been so worn out by this admin and people just like you....he's black....OMG....but it has absolutely nothing to do with his policies...does it...

I'm sure obama still get's referred to by names by unintelligent people, black, white, brown, green, purple skinned Americans.

Are they right, in their own mind....but I really don't care.....

And, if you think the "N" word only refers to a black person, you are completely wrong and out of touch....

Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I've heard the last 5-6 presidents called every form of name known to man multiple times over and over and over
Yep, that's true. But I never heard any of them called "That White guy in the White House," have you?

Quote:
and......this RACE card has been so worn out by this admin and people just like you....he's black....OMG....but it has absolutely nothing to do with his policies...does it...
No, it doesn't have anything to do with his policies, but for too many people, his policies are secondary to his color.

Claiming race has been worn out by the President's supporters is just another way of denying it's reality. Pretending it ain't so does nothing to address it.

Quote:
And, if you think the "N" word only refers to a black person, you are completely wrong and out of touch....
Oh, please! If I had a dime for every time I've heard a bigot say that, I'd be a rich man today. No, I'm not calling you a bigot, just pointing out that old saw is no more true today than it ever was.

And, to paraphrase an old Goldwater campaign slogan: "In your heart, you know I'm right."

Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
-Iowa votes for a theocratic jingoist bigot (Santorum) as their lead horse.
-New Hampshire votes for the theocratic jingoist flip flopper (Romney) as their lead horse
-South Carolina votes for the philandering jingoist extremist neocon as their lead horse
So Romney is "theocratic" and Newt is not? LOL

Quote:
-Does the word "electability" mean nothing to Republican primary voters? What kind of twisted, warped, strung out mind looks at this field and goes "Ya know, I think what the independent voters who decide presidential elections want is an extremist. THAT'S what the people want! We'll win for sure!"
Newt and Santorum are extremists, yes, but.....so is Ron Paul!

And Romney is not.

Quote:
-Republican voters in New Hampshire think that they can win an election while getting about 30% of the independent vote and none of the people who put "man of his word" a the top of their election criteria.
Romney leads Obama with independents in polls - often by large margins.

Quote:
-You Republican voters....you're just handing Obama a 2nd term at this point. I held out some hope for a while that you'd either eventually pull your head out of your collective asses and realize this country will never move to the fringes you want it to be at....or at the very least swallow the bitter pill and vote for someone who has a chance, but apparently I was wrong.

You're completely and totally out of touch with reality, and that's too bad. I've long said that if the GOP doesn't put someone compelling up against Obama this year, I would just sit at home rather than hold my nose and vote for the Republican, even though I'm completely fed up with Obama. But after seeing this and how much in need of a message Republican voters are, I think I might just take the 5 seconds necessary to mail in a ballot with a circle filled in for O. You guys need a wake up call.
You're completely and totally out of touch with reality. You think that Ron Paul is electable and Romney isn't.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 01-22-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections