Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,770,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Those crazy liberals are afriad of Newt because of his high moral character, steadiness, honesty and non-wavering conservative principles. The man is the greatest hope for America.
CNN reported that Gingrich is planning several major speeches in the coming days, and one will be at the space coast in Florida speaking about on space. Looking forward to hearing them. Basically his speeches are about a positive outlook for America into the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 01:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The sane segment of the Republican party fears Newt Gingrich, because they know his unstable history and they know he more than likely cannot win against Barack Obama. The democrats are loving Newt right now, because they also know his troubled history and they know there is a treasure trove of information to dig up and release on him if he gets the nomination.
What the hay? I might as well be the first to open up Newt's personal Pandora's Box. Here's a tidbit for the conservative, right wing, tea party, base that is so enamored of him at the moment.

Who was the very first politician of either party to officially come out in favor and support of the "Individual Mandate" for health insurance?????

Why it was Newt Gingrich. Yes, that most hated and despised feature of Obamacare, the individual mandate, was first proposed by none other than Newt Gingrich in a house speech in 1993 when he was the house minority whip. He got the idea from a paper written by The Heritage Foundation and was the first politician to officially propose the individual mandate in the legislature. His exact quote was......

"I am for people, individuals-exactly like automobile insurance-having health insurance and being required to have health insurance."

Things that make you go Hmmmm........

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-22-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 01:47 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,521,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
None of the other candidates have been targeted with the sheer intensity of hatred from the left as Newt Gingrich. Not even Santorum, the anti-gay "traditional marriage" candidate is hated this much by liberals. Knowing that hate is a result of fear, if Newt truly doesn't stand a chance against Obama, why are you so afraid?
You're wrong. Liberals aren't afraid of Newt. Liberals like myself are actually giddy that Newt is running strong in the Republican primary. His rhetoric pushes the Republican party so far to the right that whoever ends up the nominee will be crushed on election day by the independents who will flock to Obama in sheer disgust of the New Nazi....I mean....Republican party.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:53 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Those crazy liberals are afriad of Newt because of his high moral character, steadiness, honesty and non-wavering conservative principles. The man is the greatest hope for America.
Bwaahahaha...

Not afraid...more like...sickened.
High moral character? Right.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
No one is afraid of that clown.

You Conservatives need to stop flattering yourselves.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:57 PM

791 posts, read 460,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one is afraid of that clown.

You Conservatives need to stop flattering yourselves.
I'm a Conservative, and Nuke the Puke scares me to death!!

Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
I'm a Conservative, and Nuke the Puke scares me to death!!
Thank God there's still sanity in the GOP.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:05 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Because we don't want that slimy cheater hitting on our wives or girlfriends

Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,262 times
if newt wins Obama is going to singing Al green all the way to November.

I would caution democrats that Carter wanted regan as his opponent and look what
happened.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
if newt wins Obama is going to singing Al green all the way to November.

I would caution democrats that Carter wanted regan as his opponent and look what
happened.
One thing is certain though, Newt Gingrich is No Ronald Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections