Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'll speak slowly for you......lying UNDER OATH.
And I will repeat what I said before
"I guess lying to his fellow liars and crooks is worst than lying to the people who elected him"

Are you serious? Newt got caught doing both of his past wives wrong AND he is the only speaker of the house to be removed and fined by his own colleagues. Now tell me again why should anyone vote for this racist immoral man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Quit insulting senior citizens. The vast majority of us are not only old enough to remember what a disgrace Newt is but are also smart enough not to vote for him. I do believe that Newt would probably be the most corrupt president in the history of the republic and I refuse to believe that the majority of Americans will elect him just because he loves to manipulate them and feed their anger.
I think that he meant a senile senior citizen, an quite honestly I think that even they remembered what he did

Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM

141 posts, read 304,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
How can people vote for mr obama who is collecting more money than god from wall street firms even while he's bashing the wall street bankers? Do you want a corrupt, hypocritical president?
Obama is corrupt too.

This election, I'm voting for a politician who IS NOT corrupt.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J152cc2 View Post
Obama is corrupt too.

I guess that you won't be voting, or the candidate that you vote for has not got a snowballs chance in ..........

Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
My question is how can someone vote for a guy who has been essentially out of work for 14 years by the time he takes office? Newt has done absolutely nothing in over 14 years, no accomplishments of any kind. That's the thing that is most baffling to me, how anyone can vote for a guy who has done nothing in the past decade. What he has done in the 90s is irrelevant as his accomplishments in the 90s are not applicable to the current situation the US is in.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J152cc2
Obama is corrupt too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you won't be voting, or the candidate that you vote for has not got a snowballs chance in ..........
Right, you criticize people for supporting a massively corrupt Newt Gingrich. You're right, he is massively corrupt and massively flawed.

But when somebody points out that Obama is also corrupt and flawed, it no longer matters ....

and you criticize somebody for choosing to vote for the one guy running who is effectively incorruptible (Ron Paul.)

There's a reason that so many people have a growing hatred for our two party system. Both parties are corrupt and neither is truly looking out for the best interests of Americans. A vote for the Libertarian candidate or a vote for Ron Paul is as likely to be a protest vote against the broken political system as it is a vote for the things he stands for.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Right, you criticize people for supporting a massively corrupt Newt Gingrich. You're right, he is massively corrupt and massively flawed.

But when somebody points out that Obama is also corrupt and flawed, it no longer matters ....

and you criticize somebody for choosing to vote for the one guy running who is effectively incorruptible (Ron Paul.)

There's a reason that so many people have a growing hatred for our two party system. Both parties are corrupt and neither is truly looking out for the best interests of Americans. A vote for the Libertarian candidate or a vote for Ron Paul is as likely to be a protest vote against the broken political system as it is a vote for the things he stands for.
I agree with you regarding the corruption on both sides. I like many of Ron Paul's views, but unfortunately the way that the system is setup he like anyone outside of the traditional crooked parties will never get elected. This has more to do with the electoral colleges than anything else. the other thing is that if the refuticans will not work with the dumbocrats what makes you think that either one will work with Paul?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
My question is how can someone vote for a guy who has been essentially out of work for 14 years by the time he takes office? Newt has done absolutely nothing in over 14 years, no accomplishments of any kind. That's the thing that is most baffling to me, how anyone can vote for a guy who has done nothing in the past decade. What he has done in the 90s is irrelevant as his accomplishments in the 90s are not applicable to the current situation the US is in.

Good point, this has not been mentioned in any of the debates or non-bias talk shows

Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
What he did in the 90s is not irrelevant and as for doing nothing for 14 years? Interesting statement, I thought the "other side" was claiming he was a lobbyist, which was it?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What he did in the 90s is not irrelevant and as for doing nothing for 14 years? Interesting statement, I thought the "other side" was claiming he was a lobbyist, which was it?
But actually, being a lobbyist and claiming to be an outsider at the same time is kind of confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections