U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM

141 posts, read 275,365 times

Advertisements

When one minute he says he is against government involvement in fannie mae and freddie mac...

Then he accepts $1.6 million from them and decides he is now in favor of government involvement in them.

Are you people voting for Newt just stupid? Don't you see corruption when it smacks you in the face? Newt will accept money in the presidency and be in the pockets of lobbyists. He is corrupt, it is obvious.

Do people just want a corrupt president or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM

7,585 posts, read 3,893,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J152cc2 View Post
When one minute he says he is against government involvement in fannie mae and freddie mac...

Then he accepts $1.6 million from them and decides he is now in favor of government involvement in them.

Are you people voting for Newt just stupid? Don't you see corruption when it smacks you in the face? Newt will accept money in the presidency and be in the pockets of lobbyists. He is corrupt, it is obvious.

Do people just want a corrupt president or something?
Newt is the most flawed candidate I've ever heard of.

Gingrich vs Obama in 2012 would finally give the Democrats a chance beat the GOP as badly as Reagan beat them in 1984.

An entire map of blue? The Dems would love that!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM

69,511 posts, read 79,748,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Newt is the most flawed candidate I've ever heard of.

Gingrich vs Obama in 2012 would finally give the Democrats a chance beat the GOP as badly as Reagan beat them in 1984.

An entire map of blue? The Dems would love that!
i doubt that. Why do you say he is flawed, just because you are a liberal? He isn't perfect, God only knows, he has done flip flopping like almost all candidates, but none of this makes him flawed or maybe I should say, what do you consider flawed?

Nita

Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,558,236 times
"How can people vote for Newt?"

Obama

Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM

141 posts, read 275,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i doubt that. Why do you say he is flawed, just because you are a liberal? He isn't perfect, God only knows, he has done flip flopping like almost all candidates, but none of this makes him flawed or maybe I should say, what do you consider flawed?

Nita
Nita,

What do you think of the fact that he cheated on two of his wives?
Or that he asked for an open marriage.
All the while he was in congress wanting to impeach Clinton for doing acts that were less despicable than what he was up to...

Also, how does one explain the fact that he was a paid lobbyist at one point in time? Yet now he lies to the public and says that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac only paid him $30K. But records show they paid him $1.6 million. Is he just bad at math or something?

These issues will be brought up during the General Election, and it is my opinion Newt can't win-- and if he does-- well we just elected a very corrupt politician to our highest office...

Old 01-23-2012, 12:58 PM

2,911 posts, read 2,872,146 times
People are sheep. They listen to "news" on televisions and radios and the hosts said "Newt lead poll..." "Newt lead Obama...." then they just go to vote on him.

To them, it is anyone but Obama. But what they failed to realize is the policies for all these candidates are the same. They all running for the same party just two different names.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:58 PM

667 posts, read 654,005 times
Romney's PAC is putting this all over the air in Florida. I'd certainly consider these flaws.

“The House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House’s 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker with ethical wrongdoing.” (The Washington Post, 1/22/97)

“Newt Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from two contracts with mortgage company Freddie Mac, according to two people familiar with the arrangement.” (Clea Benson and John McCormick, Bloomberg, 11/16/11)

Newt Facts | The Real Truth About Newt Gingrich

And this doesn't even touch on the hypocrisy of his private life. He's the best the GOP has to offer? Yikes.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM

19,450 posts, read 13,103,103 times
I'm more interested in the possibility that Newt will torpedo his candidacy once more.

John McCain squandered his funding while waiting around for the Demcrats to settle who their nominee was in 2008, but Newt squandered his right off the bat last year, and then scuttled his sinking ship by jetting off for a vacation right in the middle of the early campaign when things hadn't yet formed up.

That's Newt. He rises fast, inflicts damage on himself, and falls just as fast. Like Lazarus, he has risen from the dead, but I'm wondering how many times he can do it. I think he won't be able to resist tempting fate once more, now that he has risen again.

For me, that is the most worrying thing about the guy. We surely don't need an unpredictable, unstable President in these times.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:08 PM

1,518 posts, read 1,659,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
People are sheep. They listen to "news" on televisions and radios
This goes for the people who spew negative things they hear and see on TV without researching the facts.

How many times do we have to hear the misinformation about Newt giving divorce papers in the hospital to his sick wife dying of cancer?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM

674 posts, read 984,115 times
How can people vote for Newt?

Pretty much ignorance.....some deception is involved, but mostly pure ignorance.

Here's how I see it: It's the baby boomer generation has had it so good for such a long time with cush jobs that paid them way more than they deserved for doing very little. They've also been very used to being lazy when it comes to gathering information and self-education. They don't want to read a book and think for themselves, they don't want to have to 'google' something and find reliable news and information sources. No, they want to just plop on their couch at home, eat their fast food (Why am I fat? I don't get it), and turn on CNN/Fox News so they can pretend to know something at the watercooler tomorrow at work.

It's this same laziness and ignorance that speaks to how they vote: they vote for the establishment. They do this because they want the government to fix their problems. They don't want to work hard for themselves and make their own choices, they just want the government to get everything back to the way it was when they were overpaid, could buy homes above their pay grade, and could bank on social security and government benefits to get them through retirement.

Well the Government has failed them and they STILL turn to the establishment for help. What they should be doing is saying "ok, you had your chances, I see now you're screwing up my economy and my life, please step aside and let me control my own destiny".

But they would rather have things handed to them by the nanny state, and in return the establishment gets to expand it's empire in the name of "spreading peace and democracy" but really it's to make a buck off the deaths and poverty of other nations for their resources. This is all good to the baby boomer because they really think a country with nothing but dirt, let alone a navy or airforce, might "attack" a country that has more military power than the next 21 nations combined.

Hi, I'm a baby boomer: "WAHHHHHHH fix it government! Fix it!!!"

I'm just getting my popcorn ready for when it all comes crashing down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or