Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Newt gave what 2.6% of his income to charity?? Not only did he cheat on his wives, but he cheated God. Newt can not be trusted, he's slimy.

Ginsberg said Romney gives about 16 percent of his income to charity. In 2011, the filings show that Romney donated more than $4 million, while giving almost $3 million in 2010.
Appearing on Fox News Sunday this weekend, Romney was asked by moderator Chris Wallace if he thinks his donations to his church could be problematic politically for him.
“Gee, I hope not,” he said. “If people want to discriminate against someone based upon their commitment to tithe, I’d be very surprised.” (RELATED: I keep my promises (unlike the other guy))
“This is a country that believes in the Bible,” Romney said. “The Bible speaks about providing tithes and offerings. I made a commitment to my church a long, long time ago that I’d give 10 percent of my income to the church. And I’ve followed through on that commitment.”

Tax returns show Romney donates millions to Mormon church - Yahoo! News
Just what god wants...money!

No, seriously, those millions sure should buy a lot of votes!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I'm not defending Newt, I'm actually condeming him as the hypocrite he is, I'm just saying his ex-wife's infidelity is irrelevant to Newt's campaign.
Sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up with the ex's, the cheating, and the lying.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Just what god wants...money!

No, seriously, those millions sure should buy a lot of votes!!!!

You obviously have no idea what that money does for those in need through the work of the LDS church. Romney also gives to other charities through he and Ann's foundation...money that goes for such things as medical research and children at risk. They are very involved in research for MS because of their personal experience with it.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Newt gave what 2.6% of his income to charity?? Not only did he cheat on his wives, but he cheated God. Newt can not be trusted, he's slimy.

Ginsberg said Romney gives about 16 percent of his income to charity. In 2011, the filings show that Romney donated more than $4 million, while giving almost $3 million in 2010.
Appearing on Fox News Sunday this weekend, Romney was asked by moderator Chris Wallace if he thinks his donations to his church could be problematic politically for him.
“Gee, I hope not,” he said. “If people want to discriminate against someone based upon their commitment to tithe, I’d be very surprised.” (RELATED: I keep my promises (unlike the other guy))
“This is a country that believes in the Bible,” Romney said. “The Bible speaks about providing tithes and offerings. I made a commitment to my church a long, long time ago that I’d give 10 percent of my income to the church. And I’ve followed through on that commitment.”

Tax returns show Romney donates millions to Mormon church - Yahoo! News

You know that would make perfect sense in the Republican Party for their nominee a few years ago, but now for a certain segment, they could care less. There used to be a morality factor involved in who Republicans ran for office. They used to censor their own. Evidently, that is out the window now. The Republican party has sunk lower than low. I can remember when being divorced once was a consideration. Remember when George Bush's DUI was the October surprise? What would it take now to be an October surprise? I would have never dreamed Republicans and those that call themselves the 'most conservative' would seiously run someone with Newt's history...not just in his personal life which was a mess, but with his overall character flaws and poor record when he was speaker of the house. He was essentially fired from the job. Who hires someone back to a higher position after they leave a lower position in disgrace and with ethics violations and fines? It absolutely makes no sense. These people are courting disaster and will guarantee Obama another term.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,676 times
I'm sorry, but how does Newt get all these women? I understand money, but there have to be a lot better looking politicians out there with the same amount of money.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I'm sorry, but how does Newt get all these women? I understand money, but there have to be a lot better looking politicians out there with the same amount of money.

No offense, but you have seen the women, right?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
His charming likable personality.

Sorry, I could not resist

In all seriousness, I think he reminds women of their childhood teddy bear

Old 01-25-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
No offense, but you have seen the women, right?
LOL But still...

Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
His charming likable personality.

Sorry, I could not resist

In all seriousness, I think he reminds women of their childhood teddy bear
Nice, pouchy belly. It's so cuddly.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess it takes a cheat to know a cheat.

Newt Gingrich's ex-wife Marianne reportedly had affair with married man

When she began dating now-presidential candidate Newt Gingrich in 1980 — when he was married to his first wife — Marianne was on the rebound from her affair with United Auto Workers local boss Marlin “Whitey” Ford, the Washington Post reported in 1995.

I guess that did not come up in the interview last week.
I'm sorry Mrs. Gingrich #2 is running for President. This will scuttle her chances for good.
How is this relevant at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections