Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

Thats why older people dont go for him. We were there in the 70's looking for that guy to leagalize grass and it didnt happen. Looking to the Repub. party is not the place to go. I also understand the Const. discussions which you have to understand that the Sup. court has ruled on most of the things which he doesnt like, you need to get on the floor of the house and sell your ideas to the other members if you want to overturn rulings which can be done under the const.. I guess he has been unable to do that. It comes down to some day you will be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How can you be sure that one who served 4 tours of duty in vietnam, recieved 2 purple hearts, is active in the local community second amendment organization and teaches a class on firearms safety to high school kids is against the constitution and would prefer the soviet union to the USA? How do you know this from where you sit?
While your service was noble, the Vietnam War wasn't. It was nothing more than our government trying to prevent the spread of communism in a place we had no business getting involved. As deplorable as communism is, sometimes you just got to let the people in that country fight it off. It isn't our place to get involved in matters that don't directly involve us. I understand that it was at the height of the Cold War, and that they didn't want the Soviet Union to influence south Asia. I get that. That said, according to the Constitution, it's not our role.

What did Vietnam accomplish? Nothing. As soon as we left, it wasn't long thereafter that Vietnam reunited and adopted Communism (for the original South Vietnam part, being that North Vietnam was already Communist).

You're pro-constitution on guns? That seems to be one of the few areas where seniors even seem to care. What about the rest of the Constitution?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Thats why older people dont go for him. We were there in the 70's looking for that guy to leagalize grass and it didnt happen. Looking to the Repub. party is not the place to go. I also understand the Const. discussions which you have to understand that the Sup. court has ruled on most of the things which he doesnt like, you need to get on the floor of the house and sell your ideas to the other members if you want to overturn rulings which can be done under the const.. I guess he has been unable to do that. It comes down to some day you will be me.
Have you not heard of radical courts?

By the way, you act as though the supreme court has put to rest every constitutional argument of Ron Paul. A bit of propaganda?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM

I understand radical courts, but for a lib. a con.court is radical, for a con. a Lib. court is radical. It might be time for him to find some cases that he can go into the courts and move them as far into the system as he can,he has enough cash. Its become a real nice talking point.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM

791 posts, read 460,709 times
Quote:
How can you be sure that one who served 4 tours of duty in vietnam, recieved 2 purple hearts, is active in the local community second amendment organization and teaches a class on firearms safety to high school kids is against the constitution and would prefer the soviet union to the USA? How do you know this from where you sit?

My apologies for upsetting your precarious applecart. I'll know better next time to refrain from posting in the Ron Paul threads. I'll just stand back and watch while you slowly sink into oblivion.
Look Mohawk, I appreciate your service and I'm sorry if you feel slighted by my comments, but the fact remains that every one of your reasons to dislike Ron Paul is actually a reason you should like him.

On entitlements, he wants to preserve benefits for those who are are now or will soon be getting them. He introduced legislation to keep the crooks in Washington from spending the money, but nobody listened.

Sound money would allow those entitlements to keep their value so you don't lose 10% a year to inflation.

Reducing the size and scope of the Federal government would allow the states to control where and how they spend their own money, making the things they do with it (safety net, schools, regulations) cheaper and more effective.

What is there NOT to like?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 PM

791 posts, read 460,709 times
Quote:
You weren't the only one there in the 70's, Boss...

Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM

yup your right and it was a great time to be alive

Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM

gotta go my turn to read to the grandkids

Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Thats why older people dont go for him. We were there in the 70's looking for that guy to leagalize grass and it didnt happen.
Wouldn't that have been in the late '80's when RP ran as a Libertarian. That is not all he ran on, back then, you know.

Saying folks only support RP because of marijuana legalization is a falsehood. The REP of "only dopers"
makes for a quick joke for Bill Maher, but that's about it...

Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
All your's and my point's are based on individual perceptions. I respect yours as I stand by mine. As far as the constitution is concerned, I take my marching orders from the Supreme Court, the final arbitors and interpreters of the meaning of the constitution as was established by our founding fathers. I do not subscribe to some backwoods texas politician's interpretation of what he thinks the constitution means no matter how many parrot his ideas.
We'll have to agree to disagree as mine is a strict Constructionist view of the US Constitution. From your posts it would appear you are a loose Constructionist in regard to the US Constitution.

Ron Paul is hardly backwoods. Your attempts at slander and name calling fail to lend to any credibility to your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections