Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I can't understand this one so I'll leave the answering up to conservatives on this board-- especially the ones that left Cain after his revelations and are now full-on Newt Gingrich supporters.
In the first place, there were only charges of "inappropriate" behavior in Cains case. And the charges were brought by women in need of money, who had a history of such frivolous lawsuits, and women with no evidence whatsoever.

As soon as Cain withdrew from the race, they quickly disappeared. Mission accomplished. That was their only purpose, to cast doubt and force his withdrawal. Even Gloria Allred crawled back under her rock. Why? Because there was nothing that they could go forward with. Nothing, zip, nada.

I believe Cain.

In Newt's case, we all knew about Newt's past already. Secondly, he handled it very differently, and stood up to his accusers.

That's my take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Cain is Black, Newt is not. simple as that. The racist GOP likes token blacks like Watts, but never for the White House. After all, they don't call it the "White" House for nothing.
It had nothing to do with race. I still support Cain and would have voted for him in a heartbeat, had he not withdrawn.

Many of my Tea Party friends also still support Cain. We were all big fans, and still are.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,833,825 times
The GOP will not have a black nominee. They do, however, have token blacks pop up now and again in high positions eg Michael Steel ( Chairman of the party) but he didn't last long either.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:24 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,269,306 times
Cain was in trouble long before the women surfaced. His campaign was slapped together, and Cain did not do well in the debates- the only person who performed worse was Rick Perry. His one important interview opportunity was blown when he had a 5 minute brain fade when asked a simple question, and his 9-9-9 proposal was nonsense.

The women were just icing on a cake that had already gone stale. He could have been a sexual saint, but it wouldn't have made a difference- his days were numbered, and he knew it. The truth is, Cain was another Trump, with less obvious arrogance and a better haircut. He didn't last any longer than Trump did.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,425,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I can't understand this one so I'll leave the answering up to conservatives on this board-- especially the ones that left Cain after his revelations and are now full-on Newt Gingrich supporters.
Cain tried to DENY his infidelity and Gingrich ADMITTED his. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In the first place, there were only charges of "inappropriate" behavior in Cains case. And the charges were brought by women in need of money, who had a history of such frivolous lawsuits, and women with no evidence whatsoever.

As soon as Cain withdrew from the race, they quickly disappeared. Mission accomplished. That was their only purpose, to cast doubt and force his withdrawal. Even Gloria Allred crawled back under her rock. Why? Because there was nothing that they could go forward with. Nothing, zip, nada.

I believe Cain.

In Newt's case, we all knew about Newt's past already. Secondly, he handled it very differently, and stood up to his accusers.

That's my take.
I agree with you about Cain, except I do think there was something there. The problem still lies with the difference between affairs between consenting adults and sexual harrassment, whether true or not.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The GOP will not have a black nominee. They do, however, have token blacks pop up now and again in high positions eg Michael Steel ( Chairman of the party) but he didn't last long either.
totally false: it is the liberals that can't stand the possibility of a black Republican running for Pres. Just look at the comments by the liberals on this board when Cain was accussed...It is like liberal women supporting a female Republican candidate, they can't stand it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections