Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM

865 posts, read 675,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what a statement for heaven's sake.
It wouldn't be for heavens sake, because it is a total contradiction of how the followers of the testaments are supposed to treat other human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yet literally and statistically true ... When was the last time we attacked a nation that the majority of its citizens where Caucasoid?
I think Nita's point was, it's silly to lay that charge at the feet of any one party.

However, to answer your question, it was the NATO aerial campaign against Yugoslavia (1995?).

I remember it felt really strange at the time, to be bombing a white Christian capital city

Old 01-25-2012, 01:25 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Newt, like many Republicans, likes the thought of killing brown foreign people.

No, I don't think they like to kill brown foreign people.

I don't think it's a matter of color, really.

It's a matter of who has what they want, how they can get their hands on it when they want it , and prevent other people from getting it.

Take the Saudi family, for example. We protect them, we pamper them and they sell their oil to our companies on "friendly" terms. Both parties have been kissing their behinds for decades, but the the most overt is the Bush family.

All this imbroglio with Iran reeks of Saudi elites obsessions with personal vendettas and whims.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
This creep keeps getting better and better, now he want to attack the third world country of Cuba, or overthrow the Castro regime through covert ops. If this monkey man isn't a chicken Hawk, then there never was one. All the uneducated hillbillies and rednecks should love this BIG government globalist shill ...

Gingrich Promises To Help Overthrow Castro Government | Political Correction

What a joke this guy is, and people like him would make AmeriKa the laughing stock of the world, were we not so hated already.
That story is from Media Matters!! Give me a break. Soros funded and Hillary Clinton founded, Media Matters!!! No credibility whatsoever. What a laugh.

It isn't worth further comment.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what a statement for heaven's sake.
That's all these people know. Pity them.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
This creep keeps getting better and better, now he want to attack the third world country of Cuba, or overthrow the Castro regime through covert ops. If this monkey man isn't a chicken Hawk, then there never was one. All the uneducated hillbillies and rednecks should love this BIG government globalist shill ...

Gingrich Promises To Help Overthrow Castro Government | Political Correction

What a joke this guy is, and people like him would make AmeriKa the laughing stock of the world, were we not so hated already.
You call him a globalist shill -
I think Newt really has got to chill

Can't someone give him a nice Cuban cigar,
a strong shot of Cuban Rum, and SHUT HIM UP

Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That story is from Media Matters!! Give me a break. Soros funded and Hillary Clinton founded, Media Matters!!! No credibility whatsoever. What a laugh.

It isn't worth further comment.

Here is the News max article ...

Newt Gingrich: I Will Overthrow Castro Regime

And here is another should the one above also not be acceptable for whatever reasons you may have.

The silly, the liars and the panderers - Fabiola Santiago - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/23/2606111/the-silly-the-liars-and-the-panderers.html - broken link)

That last one talks smack about Ron Paul as well, so you should enjoy it at least in part ...

Old 01-25-2012, 02:11 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Gingrich's views have reflected statism and authoritarianism for a long time. Way back in 1996, he called for drug possession to be subject to the death penalty. It's interesting to see self-described "conservatives" embrace a man whose ideology is far closer to totalitarianism than traditional conservatism.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,157 times
Man I'm disgusted with the current crop of Republicans, with the exception of Ron Paul.....

What would we possibly gain from such an action?

I wish we could just learn to mind our own business for once and not go picking a fight when we have no compelling reason to do so.

My wife and I were just discussing which Rep front runner we like less, Romney or Gingrich. While I don't care for either one of them, Gingrich just might be the bigger moron........

Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Here is the News max article ...

Newt Gingrich: I Will Overthrow Castro Regime

And here is another should the one above also not be acceptable for whatever reasons you may have.

The silly, the liars and the panderers - Fabiola Santiago - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/23/2606111/the-silly-the-liars-and-the-panderers.html - broken link)

That last one talks smack about Ron Paul as well, so you should enjoy it at least in part ...
I don't know why people think they can attack the messenger (the news media presenting the information) when it contains actual quotations of the person in question that can be verified by checking a number of other sources, including video!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections