Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,445,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You I assume I am a believer in FOX "News". Wrong again Buckaroo
We do know that you get your "Facts" from U-Tube, speaks far more about your failures than mine
You can watch college lectures on You Tube. In fact you can even watch Newt Gingrich speak to a class at Tulane University on You Tube.

What is wrong with You Tube? You Tube in many respects is an extension of the public library. In fact you can find books on the internet that aren't available or have been BANNED in libraries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Look at the title of this thread and get back to me onthe subject. FYI, there are No Documentaries on U-Tube. Jeeeeeeez, u people
I thought you implied you don't use youtube? Maybe not. Or do you know what a documentary is?

Woody Allen: A Documentary - First Look | AMERICAN MASTERS | PBS - YouTube

Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,198,480 times
Oh, when I read the title I assumed you had THE reason Paul would never be president.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You can watch college lectures on You Tube. In fact you can even watch Newt Gingrich speak to a class at Tulane University on You Tube.

What is wrong with You Tube? You Tube in many respects is an extension of the public library. In fact you can find books on the internet that aren't available or have been BANNED in libraries.
What's wrong with YouTube you ask? There is no getting of anything. Anyone can produce anything and no matter how false or misleading it is, it is given space. YouTube is like watching the political ads, you can be sure 90% of what you see and hear are false.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 PM

791 posts, read 460,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
What's wrong with YouTube you ask? There is no getting of anything. Anyone can produce anything and no matter how false or misleading it is, it is given space. YouTube is like watching the political ads, you can be sure 90% of what you see and hear are false.
All that tells me is that your either your search or discernment capabilities are severely handicapped...

Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
All that tells me is that your either your search or discernment capabilities are severely handicapped...
Funny, I don't use YouTube so I guess it isnt MY search skills that are questionable.

How many times a week do we need to have some wingnut link up a YouTube like the video of a welfare queen bragging about how she screws over the system, only to discover the video was produced by a teabagger business owner trying to "create" a new reality and supply proof of what he imagines.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

791 posts, read 460,261 times
Quote:
Funny, I don't use YouTube so I guess it isnt MY search skills that are questionable.

How many times a week do we need to have some wingnut link up a YouTube like the video of a welfare queen bragging about how she screws over the system, only to discover the video was produced by a teabagger business owner trying to "create" a new reality and supply proof of what he imagines.
We don't, and I don't condone such acts, but the fact remains that there are millions of completely accurate clips out there that should not be discounted simply because they were gotten off of Youtube. Clips from news organizations, tv shows, documentaries, etc. that we wouldn't even have access to if it wasn't for Youtube.

And just for the record, the term 'teabagger' is a disgusting reference to a sexual act and has no connection to political philosophy. You should grow up.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,015 times
Quote:
It's a place to post videos. What you say is true of any media.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,445,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I thought you implied you don't use youtube? Maybe not. Or do you know what a documentary is?

Woody Allen: A Documentary - First Look | AMERICAN MASTERS | PBS - YouTube
You, my friend, might find a wealth of PBS documentaries ON YOU TUBE if you just knew how to find them.

How about this one for example?

The Secret Government PBS 1987 Bill Moyers - YouTube

After you watch that. Take a look at "America: Freedom to Fascism"

Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,755,266 times
Quote:

And everything on the TV is true, right? Silly people ... Of course not everything on youtube is true, just like most of what you see on TV isnt true either, or at least is slanted. Everything on the NEWS amounts for the most part to propaganda, that is why it is necessary to check the sources and research the source material if you really want to discern between facts and fiction, regardless of what you are reading or from where you are getting your information whether it be msnbc or youtube.

The fact is many of you people who disdain the use of youtube videos do so only because it is a convenient way to provide researched arguments that you people dont want ot have to investigate in order to debunk it, so instead you simply pass anything and everything off as if the information is disqualified because the video was loaded up to youtube.

People are only making themselves look like Idiots ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections