U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 AM
 
1,333 posts, read 847,167 times
Reputation: 728

Advertisements

My take on Newt....

He is an idea guy. He is always thinking of a better way...a better plan. he thinks OUTSIDE the box. Not all of his ideas will bear fruit, but he DOES think.

I like that in a candidate because it shows that it isn't BUSINESS AS NORMAL. I think Newt is a guy who has been a washington insider for a lot of years, and he actually SEES what needs to change in order for us to progress....to get us OUT of the gridlock we are in now. He KNOWS because he has lived it and been a part of it.

People are always talking in the negative about Newt being a Washinton guy...an insider. But my take is this...Who better to CHANGE the way government runs than a person who knows it from the inside out?

As we see with the one currently making a mess of this country....the LACK of experience has become his achilles heel. As unsavory as it might be, I think we need someone who has been in the system and worked it to get things accomplished.

Of all the candidates, I think Newt fits that bill best. I like most of his ideas...although I also like Ron Paul and the libertarian approach. But if you listen to Newt speak, he favors shrinking the government..lower taxes...balanced budgets...secure borders...and energy production here. That is a far cry from the idiot we currently have in the white house...and in fact, I believe if Newt has any pets they would do a better job than obama.

There are things in Newt's past that he would admittedly change...wrong turns, bad judgements...etc. But who among us can sit here and say that we have never made mistakes? In the process of life, we all make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them. I believe that we constantly evolve as we live our lives, and if we at least possess the ability to learn from our past, we can become a better person for it. I see this in Newt. And I believe that because of what he has lived and experienced...and because of his knowledge of the workings of government....he would make an excellent leader. I believe that he has learned from his mistakes....as most of us do through life.

It comes down to this folks....the guy in the white house has steered this ship too close to the shore...not unlike that clown from Italy did. obama's not a navigator...he's not a captain...he's not a leader. All of that was a boatload of empty promises...talking points..and good speeches. He may have the gift of speech...but it ends there. He reminds me of a rich person who dresses in Admiral's Uniforms...but hasn't even the knowledge to pilot a row boat safely out of harbor...or even around a small pond.

ANY of the candidates from the GOP would be a better choice, and Newt Gingrich is certainly leading that pack for the reasons I stated above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Stuck in NE GA right now
4,585 posts, read 10,850,124 times
Reputation: 6616
I live in GA and had enough of nEWWWWt the first time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 AM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,388 posts, read 8,342,694 times
Reputation: 4070
Smile Go Newt!

All the way to the GOP nomination!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Arizona
555 posts, read 760,573 times
Reputation: 332
Newt will not be the nominee. He can only win a few primaries in Southern states. He will never win a primary in the East, Northeast, West, or Midwest.

He can also not beat Obama because he has too much baggage and is not an attractive man, although his third wife apparently thinks so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
 
1,487 posts, read 2,055,755 times
Reputation: 936
One thing you have to give to Newt...There is no person in the history of the world whose feet are more resilient to self-inflicted bullet wounds than Newt Gingrich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
 
791 posts, read 369,588 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
One thing you have to give to Newt...There is no person in the history of the world whose feet are more resilient to self-inflicted bullet wounds than Newt Gingrich.
Now THAT is FUNNY!! Thanks for the laugh!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
 
Location: PA
5,560 posts, read 4,978,013 times
Reputation: 1945
Newt has lots of ideas and the issue with his ideas are government is still the solution. I case you didnt notice Newt is good a providing more government to solve government. It's the old WE just do it different then the democrats routine.

Newt has conflicting views and ideas but the most important issue is Newt thinks government works as long as it's done "smart" and Newt's way. Which is really I know what is best for you, just let me have the power to make government work smarter and not harder. This is mircomanagement control freak.

1. Government can run climtate change?? According to Newt its fine to work with government solutions for climate change the way he wants it to.
2. Government can run healthcare? As long as we have Newt's plan, more government is just fine.
3. Government can run regulations, as long as we have Newt's plan that promotes oil companies and wall street, and corporation lobbying.
4. Government can run other countries, as long as we have a R next the name we can do it.
5. Government can nation build, See Newts comments on covert opertations and Recent Castro remarks.
6. Government should run social security, we just need better government programs to manage more government programs.
7. We can fire Ben Bernake and just hire another clown to print more money for this failing government solution.


Do you know what government is suppose to do Newt...
Government is suppose to protect the individual's rights, this country and follow the constitution. Since we have ignored that for sometime now this is the government we get.
The sooner you realize Newt is more of the same and would like real change and would ACTUALLY reduce government spending and restore freedom you should vote RON PAUL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
 
141 posts, read 280,341 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
My take on Newt....

He is an idea guy. He is always thinking of a better way...a better plan. he thinks OUTSIDE the box. Not all of his ideas will bear fruit, but he DOES think.

I like that in a candidate because it shows that it isn't BUSINESS AS NORMAL. I think Newt is a guy who has been a washington insider for a lot of years, and he actually SEES what needs to change in order for us to progress....to get us OUT of the gridlock we are in now. He KNOWS because he has lived it and been a part of it.

People are always talking in the negative about Newt being a Washinton guy...an insider. But my take is this...Who better to CHANGE the way government runs than a person who knows it from the inside out?

As we see with the one currently making a mess of this country....the LACK of experience has become his achilles heel. As unsavory as it might be, I think we need someone who has been in the system and worked it to get things accomplished.

Of all the candidates, I think Newt fits that bill best. I like most of his ideas...although I also like Ron Paul and the libertarian approach. But if you listen to Newt speak, he favors shrinking the government..lower taxes...balanced budgets...secure borders...and energy production here. That is a far cry from the idiot we currently have in the white house...and in fact, I believe if Newt has any pets they would do a better job than obama.

There are things in Newt's past that he would admittedly change...wrong turns, bad judgements...etc. But who among us can sit here and say that we have never made mistakes? In the process of life, we all make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them. I believe that we constantly evolve as we live our lives, and if we at least possess the ability to learn from our past, we can become a better person for it. I see this in Newt. And I believe that because of what he has lived and experienced...and because of his knowledge of the workings of government....he would make an excellent leader. I believe that he has learned from his mistakes....as most of us do through life.

It comes down to this folks....the guy in the white house has steered this ship too close to the shore...not unlike that clown from Italy did. obama's not a navigator...he's not a captain...he's not a leader. All of that was a boatload of empty promises...talking points..and good speeches. He may have the gift of speech...but it ends there. He reminds me of a rich person who dresses in Admiral's Uniforms...but hasn't even the knowledge to pilot a row boat safely out of harbor...or even around a small pond.

ANY of the candidates from the GOP would be a better choice, and Newt Gingrich is certainly leading that pack for the reasons I stated above.
Seriously?!?! Newt is corrupt. Why do you support a corrupt politician?

Stop defending him, there are better candidates out there (and they aren't Obama).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,692 posts, read 33,704,884 times
Reputation: 51921
Look at his resume. He's never held a job where he's had to see his big ideas through to implementation and then react to any problems from them and make corrections. He has a big idea and passes it off for someone else to take care of. His ideal job is Presidential advisor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
 
Location: PA
5,560 posts, read 4,978,013 times
Reputation: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Look at his resume. He's never held a job where he's had to see his big ideas through to implementation and then react to any problems from them and make corrections. He has a big idea and passes it off for someone else to take care of. His ideal job is Presidential advisor.
Yeah I wonder if he was advising the democrat party all these years.
:-) Newt's politics are just like the Clintons.

Sleep around and promote government solutions :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top