Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:34 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

as stated before...who cares...no need to be jealous cause they made it and you did not...(they meaning everyone wo is complaing not really directed at you OP.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
It's not about wealth, of course. Americans will vote for people of wealth. Witness JFK and Roosevelt. The rest of us will vote for wealthy people whom we think understand our situation and will work toward making our lives better. People like Romney don't come across that way as well as their opponents do. Maybe he cares, but it doesn't show. He doesn't connect with working people - people who get a paycheck as easily. He is not one of us in any way. And this is why Romney is going to lose come November.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:27 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Don't really care...All of them are "loaded with cash". It will not affect my vote.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Mitt Romney is an honest American patriot from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He pays all the taxes that he is required to pay by law. Not a dollar more. Just like you.

Check to see how long it takes for Romney to "earn" what you earn in an year:

Romney & Me

Disclaimer: These calculations do not factor in undisclosed holdings in accounts located in Grand Cayman or small amounts made in public speaking fees.

Envious, huh?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Mitt Romney is an honest American patriot from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He pays all the taxes that he is required to pay by law. Not a dollar more. Just like you.

Romney & Me

Disclaimer: These calculations do not factor in undisclosed holdings in accounts located in Grand Cayman or small amounts made in public speaking fees.

Good for him, I don't resent successful folks at all.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
It's funny and all but honestly who cares what Mitt makes a year? I certainly don't. This whole meme is all part of the populist "the common man joe sixpack should be deified" thing that America has going on.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:

Romney & Me

I've never had a problem with people being rich. I believe the country needs rich people. We need a tax base of rich people, and we need the rest of us to have examples to aspire to become.

All I ask is that people acknowledge that they didn't just become rich all by themselves. That whole thing about being a rugged individualist and making money on one's own is such malarkey. Most rich people wouldn't be rich if they didn't live in an economy that is so full of ordinary working class consumers.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

Romney & Me

wow cares? If he earned it honestly and was a wise invester, good for him. I wish I had his skills at managing money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections