Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I guess it just goes to show, money CAN still buy elections!! Go Mittens!!!
Well, I think we learned money could buy elections when Barry won in 2008. The most unqualified Presidential candidate in U.S. History, good thing he had all that money. Just like he'll have the most $$$ this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM

82 posts, read 128,296 times
Default GOP primary participation in Florida sinks

I guess people are sick of both Newt and Romney. And so early.

In 2008 1.95 million people participated in FL GOP primaries.
This year 1.7 million people participated in FL GOP primaries.

So much of the newly energized anti-Obama GOP base.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM

753 posts, read 842,861 times
I'm just glad it's over. So tired of the media saturation.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas9 View Post

Lets see how that works out in November....

Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Anyone who swears by CNN and Faux News, well..I reserve my words. I hope one day you climb out of the well you live in and realize that there is a world outside of CNN and Faux News.
The Ron Paul YouTube Channel is a great source for unbiased commentary.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
I'm just glad it's over. So tired of the media saturation.
And just think it's only a fraction of the advertising bombardment we in swing states will have to suffer through once the general elections begins in full.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas9 View Post

Combination of less-than-scintillating candidates combined with the corrosive fatigue from the endless negative adds.

Reality is sinking in for the GOP- they're stuck with that drip Romney. Depression and despair are sure to follow. As badly as they want to beat Obama, I think most conservatives just aren't that excited about the prospect of having a phony for a candidate, let a alone a president.

Willard's going to be an anchor chain wrapped around the feet of all their down-ticket candidates, too. He's the Republican Walter Mondale.

I'm starting to suspect also that, while they would never admit it, many GOP voters realize Obama hasn't done such an awful job after all. A lot of Romney's attacks on Obama just don't resonate at all- that he somehow made the recession worse, that he's an "appeaser", that he's for a weaker military, that the Israelis hate him. Reasonable Republicans hear that and go "WTF?" You can tell even Romney doesn't believe his own crapola.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, I think we learned money could buy elections when Barry won in 2008. The most unqualified Presidential candidate in U.S. History, good thing he had all that money. Just like he'll have the most $$$ this time around.

Exactly, but then of course, money won't be a problem suddenly. It is so hypocritical.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
I gotta say I really enjoyed Ron Paul's speech. Too bad he is so far out there on foreign policy. It sounds good when he talks about his foreign policy generally, but once you learn the details it is truly frightening.

I like Ron Paul and respect him on standing his ground even if I don't agree with all of his policies either. I do have to say he is head and shoulders above Gringrich and Santorum on manners and professionalism. He not only congratulated Mitt Romney but he called him after his win to do so. He always does this, regardless... as does Mitt Romney.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,770,817 times
Quote:
Well, looks like Mitt is pretty much destroying his competition. 37% of precincts have reported and it's:

Romney - 49%
Gingrich - 30%
Santorum - 13%
Paul - 7%

The race should be called promptly for Romney at 8 pm EST. If Romney's margin of victory is actually 20%, that is huge.
Not surprised to see that Romney won Florida since as the media noted whoever can out spend the others in Florida will win the state. If this is true which seems arguable by the states jumping in polls, then the Republican party should make sure Florida is last to vote. The real test appeard to be South Carolina, a state that picked the Republican nominee since 1980, and Gingrich won in double digits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections