Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
Exactly, Ron Paul is gaining momentum so people start threads like this.
Reality Check: Santorum Topped Ron Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You will fail, and so will your politicians and their polices, and we will all laugh at you when you do ...
Yeah, and Ron Paul will get the GOP nomination. Keep it up, don't expect other to go along with your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
We are not all the same. Many of us support Paul because we support his ideas. Candidates are just men, they come and go. Ideas are immortal, and our ideas will live until the end of time. Many people believe our ideas are absurd but you know what Einstein said about ideas.

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is not hope for it."
The issue is not an absurdity of ideas, but the ignoring of the realities. Ideas are better served when they aren't utopian but consider the real world challenges. A great example of one real world challenge is Ron Paul getting GOP nomination. On paper, he sounds like a great fit to "conservative principles" that is part and parcel of advertisements run under republicanism. But has it translated to success in real world? How long before Ron Paul and his supporters recognize the futility that many of us knew months ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Hey now, unlike you...I am not afraid of showing my face. Look in my profile.
So like Einstein's posts, fail.
When you can't handle them... call them as you would like to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
We are not all the same. Many of us support Paul because we support his ideas. Candidates are just men, they come and go.
I can totally respect that, and I agree with some of Ron Paul's idea too albeit usually to a lesser extreme.

However you must concede there is a subset of his supporters who demonstrate an almost cult-like devotion to the man himself, where they can have entire threads trading youtube videos of him set to music etc. or get all giddy about a picture of him from 40 years ago. It is just plain weird.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
Default Someone explain to me how 4th place, 7% showing is not extremely troublesome

How could anyone who does not have blind faith bordering on delusions see this as anything but disastrous?

Ron Paul 116,776 7%

Last edited by Skinny Puppy; 02-01-2012 at 11:21 AM..

Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Yeah, and Ron Paul will get the GOP nomination. Keep it up, don't expect other to go along with your ideas.

I dont expect idiot Americans to do anything but vote their way into inevitable collapse ... I only anticipate your eventual destruction. It is the nature of corruption to destroy itself, and you people are well on your way.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM

325 posts, read 219,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I can totally respect that, and I agree with some of Ron Paul's idea too albeit usually to a lesser extreme.

However you must concede there is a subset of his supporters who demonstrate an almost cult-like devotion to the man himself, where they can have entire threads trading youtube videos of him set to music etc. or get all giddy about a picture of him from 40 years ago. It is just plain weird.
Any weirder that the Mormons who support Romney? As far as the GOP is concerned, Mormonism is a cult.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,308 times
What?? Engrish prease.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
Any weirder that the Mormons who support Romney? As far as the GOP is concerned, Mormonism is a cult.
Or the idiots who made songs just repeating Obama's name in 2008?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:19 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
How could anyone who does not have blind faith bordering on delusions see this as anything but disastrous?
What is this 7% The unemployment rate that Obama will never get down to?

You have to be more specific when you blindly throw out a number

Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I dont expect idiot Americans to do anything but vote their way into inevitable collapse ... I only anticipate your eventual destruction. It is the nature of corruption to destroy itself, and you people are well on your way.
please explain what is going to happen. Specifically what is going to happen in this collapse? Is America going to disband and we'll all end up moving to Canada or Europe?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Or the idiots who made songs just repeating Obama's name in 2008?
Remember Obama's acceptance speech?

"Contrary to popular belief, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections