Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think the fact that it has Oregon red shows that the pollster may need some help.
The blogger of the article works for Heritage and he's using polls that are over a year old. No agenda there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The blogger of the article works for Heritage and he's using polls that are over a year old. No agenda there.
Attack against the message having failed, it's time to shoot the messenger.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So is denial.

Tell that to Gallup.

GALLUP is a conservative organization? Let me guess...you didn't actually look at the source, which will SHOCK you if you do.

I don't know, GALLUP is pretty good with the numbers, right?

Have you?

But..it's NOT from the WE, it's from GALLUP and these numbers have the WH in a panic tonight.

Obama Approval Above 50% in 10 States and D.C. in 2011

Obama, at 50% of above in just ten states.

And....which states are those?

DC, HI, MD, MA, CT, NY, VT, DE, NJ, IL, CA.

Oh.....my.....do we notice anything about those ten states?

What I find interesting in this map;

Obama Approval Above 50% in 10 States and D.C. in 2011

Gallup considers MN, WA "Above average" even those his approval is under 50%.

Well ya, as in my State of California, morons who voted for Brown again, would naturally vote for Obama.

People have awoken, this time will not be as easy as some claim.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Gallup polls from 2009 show Obama having high approval ratings. I guess Obama is going to win in a landslide.
Don't count your chickens ever before they hatch. People this time around, are not STUPID.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Attack against the message having failed, it's time to shoot the messenger.
My first post took apart his methods for arriving to his bs conclusion. You have stated that you don't believe Jan. 11 polls are one year old polls, fine, that's your decision, but don't think I'm falling for your strawman attempts. The blogger is a hack who used polls from a year ago to determine an election that will take place in 9 months. What a joke.

Last edited by Skinny Puppy; 02-01-2012 at 06:19 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't count your chickens ever before they hatch. People this time around, are not STUPID.
I have no idea who will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Obama loses, but my conclusions are not based on 1 year old polls.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
My first post took apart his methods for arriving to his bs conclusion. You have stated that you don't believe Jan. 11 polls are one year old polls, fine, that's your decision, but don't think I'm falling for your strawman attempts. The guy is a hack who used polls from a year ago to determine an election that will take place in 9 months. What a joke.
Seriously? You're going to persist with misconstruing what I said? I supposed I should not be surprised at that coming from the left-wing. I figured it was just a lame attempt at humor on your part, but it now sounds like you have convinced yourself of your own hallucination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
Actually this data is not "from a year ago." It is from Jan 2011 to Dec 2011, so some of it is a year ago, and some a month ago.

Last edited by wutitiz; 02-01-2012 at 06:25 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Except your premise is entirely wrong. That map is not a generic Republican against Obama. It is not any Republican against Obama. In fact it is based on a complation of polls where no one ever asked "would you vote for Obama, or genaric Republican/Insert R candidate." That is why I call it epic fail journalism.

This basically takes Obama's old approval numbers and assumes everyone who disapproves of Obama will vote Republican and everyone who approves of Obama will vote D. This is a ridiculous premise since there are people who disapprove of Obama because they think he is too conservative, but will vote for him anyway, there are people who disapprove of Obama, but are libertarians and will vote libertarian, there are people who disapprove of Obama, but think all candidates are worthless and will not vote. Then there are people who approve of Obama, but will not vote for him.

That is why you have to be deluded to look at what those polls are saying and put them in a D vs R match up.
Point taken. If I remember correctly, George W won reelection with an approval rating well under 50%. I don't have numbers for any other election, but I'm sure there's lots of that throughout history and lots of presidents with high approval ratings that lost anyways.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
One problem: the election is nine months off and the GOP hasn't nominated Romney (the supposed winner) yet.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Point taken. If I remember correctly, George W won reelection with an approval rating well under 50%. I don't have numbers for any other election, but I'm sure there's lots of that throughout history and lots of presidents with high approval ratings that lost anyways.
He won re-election with a 48% approval rate. There is a big difference between 48% and 43%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections