Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,216,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I drool at the thought of Obama up against a candidate who is anti-contraception; is against abortion, even when when raped and sex - only if you are married.
Do you support the murder of unborn children? If so, that's quite pathetic. That you'd scorn someone for being pro-LIFE speaks to a debased way of thinking.

I don't agree with Santorum's foreign policy views, but who could be against pro-Life positions? Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Exactly what is Conservative about Santorum? The guy is a neo-con religious nut who would love to start WWIII with other religious nuts. The only thing conservative about this guy is the estimates of how much tax money he'll be throwing at the British/Israeli war machine. This guy is the epitome of what's wrong with the GOP today and it's people like him who got the Obama clown elected in the first place.
What makes Santorum a "nut" religiously?

I disagree with Santorum's foreign policy views, but why would you attack the man for being unashamedly Christian?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What makes R. Paul unsuitable is his 18th century simplistic, "everything was better before the government got involved," view of the world; the gold standard is great; we didn't need civil rights legislation, etc.
You support fiat money that is inflationary?

You support the government telling private businesses how to run their business?

You're for greater government involvement?

Ron Paul is true to the Constitution, what is supposed to be the law of the land. Have some respect, would you.

Last edited by Stars&StripesForever; 02-08-2012 at 05:26 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Conservatism for the GOP has now morphed into religious fundamentalism.

I dont know why they want to fight with Iran, they would fit right in there.
What is fundamentalist about being a war hawk? I don't see any connection.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Just the title alone is humorous. Romney is the frontrunner, I think Republicans are smart enough to figure out the magnitude of the Obama landslide were Santorum the nominee. Obama would be winning states like Texas, Georgia and Tennessee. I can only hope the Republican party has reached that tipping point of stupid but I doubt it.
Obama would win neither. You don't realize how socially conservative these states are.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Wow, Nixon, Goldwater and Reagan would be considered liberal by today's Republican standards. Seems that the christian extremists are takinig over the party.
What do you have against Christians?

Who would be these "Christian extremists"?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Translation: Neocon.

Unfortunately those of us who want a Constitutional Conservative are pretty much without a party. Not quite liberitarian, not evangelical though people of faith, and for Constitutionally small federal government.
It sounds like the Constitution Party.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadZeppelyn View Post
Crazy as it may seem, Ron Paul fits your description pretty well as a Fiscal Conservative/Social Liberal. His foreign policy fits into some category and I think we're all trying to figuire out what that is.
Ron Paul is not a social liberal. His votes relate to his beliefs that the federal government doesn't have a right to get involved in some affairs, as they relate to the Constitution. The states and local governments are to take up those issues.

Many perceive his constitutional stance as an indication that he is liberal. It's simply a misunderstanding of where he is coming from, considering that today's politicians are so far removed from the founding document that they claim to uphold.

Last edited by Stars&StripesForever; 02-08-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
When you believe the Laws of the land should be based on Biblical Principles then yes, you are a radical. Believing is one thing, forcing your beliefs on others from the Whitehouse is a different matter entirely; Americans would never tolerate such a leader. No matter, The Dems would LOVE Santorum to get the GOP Nomination, it would prove how totally out of touch and irrelevant the GOP has become an Obama would win re-election by a Landslide
What do you think our system of government's laws are influenced by? Shintoism?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know it just amazes me that there is anyone that wants to see a Democrat victory in November!

You are either very naive, or you want the destruction of America. Which is it? Those are the only two choices.

There is about 40% or less (depending on which poll you look at) of ignorant Americans that still support Obama and the Democrats.

Oh, wait... I just figured it out; they are either teachers, or work for the government. Really the same thing, either way. They both live off the rest of us.
What do you have against teachers who put in long days and work feverishly to educate children? Without them, where do you think this country would be?

It'd be nice if education could be completely a private sector thing, but you ought to know that many people would be unable to pay for the tuition.

I'm all for the abolishment of the U.S. department of education. The states and local governments pay most of the educational costs anyhow. That's completely constitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections