U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:10 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,114,433 times

Advertisements

"There are two things that I like about Rick Santorum.

The first thing is that Ricky makes no attempt to hide the fact that he loves the idea of “playing war” and being a big, tough, wartime President.

Rick was clear on this stance on New Year’s day, saying that if a sovereign country did not meet his demands he would escalate and use deadly force:

(01/01/2012)“I would be saying to the Iranis, you either open up those facilities, you begin to dismantle them and make them available to inspectors, or we will degrade those facilities through air strikes.”

Anyone who has followed any of the GOP race already knows that Rick Santorum is a war-mongering chicken-hawk who has never served in his nation’s military.

Maybe that is why he takes the potential responsibility of sending those who do the actual fighting, and the dying, so lightly.

The second thing I like about Rick Santorum is, when recently asked if he would vote for Ron Paul if Paul was the eventual Republican nominee, Rick’s answer was “absolutely,” but added that it would make him “nervous”.

Well thank you for the future support, Mr.Santorum. And feel free to get nervous as long as you remember to show up and cast your ballot for Dr. Paul on election day."

What I Like About Rick Santorum | Combat Veterans for Ron Paul 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM

71,957 posts, read 83,612,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post

The first thing is that Ricky makes no attempt to hide the fact that he loves the idea of “playing war” and being a big, tough, wartime President.

Rick was clear on this stance on New Year’s day, saying that if a sovereign country did not meet his demands he would escalate and use deadly force:

(01/01/2012)“I would be saying to the Iranis, you either open up those facilities, you begin to dismantle them and make them available to inspectors, or we will degrade those facilities through air strikes.”

Anyone who has followed any of the GOP race already knows that Rick Santorum is a war-mongering chicken-hawk who has never served in his nation’s military.

Maybe that is why he takes the potential responsibility of sending those who do the actual fighting, and the dying, so lightly.

The second thing I like about Rick Santorum is, when recently asked if he would vote for Ron Paul if Paul was the eventual Republican nominee, Rick’s answer was “absolutely,” but added that it would make him “nervous”.

Well thank you for the future support, Mr.Santorum. And feel free to get nervous as long as you remember to show up and cast your ballot for Dr. Paul on election day."

good for him, most true Republicans will support the candidate that is our everntual choice, unlike Paul supporters who have said it is Paul or no one.r

Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,257,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
good for him, most true Republicans will support the candidate that is our everntual choice, unlike Paul supporters who have said it is Paul or no one.r
No Nita. No way I'd support Paul. We'd prob be better off leaving BO in.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,637,121 times
I like the rest of his family in Italy. They seem like good people.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,848,812 times
Quote:

That is exactly why he or anyone else with that type of
attitude shouldn't be president.
I am so sick and tired of these Presidents thinking
they can continue Presidential Wars right under
our noses and at the people's expense.

A declaration of war by Congress, or
**** off.

Rick/Dick what ever one wants to call him is
a mental midget of the worst kind.

Any future wars in this country, there better well
be a War Tax - no more borrowing from Peter to
Pay Paul.

“Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare" - James Madison

Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,862,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I like the rest of his family in Italy. They seem like good people.

What kind of comment was that???

Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,339,414 times
Lightbulb What I Like About Rick Santorum

Quote:

Santorum is another guy w/o a single day in uniform, just itching to start another senseless middle east war.

I like his title: CHICKENHAWK

Don't ask, don't tell

Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

12,267 posts, read 9,443,017 times
Santorum is a wimp and will have his clock cleaned by the Obama machine if the nitwits in the GOP nominate him.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 PM

1,333 posts, read 846,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Santorum is a wimp and will have his clock cleaned by the Obama machine if the nitwits in the GOP nominate him.
According to you lefty obamaites, ANY of the GOP candidates will get their 'clock cleaned' by obama.

Just so you realize...backing total failure says more about YOU than you realize.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 PM

6,480 posts, read 6,199,068 times
I guess John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were/are chickenhawks too, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections