Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
When Bush senior was prez, he put in liberal judges (Souter). The Republicans have been no different than the democrats. They overspend, they don't balance the budget (and Dems, don't give me that Clinton crap about balancing the budge because it was all on paper and would not have had the budget balanced - if adhered to - until 20 years down the road), and they get us into stupid and useless wars (again, just like Democrats). There is no difference that is concrete between the two main stream parties. When one party wins - they do the same things.
Again.....Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, John Roberts and Samuel Alito, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul all indicated they would nominate. Sonia Sotomayer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan, is what you will get with Obama. Lifetime appointments. Tell me you are really not that ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The part of your post that I emboldened, shows the ignorance or denial that is prevalent in the Paulinista camp. Too bad , you just take your self out of any serious discussion.

LOL ... Silly Silas, personal irresponsibility is for fools and kids, not intelligent adults.

The serious discussion is not yours to define .. Ill tell you what i believe the serious discussion is - it is that the status quo and the same ol' failed government policies are going to continue to fail, and people will continue to wake up in the droves. We will not compromise because we clearly see through the smoke and mirrors, and nothing you can say will change that.

Sure there are many who prefer Paul to the others who do not recognize that the others are the same as Obama, and that having any of them change places with Obama would be an exercise in futility if not for the fact that Obama simply deserves to lose the office.

As far as Santorum is concerned, that guy is disturbed, i wouldn't vote for him over any of the others, and people who vote for him have issues they need to deal with, IMHO.

None of the others will end the wars, none of the others will really cut spending, none of the others will end the drug war, none of the others will hold the Feds feet to the fire, none of the others will repeal Patriot Act or NDAA provisions that allow for the arrest and imprisonment of American citizens without charge or trial, none of the others will do the things that really need to be done ...

What Paul can do is go after what matters in this race, and that is delegates, and he will have a large voice at the convention you can bet on that. We will see what comes out of it all, but another thing you can bet on is that the change which Paul, and ONLY Paul, is representing - is coming ... one way or another.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-13-2012 at 02:23 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
The part of your post that I emboldened, shows the ignorance or denial that is prevalent in the Paulinista camp. Too bad , you just take your self out of any serious discussion.

You are right it is a stupid premise..Ron Paul is never ever ever going to be President of these United States. My response was to your clueless remark-(I don't see why Paul needs any of these idiots back in Congress to get things done. There are plenty of others he can work with. What's special about these people?)
Not sure how old you are , but obviously, you are not one that deals in logic or reason. good luck.
When you start a thread and then attack it as a false premise and personally attack other posters for actually responding to your OP, you have met the TOS definition of trolling.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:19 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Again.....Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, John Roberts and Samuel Alito, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul all indicated they would nominate. Sonia Sotomayer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan, is what you will get with Obama. Lifetime appointments. Tell me you are really not that ignorant.
Please tell me you aren't in that you believe anything that comes out of the mouth of Gingrich or Romney? Santorum, I will give the benefit of the doubt as I don't know his past too much (in regards to being his own man) and Paul will not compromise and is true to his word. Gingie and Romney flip-flop and you will get nothing more than what we have gotten from the Dems and Republicans for the past 20 years (which is absolute crap).

Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When you start a thread and then attack it as a false premise and personally attack other posters for actually responding to your OP, you have met the TOS definition of trolling.
Nonsense, It was a clear illustration, a hypothetical , the poster either did not comprehend that or was deliberately bieng disingenuis. I did not attack any one, the word ignorance applies to us all. Dont try create a problem where there isnt one.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ... Silly Silas, personal irresponsibility is for fools and kids, not intelligent adults.

The serious discussion is not yours to define .. Ill tell you what i believe the serious discussion is - it is that the status quo and the same ol' failed government policies are going to continue to fail, and people will continue to wake up in the droves. We will not compromise because we clearly see through the smoke and mirrors, and nothing you can say will change that.

Sure there are many who prefer Paul to the others who do not recognize that the others are the same as Obama, and that having any of them change places with Obama would be an exercise in futility if not for the fact that Obama simply deserves to lose the office.

As far as Santorum is concerned, that guy is disturbed, i wouldn't vote for him over any of the others, and people who vote for him have issues they need to deal with, IMHO.

None of the others will end the wars, none of the others will really cut spending, none of the others will end the drug war, none of the others will hold the Feds feet to the fire, none of the others will repeal Patriot Act or NDAA provisions that allow for the arrest and imprisonment of American citizens without charge or trial, none of the others will do the things that really need to be done ...

What Paul can do is go after what matters in this race, and that is delegates, and he will have a large voice at the convention you can bet on that. We will see what comes out of it all, but another thing you can bet on is that the change which Paul, and ONLY Paul, is representing - is coming ... one way or another.
Well, I do admire your idealism, unfortunately realism usually rules the day. Again, if by some miracle Paul ever made it into the Whitehouse, he would immediatly be smacked up long side the head by the reality that he would not get half of that that you mentioned above accomplished. Depending on the numbers in congress of course,the reality is If Paul were President he would be able to gut our Military with willing Democrats but that would be the extent of the help he would get from them. You guys seem to forget that a large share of Pauls support is not even Republican...doesnt equate to a "large voice at the convention".

Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Well, I do admire your idealism, unfortunately realism usually rules the day. Again, if by some miracle Paul ever made it into the Whitehouse, he would immediatly be smacked up long side the head by the reality that he would not get half of that that you mentioned above accomplished. Depending on the numbers in congress of course,the reality is If Paul were President he would be able to gut our Military with willing Democrats but that would be the extent of the help he would get from them. You guys seem to forget that a large share of Pauls support is not even Republican...doesnt equate to a "large voice at the convention".

I don't think you appreciate reality to begin with, and that regardless of whether or Not Ron Paul wins, things are going to change, its just a matter of natural fact, the course of nature. It has happened and will happen again, and there is nothing anyone can do that will stop it from happening.

Ron Paul, and his campaign is setting up a network of like minded people who are organizing politically to capture delegates, who are being trained by the campaign for that purpose. Whatever happens this election, the next election will be even more obviously in our favor, as will the political climate if things don't completely fall apart before then. Ron Paul winning the Presidency would make things much easier in the coming collapse, and people would have to listen to him then.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Nonsense, It was a clear illustration, a hypothetical , the poster either did not comprehend that or was deliberately bieng disingenuis. I did not attack any one, the word ignorance applies to us all. Dont try create a problem where there isnt one.
Examples:
Quote:
Quote:
WOW!....it really may be hopeless. Your post indicates a severe ignorance of how the political process actually works. None of these guys are going to go back to congress and Paul is not going to be President. Lets try this, do you think Obama would make the government bigger or smaller in 4 years, would Paul or Santorum make the government bigger or smaller, hows about supreme court judges? please.....
Quote:

You are right it is a stupid premise..Ron Paul is never ever ever going to be President of these United States. My response was to your clueless remark-(I don't see why Paul needs any of these idiots back in Congress to get things done. There are plenty of others he can work with. What's special about these people?)
Not sure how old you are , but obviously, you are not one that deals in logic or reason. good luck.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I don't think you appreciate reality to begin with, and that regardless of whether or Not Ron Paul wins, things are going to change, its just a matter of natural fact, the course of nature. It has happened and will happen again, and there is nothing anyone can do that will stop it from happening.

Ron Paul, and his campaign is setting up a network of like minded people who are organizing politically as delegates, who are being trained by the campaign for that purpose. Whatever happens this election, the next election will be even more obviously in our favor, as will the political climate if things don't completely fall apart before then. Ron Paul winning the Presidency would make things much easier in the coming collapse, and people would have to listen to him then.
Here is the problem with your theory, Winning elections is about building consensus, Ronpaul is not building a consensus, he is riding a wave created by a disparate band of people that are "against the status quo", who are betting on the coming of the apocalypse to give him a victory. That is very different from organizing like minded people.Paul is a republican , yet much of his support hates the republican party, you have anarchists , meaningful Libertarians , anti war, zealots, lots of one issue voters that have nothing incommon with the Republican part platform. I keep going back to the simple point that, Paul supporters have so much hate and discontent for people such as myself who are actually much more aligned with Ron Pauls ideals than the opposition . It is schizophrenic, it cant work.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
Quote:
You seem to underestimate his determination and will. Even if he only accomplished 10%(I would be estatic if he accomplished 50%), that would be 10% than the rest of the rabble would accomplish. On the contrary, they would cause more damage and continue to shred the Constitution.

The more important aspect of a Paul Presidency would be him being heard. Over time the people will see he is creating change for the good, and the people might actually elect representitives that will continue the positive momentum. This would prepare the US for 2016 and might begin a new era and get us out of this mess.

None of us are naive enough to expect he will accomplish 100% of what he hopes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections