Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,215,840 times

Advertisements

Independents are crucial in election and it looks like their support is going behind Barack Obama.

"After trailing Romney for months among independent voters in a hypothetical matchup, the president is back on top -- 51% to 42% in a new Pew Research Center Poll."

Independent voters are rejecting Romney - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,385,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Independents are crucial in election and it looks like their support is going behind Barack Obama.

"After trailing Romney for months among independent voters in a hypothetical matchup, the president is back on top -- 51% to 42% in a new Pew Research Center Poll."

Independent voters are rejecting Romney - CNN.com
Independents are reacting to the same features of Romney's personality that are turning off his base: his untrustworthiness, and inauthenticity. As Santorum says, Romney is like a well-oiled weather vane when it comes to his positions on the issues.

And here is the real problem for the GOP- once the real scrutiny begins, Santorum will fare no better with independents than Romney (although for different reasons).

The GOP is screwed for 2012.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
Romney's support by Independents will come back up if he is finally the nominee. Independents are probably reacting to the mess the Republican Party is in more so than to Romney himself. They have lost some confidence in all of the candidates for nominee. The media on both left and right are marginalizing Romney daily, that takes a toll after a while. Someone like Santorum or even Gingrich will not do well at all with Independents.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,586,106 times
They don't reject Ron Paul, and they are the key to beating Obama.

Morals, ethics and integrity, go a long way in making sure they pull all the tricks, so you are silenced.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,027,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Romney's support by Independents will come back up if he is finally the nominee. Independents are probably reacting to the mess the Republican Party is in more so than to Romney himself. They have lost some confidence in all of the candidates for nominee. The media on both left and right are marginalizing Romney daily, that takes a toll after a while. Someone like Santorum or even Gingrich will not do well at all with Independents.
I agree, Romney is the only one that even has a chance of getting enough of the Independent voters in the Fall. Paul would get a lot of those too, of course.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,125 times
I have been an independent for years and there is NO Way that I would EVER vote for
Romney. He consistently waffles on ALL of the issues and seems to say anything to get
elected! I'm not a huge President Obama fan but at least he's consistant. All of the candidates are going to run up debt who are they kidding? At least as a middle class white man I might have a chance with Obama. If they would stop fighting the man mayby he could get something done! Anyway it goes, I don't want a say or do candidate Romney in the white house!

Old 05-29-2012, 10:41 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,947,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald801 View Post
I have been an independent for years and there is NO Way that I would EVER vote for
Romney. He consistently waffles on ALL of the issues and seems to say anything to get
elected! I'm not a huge President Obama fan but at least he's consistant. All of the candidates are going to run up debt who are they kidding? At least as a middle class white man I might have a chance with Obama. If they would stop fighting the man mayby he could get something done! Anyway it goes, I don't want a say or do candidate Romney in the white house!
Obama is consistent? LMAO!
  • Guantanamo Bay
  • The Bush Tax Cuts
  • Gay Marriage
  • Transparency in Government
  • Bipartisanship
  • Offshore drilling
Just to name a FEW issues on which Oblama has flip-flopped. Please spare us the "I'm independent!" B.S. Thanks.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
I have absolutely no intention of voting for Romney or Obama. Obama has been an unmitigated disaster for the nation, and Romney will not be any better, but for different reasons.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald801 View Post
Independent my a**. Just another obamabot trolling on a Tuesday morning.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Independent my a**. Just another obamabot trolling on a Tuesday morning.
Yes, because it's always trolling if someone is supportive of the other side...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections