Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Did Ron Paul Win Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri? - YouTube

Yes, Ron Paul won Maine....
Iowa
New Hampshire
Wisconsin
Colorado
Nevada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP

Good article. More insight into the Maine election fraud.

My advice to all Paul supporters is, get politically active in the GOP. This is how we take over the party! Several of us have already infiltrated. Join us! Let's kick the neocon bums out and take the party back to its roots!
Ron Paul is not taking over the GOP; he's secretly taking over an activist faction that would otherwise vote Republican and ensuring that Obama wins another term. It's actually kinda cool to watch.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Did Ron Paul Win Iowa, Nevada, Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri? - YouTube

Yes, Ron Paul won Maine....
Iowa
New Hampshire
Wisconsin
Colorado
Nevada
LOL
I am voting for him here in Ga
for super tuesday!!
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Ron Paul is not taking over the GOP; he's secretly taking over an activist faction that would otherwise vote Republican and ensuring that Obama wins another term. It's actually kinda cool to watch.
You do realize these people are voting Republican, correct?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I understand. But there is effective yelling, and yelling that shoots your guy in the foot.

I'm no word master, but I learned a little from some folks who are. I try to always read what I've written before posting it to make sure my meaning doesn't get turned around. Read twice, post once. It's like cutting a 2 x4.

The Paul supporters here have a big presence. I see this thread as just yelling at the choir; one Paulista hollers "Hell Yes?" and the rest holler "Hell, Yes!"
This does nothing to sway an undecided mind. It makes the Paulistas feel better, but I don't think they need any more firing up.

I'm sure not painting with a big brush here- I've read and seen a lot of very well written and thoughtful posts on Paul, his positions and his policies. I know much more about him now than I did last year, for sure. And I appreciate the knowledge I was offered.

But I'm not insane, and if Paul is indeed secretly taking over the GOP, which sounds more conspiratorial than rational to me, this isn't going to drive me to insanity. I doubt anyone who's committed to any of the others in this race will become crazy at the thought, either. And political secret conspiracies taking over are not a pleasant thoughts for any American.

All this stuff does is pi$$ off the non-believers. What's the good for Paul to come out of that?
Calling someone who doesn't agree with you stupid, crazy, retarded, blind, sheeple, or any of the other deregatory names does not create a feeling of warmth or curiosity for Paul.
It does not build more interest in voting for him. All it does is tar him, and all his smart and thoughtful followers who honestly and deeply believe in him.

Getting attention for Paul is what you all really want more than any single thing I read here.

Try to accomplish it with a topic title like this is like watching a kid having a screaming tantrum in a grocery store. He's screaming at the top of his lungs, throwing stuff all over the floor, throwing himself down and kicking his heels.

Everybody looks at the kid, but damned if anyone wants to take him home.

What is the object of your support? Do you want Ron Paul to become President of the United States, or do you want to be a thorn in the side of the Republican Party?

It seems to me that if the first is accomplished, the second is accomplished.
If the first fails, so does the second. And afterward, there will be just more throwing of cobble rocks at each other.
I will give you kudos for a thoughtful post, but it does roll both ways. Until the day the anti-Ron Paul crowd stops calling RP an old crazy coot and about 10 other words and phrases meaning crazy, it is all fair in love and war.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
WHEN I READ THIS, I THOUGHT OF THE OLD JACK IN THE BOX
JUST WHEN WE THOUGHT WE WERE SAFE FROM RON PAUL
OUT HE POPS!
Good grief, people
I sware I thought Obama's hirelings were looney toons, and they ARE!!
but you guys have been smoking too much dope!
GET IT RON PAUL DOES NOT HAVE A BATS CHANCE IN HELL
This is a perfect example of a typical Anti-Ron Paul attempted bash. Waste of forum space.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default What's insane is the belief that Paul is still in it

What's INSANE are the people who think Ron Paul is relevant. For the love of Mary, this man's goose is cooked. My God, get a clue.

Paul looks pooped, pounded, and perpetually pathetic.

At the Convention, it will be made official. Then he can go back and pretend to play war games fighting yet another losing effort as a Confederate.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
I will give you kudos for a thoughtful post, but it does roll both ways. Until the day the anti-Ron Paul crowd stops calling RP an old crazy coot and about 10 other words and phrases meaning crazy, it is all fair in love and war.
Sure. The back and forth name calling is so much a part of today's politics that it's inevitable that most threads will devolve into just more of the same crap. Thanks for the kudos.

I gotta say than Paul is old. But he's no coot, and he's not crazy at all. I can only hope that I'm as sharp as he is when I get to his age. (in 10 years)

I learned a long time ago that, on the internet, the last word doesn't count for squat. Everything on the net lasts about a second and a half, then moves on.

I was all in early and big time for Obama in '08, and at first, I was very gung-ho in everything I wrote about him. I soon learned that by toning things down and sticking to the facts I knew and could link, I eventually got into discussions that were more thoughtful with some of those who responded to my posts.

Of course, there were very many others who just blasted my guy, but I finally figured out they were a waste of time to argue with- they weren't going to change my mind, and I wasn't going to change theirs. The best I could do was try to engage anyone who was honestly on the fence in the most honest way I could, using politeness and civility.

Who knows if I changed anyone's mind at all? I tend to doubt I did, but at least I came away feeling like I had been constructive on his behalf, and feeling good about it.

I actually favor Paul the most of the current bunch. I think a lot of Paulistas know that, too. Most of all, I think that an Obama-Paul race would really re-define the Republican Party, one way or the other. That in itself is worthy of support, and Paul's guys are the most cohesive bunch in this race. I want to see them do just as good as they possibly can.

I don't see the Democrats and Republicans being the same thing with different names at all, but I can understand who so many do. I believe that feeling comes from the divisions within the Republican party, and I admire the Paulistas for everything they've done to cut Paul out of those divisions.

Like any bunch, some of you folks are better at presenting Paul than others, and some of you can express yourselves better to others. I think most of us take everything we read on forums like this with a grain of salt... it's very easy to become all overblown on the net, and most folks are more reserved face to face. I try to say things here that I would say just the same if you and I were having coffee together. It's the best way to talk things over and put out your guy to others.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Sure. The back and forth name calling is so much a part of today's politics that it's inevitable that most threads will devolve into just more of the same crap. Thanks for the kudos.

I gotta say that Paul is old. But he's no coot, and he's not crazy at all. I can only hope that I'm as sharp as he is when I get to his age. (in 10 years)

I learned a long time ago that, on the internet, the last word doesn't count for squat. Everything on the net lasts about a second and a half, then moves on.

I was all in early and big time for Obama in '08, and at first, I was very gung-ho in everything I wrote about him. I soon learned that by toning things down and sticking to the facts I knew and could link, I eventually got into discussions that were more thoughtful with some of those who responded to my posts.

Of course, there were very many others who just blasted my guy, but I finally figured out they were a waste of time to argue with- they weren't going to change my mind, and I wasn't going to change theirs. The best I could do was try to engage anyone who was honestly on the fence in the most honest way I could, using politeness and civility.

Who knows if I changed anyone's mind at all? I tend to doubt I did, but at least I came away feeling like I had been constructive on his behalf, and feeling good about it.

I actually favor Paul the most of the current bunch. I think a lot of Paulistas know that, too. Most of all, I think that an Obama-Paul race would really re-define the Republican Party, one way or the other. That in itself is worthy of support, and Paul's guys are the most cohesive bunch in this race. I want to see them do just as good as they possibly can.

I don't see the Democrats and Republicans being the same thing with different names at all, but I can understand who so many do. I believe that feeling comes from the divisions within the Republican party, and I admire the Paulistas for everything they've done to cut Paul out of those divisions.

Like any bunch, some of you folks are better at presenting Paul than others, and some of you can express yourselves better to others. I think most of us take everything we read on forums like this with a grain of salt... it's very easy to become all overblown on the net, and most folks are more reserved face to face. I try to say things here that I would say just the same if you and I were having coffee together. It's the best way to talk things over and put out your guy to others.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Road to Surfdom.

Nice educational, read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections