Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul "I Have A Question For The President... Do You Hate ALL Rich People?" - YouTube

This is probably the best speech that i have heard Rand give ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-17-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Rand Paul "I Have A Question For The President... Do You Hate ALL Rich People?" - YouTube

I could not care less. Both Paul's are weird and dangerous to America.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

865 posts, read 675,982 times
Great speech. Rand is slowly getting better. Keep posting stuff like this

Old 02-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Great speech. Rand is slowly getting better. Keep posting stuff like this

Yeah, i was impressed by his retention ... Though he still sounds a little rehearsed. His father speaks from his amassed knowledge and experience and can speak without having to rehearse before hand, but he just gets ahead of himself sometimes ... especially in the debates when he is trying to cram in as much information as possible into the little time that they give him.

Ron does much better when he has ample time to speak and he can pace himself, while Rand just needs to have more time to explore his ideas and to become more associated with the rhetoric, and when his head knowledge starts becoming more heart knowledge, then he will be able to speak unrehearsed and with passion like his father did early on. He has the same spark that his father had when he was younger ... but i don't think he is yet as convinced of all the material as his father certainly is, and while he obviously trusts his fathers wisdom on many things, evidently he does not agree with his father on all things. It will just take time and experience ...

One thing is for sure, he is showing some back bone, and is not afraid to go after Obama ... But he is also showing signs of neocon influence that his father does not demonstrate, such as his criticism of his fathers own political position which is to close Gitmo and try "terrorism" suspects in the courts.

I have been doing some research and this stuff bothers me ...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plu...cons_ring.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...-neocon-stooge

www.humblelibertarian.com/2009/11/rand-paul-on-guantanamo-bay (http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2009/11/rand-paul-on-guantanamo-bay - broken link).

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 02-17-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:

I like Rand a lot. I do believe that he has a much brighter future than his father in politics. I dont know for a fact but I think he doesnt share some of his fathers whacked ideas when it comes to national defense and protecting this country. He is a great asset in the senate. We could use a lot more like him.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I like Rand a lot. I do believe that he has a much brighter future than his father in politics. I dont know for a fact but I think he doesnt share some of his fathers whacked ideas when it comes to national defense and protecting this country. He is a great asset in the senate. We could use a lot more like him.

As i posted above, he does disagree with his father on how to handle "foreign terrorist suspects". However, as far as i know he does not disagree with his father on preemptive wars without any declaration of war or vote from the congress.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Speech by Rand Paul in support of his fathers campaign for GOP nomination ... Excellent! .
I didn't bother to watch the video. Did he acknowledge that his father will never win the nomination?

Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 AM

180 posts, read 211,227 times
I respect Ron Paul. However, Rand Paul is just another far right wing politician. A slightly more crazy Santorum.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
No teleprompter needed!

Beats the establishment every time, without much effort.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't bother to watch the video. Did he acknowledge that his father will never win the nomination?

Ignorance is bliss!
Hehehehe!

At least I know where my enemy stands. I won't be caught off guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections