U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,171,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
This is a funny thread...I want my laughs I come here and count the sheeple voting for the moron in chief.
So I guess that you will vote for the swivelchair candidate who changes to any direction that pushes him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Is the OP being sarcastic? I thought I had seen the epitome of stupid with all those people claiming that "Obama gonna pay my mortgage/student loan/car payment!" and elevating him to God-like status after his election in 2008.

I truly can't believe that anyone thinks we are better off today than we were 4 years ago .... Obeyme hasent done a damn thing except blame Bush and the Republicans.
Uh give credit OOPs I meant blame were it belongs. I won't blame bush as much as the dumbazz republicans that let those childish azz teabaggers run the show.

Please explain why it takes so long for anything to come out of the do-nothing congress full of teabaggers?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Care to explain this?

$15 Trillion debt - obama added $5 Trillion all by himself, in 3 1/2 years.

$1.3+ Trillion Deficits for the last 4 years.

$1.80/ gal of gas to $3.50+++/gal gas...in 3 1/2 years.

UE of ***8.3%*** (but ONLY because the BLS lopped off MILLIONS of workers, 1.2 million for January alone).

Obamacare - the MOTHER of all disasters.

Oh, GM - which owes the taxpayers $25 BILLION. The company was given to the union, the original investors/creditors were screwed by obama.

I could go on and on and on and on.
So can I:
President Obamas Accomplishments | 3CHICSPOLITICO

Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Clearly you have not read many of my posts. No matter....I have challenged people like you (in fact even YOU) to debate what obama has done...to list his accomplishments that make people like you rabidly support him. I rarely get an answer, and when I do, it is never one based in anything other than left wing talking points and media quotes.

So listen hotshot...why don't YOU go to some websites and learn a little something. There aren't any sites that teach common sense....so there is no help for you there...but maybe you can learn that the president that you support has done nothing but increase the debt by 7 trillion since he has been in office. And every year he asks for an increase in the debt ceiling. Just how long do you think that sort of management can go on until this house of cards collapses??

Bring it on if you have points to debate. I welcome the challenge.
So why is it such a big deal that he raised the debt ceiling in the first place when previous presidents have done it without a whimper?
5 Presidents Who Raised the Debt Ceiling - U.S. Government

Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,626,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
After Obama saved us from the Bush Depression of 2007-2009, I don't know how anyone can even entertain voting for anyone else in November.

obama did take care of the bush recession by giving the USA the obama depression instead.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM

749 posts, read 694,216 times
Only a complete jacka$$ would hire this guy for 4 more years.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

749 posts, read 694,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ah yes, the Politico...

Isn't Karl Marx Editor in Chief over there?

Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes the Bush Depression...

Shame on Bush for the Housing Market Crisis that started during Clinton's term with Dodd-Frank.

Shame on Bush for not quickly cleaning up the Dot-Com stock bubble that he inherited.

Shame on Bush for Clinton repealing Glass-Stegall in November of 1999.
Shame on bush for financing two wars on IOUs and not taking into account the veterans who will getting disability for the rest of their lives and limited VA healthcare

Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
No, what us people get sick of is the post and runs like what you just did. I'm an adult. I make up my mind based on thought and not emotion. When I speak, I explain what I mean and use data and reasoning to show my thoughts. Again, it's thoughts, not feelings. I'm also intelligent, did well in school and took the time and expense to go to college. Typically, I know what I'm talking about. Most often, when people come on here and spout a one line attack on the President, they can't explain anything they say and they're basically being immature and emotional.

Feel free to quantify how his actions are 'destroying our country'. You do know that the President has little control over spending, right? You do know that the bulk of the deficit is just he result of the stimulus. Have you looked at the gross receipts? Looking at spending trends that don't including stimulus?

Feel free to grow a set and outline how you would have done things differently since you know so much and everything. I'm not talking about crying and screaming about how Obama is bad, I'm talking about typing something intelligent and well thought that that actually makes sense and that you can justify.
All that many of the people on this forum has proven is that if you tell a lie long enough and hard enough some people will believe that it is true. Where do you people think mitt is getting all of his money from? It is a loan that as president that he will have to pay it back through tax breaks for the wealthy (not rich) and reduced regulations to clean air and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or