Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM

26,149 posts, read 14,773,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
After Obama saved us from the Bush Depression of 2007-2009, I don't know how anyone can even entertain voting for anyone else in November.
Yes the Bush Depression...

Shame on Bush for the Housing Market Crisis that started during Clinton's term with Dodd-Frank.

Shame on Bush for not quickly cleaning up the Dot-Com stock bubble that he inherited.

Shame on Bush for Clinton repealing Glass-Stegall in November of 1999.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,972,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes the Bush Depression...

Shame on Bush for the Housing Market Crisis that started during Clinton's term with Dodd-Frank.

Shame on Bush for not quickly cleaning up the Dot-Com stock bubble that he inherited.

Shame on Bush for Clinton repealing Glass-Stegall in November of 1999.
It's almost like we've had the same POTUS for 20yrs...

Wonder who really runs the POTUS?

Whatever is picked, gets molded into the same creature.

Might make a good "B" horror movie.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,711,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
It's almost like we've had the same POTUS for 20yrs...

Wonder who really runs the POTUS?

Whatever is picked, gets molded into the same creature.

Might make a good "B" horror movie.
I think they already made that movie ... Invasion of the body snatchers? Or perhaps the Manchurian candidate?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,821 times
Barack Obama: The Murderer-in-Chief:
  • Iraq
  • Afghanistan
  • Pakistan
  • Somalia
  • Yemen
  • Libya
  • Syria
  • Uganda (Yes, Uganda)
  • Iran (Preparing to murder in Iran)
  • Nigeria (Trying to convince Goodluck Jonathan to let him into Nigeria with TROOPS)
The Murderer-in-Chief helped destroy the most progressive, democratic, modern country on the African continent -- Libya. He flaunts his Kenyan-African background. Yet, he helped destroy the most progressive African country on the African continent. Here's what you should know about Libya, before you vote for that MURDERER:
http://mathaba.net/news/?x=629884

Old 02-20-2012, 09:40 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,895,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
After Obama saved us from the Bush Depression of 2007-2009, I don't know how anyone can even entertain voting for anyone else in November.
I would rather lay in puke!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,600,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
SAVED US? SERIOUSLY?
The following are 18 statistics that prove that the economy has not improved since Barack Obama became the president of the United States….
#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.
#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.
#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.
#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of “long-term unemployed workers†in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that numberis sitting at 5.6 million.
#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.
#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risenby 23 percent.
#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.
#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.
#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.
#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.
#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.
#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.
#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty†is now sitting at an all-time high.
#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.
#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.
#16 During Barack Obama’s first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.
#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.
#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.
Most of the stats you just mentioned are a result of the terrible Bush recession. I don't see how you can blame Obama. And when the economy is really bad (thanks to Bush) more people need food stamps and government assistance.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
Most of the stats you just mentioned are a result of the terrible Bush recession. I don't see how you can blame Obama. And when the economy is really bad (thanks to Bush) more people need food stamps and government assistance.
you cannot be serious! This turd has been in office 3 years, and you're still blaming Bush? By the way, gas was $1.60 when Bush left office and liberals were livid, where are they now? still blaming Bush, unbelievable.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The funny thing is that you think your neighbor is the clueless one.

Here's a clue, Nan. Barack killed off thousands of potential jobs because of his stupid healthcare law and his other horrible mishandling of the economy. Your neighbor has a much better understanding of the situation because he understands that even though he lost his job in 2008, Obama is responsible for the pitiful state of the economy ever since.
Huh? So someone lost his job in 2008 and Obama is inaugurated in January and a few months later it's all his fault? Did you read my post? By the way, there was no health care bill in 2009.

This is what's wrong with the extremists on the right. They don't listen, they don't read, they just rant. My post:

Quote:
This is a true story. In 2009 I was talking to a neighbor who lost his job and was complaining about the economy. 2 things he was ranting about was the housing slump (he was in construction) and taxes. He started to curse Obama, so I asked "How long have you been out of work?" He lost his job in 2008!
You're claiming Obama "killed off" thousands of jobs and destroyed the economy within a few months of being elected to office and I'm clueless?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
you cannot be serious! This turd has been in office 3 years, and you're still blaming Bush? By the way, gas was $1.60 when Bush left office and liberals were livid, where are they now? still blaming Bush, unbelievable.
Just some facts:

In January 2009 when Bush left office, gas was $1.84 a gallon.

[url=http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/01/average-gas-pricesjanuary-26-2009.html]Average gas prices--January 26, 2009[/url]

When Bush took office in January 2001, gas was $1.44

By the way, I clearly remember when I paid over $4 for gasoline in May 2008. Here:

[url=http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2008/05/gas-prices.html]Average gas prices--May 12, 2008[/url]

So are you saying whoever is President is responsible for the higher gas prices? If so, then Bush took office in Jan 2001 and gas jumped from a national average of $1.44 to a national average of $3.79 by May 2008.

What I am trying to say is, if the POTUS is responsible for the price of gas going up and down, then why can't the prices fall dramatically again after the summer just like they did in 2008?

I don't see your point.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,181,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
LOL!

Let's summarize your opinion: Everything good (not much, to be sure) is to Obama's credit. Everything bad is due to Bush, who left office 3 years ago.

You sir, are a joke.

Oh, and isn't the "Great Recession" attributed to what Bush inherited? Or do we only exonerate Democrats because of what they "inherited"?
No, a better summary is that I'm not an idiot partisan who blames everything about the recession on the guy who inherited it. All in all, he did a good job of handling it. Largely, he did what anyone else was either doing or could have done. The difference is that I don't pin the mess on him as he inherited it.

There's plenty of blame to go around on the GR. The things you're blaming on Clinton were pushed by House Republicans and added to a bill late in the game during the end days of Clinton's presidency. He should have veto'd it, but the 'regulation is bad' mantra is that of Republicans, not Democrats. Largely, the bulk of the blaem falls into Republicans hands since they had full control of the government for 6/8 years before it happened. They could have done whatever they wanted and were more concerned about Janet Jackson's boob and Terry Sciavo than anything else.

In terms of giving Obama all of the credit, I'd point to what Bush did in the bailout of the financial industry as a very good step. It could have been done earlier, but it was definitely helpful in solidifying the banking system. That doesn't excuse being asleep at the wheel.

In terms of the petty insults, feel free to act like an adult anytime you want. Again, time to put away the emotions and use your brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections