Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is this what it has come to. A possible GOP candidate for the Presidency of The United States of America in 2012 sounding like a character out of "Inherit The Wind".
Well, William Jennings Bryan did run for president. I suppose there always will be a portion of America receptive to this kind of message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is this what it has come to. A possible GOP candidate for the Presidency of The United States of America in 2012 sounding like a character out of "Inherit The Wind".
If the comparison holds true, we won't have to worry about
Santorum becoming a president

But, the comparison of single issue minded, simplistic voters backing a Santorum/Brady type is there, and THAT should be discerning enough to be troubled by it.

I know I am.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really? Not in my experience. If you want a good education, you can get one.

Don't blame the teachers just because you're a lousy parent.
YES! Well put! and true!

These Fascist teacher haters abandon their responsibility to see that their brats get an education...they dump it all on the shoulders of teachers, teachers that they want to earn minimum wage with no benefits....

If some young person was contemplating becoming a teacher all they'd have to do is see the hate emanating from Repugs, see the vicious unfounded attacks on teachers and change their minds ....pretty soon, due to Repugs, teachers will all be bottom of the barrel and then Repugs can whine some more....as they shuck off their responsibilities..

Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is he a prophet or bat shyt crazy?

Rick Santorum Thinks Satan Has Taken Over America

^^^
this

Nutbags like Santorum look at their fellow Americans who aren't in lockstep agreement with him as "enemies" or, even worse, "Satan's spawn."

Patriotic or psychotic?

I report, you decide.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The current president is who I'm scared of.
Of course you are.

You're told to.

Quote:
Santorum can pray to whoever he wants as long as he's not a communist. The constitution will protect us from any religios crap anybody wants to throw around. Of course if the left gets their way that piece of paper will be done away with. That is what I'm afraid of.
RWNJs always need a clearly defined enemy (defined for them by someone else, of course) to target their hate on.

Back in the cold war days it was the commies.

Now it's the American president.

Psycho ward stuff, truly...

Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicka4 View Post
Satan goes after the good yet "there is no one to go after except the United States"? That's rather insulting to the rest of the world isn't it? I'm not sure international relations is this guys strong point.
I'm not sure he has a strong point.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicka4 View Post
Satan goes after the good yet "there is no one to go after except the United States"? That's rather insulting to the rest of the world isn't it? I'm not sure international relations is this guys strong point.
Yes it is insulting,but that's the MO of these RWNJs...they truly believe that THEY are a mouthpiece for GOD and that America is the center of the Universe...royal frigging(just not in the bedroom) idiots.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Santorum is an frothy mixture of stupidity, bigotry, evil and demagoguery.

I don't want that in my home and not on my bedsheets.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Of course you are.

You're told to.

RWNJs always need a clearly defined enemy (defined for them by someone else, of course) to target their hate on.

Back in the cold war days it was the commies.

Now it's the American president.

Psycho ward stuff, truly...
It isn't just the President who they consider their evil enemy but also their neighbors, their fellow middle class working Americans! The teachers, firefighters, farmers, policemen, highway crews, librarians, assembly line workers who make up their neighborhoods, their communtities......THAT is the psycho part...Repugs have been trained to hate THEMSELVES and don't even know it.....

Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It isn't just the President who they consider their evil enemy but also their neighbors, their fellow middle class working Americans! The teachers, firefighters, farmers, policemen, highway crews, librarians, assembly line workers who make up their neighborhoods, their communtities......THAT is the psycho part...Repugs have been trained to hate THEMSELVES and don't even know it.....
+1

That IS the psycho part indeed....they sacrifice themselves at the altar of corporate America...for WHAT reason???

I have a few buddys around here that are old school repubs...they are all farmers(cattle) and they vote repub as a matter of thanks to the old school repubs that granted them such huge farm subsidies in the past and keep wages low for their farm hands and the illegal aliens flowing to them....I can not agree with that,but I CAN understand it.

What I do NOT understand is how a working man/woman could vote repub and cut their own throats...I just do not get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections