Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
He thinks that Romney will say virtually anything to get elected and he's a slick salesman. And his campaign ads are way too negative against the other candidates. He also thinks that Romney is too liberal to be considered a GOP candidate.

My dad thinks that Santorum is a joke that came out of nowhere and thinks he should just drop out ASAP.

Then, he said that Gingrich is probably the most qualified candidate to be president, despite all the baggage he carries. And that if Gingrich has debates against Obama, he would win every debate hands down.

Finally, my dad said that Paul is also a good candidate who can be trusted, but admitted that he won't be the nominee. He also said that Paul should have kept his mouth shut about the foreign policy stuff, because it scared too many people away from supporting him.

My dad said that if the primary were held today in his state, he would vote for either Gingrich or Paul.

Is my dad just stupid or what?

No offense, but how old are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
no offense, but how old are you?

Old 02-20-2012, 04:03 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
What Ron Paul honestly says is what has 85% of the population not voting for him.
In your hypothetical world, to what are you referring?

I have to tell you plenty of peeps like RP's Foreign Policy.

RP's biggest set back is the media bias and lack of many people not knowing much about him. This time around things are much better in this regard.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
Quote:
He thinks that Romney will say virtually anything to get elected and he's a slick salesman. And his campaign ads are way too negative against the other candidates. He also thinks that Romney is too liberal to be considered a GOP candidate.

My dad thinks that Santorum is a joke that came out of nowhere and thinks he should just drop out ASAP.

Then, he said that Gingrich is probably the most qualified candidate to be president, despite all the baggage he carries. And that if Gingrich has debates against Obama, he would win every debate hands down.

Finally, my dad said that Paul is also a good candidate who can be trusted, but admitted that he won't be the nominee. He also said that Paul should have kept his mouth shut about the foreign policy stuff, because it scared too many people away from supporting him.

My dad said that if the primary were held today in his state, he would vote for either Gingrich or Paul.

Your Dad sounds very intelligent. Hopefully you got a dose of common sense from him.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
No your dad is pretty spot on actually. I wish that honesty were the best way to get elected but unfortunately paul tends to be honest and people dont actually like that. They want a kiss ass
Actually, Ron Paul has been practically ignored by the media in comparison to the other candidates....especially Romney.

If the truth be known, the media has already decided that they want the race to be between Romney & obama...and they want obama to win. That is the way it will play out because the general voting public believes anything they are told to believe by the media.

Let's face it....the general public that has made STARS out of the kardashians. So they sure as hell can't have a lot of intelligence or even common sense. They obviously NEED to be told what to do because they can't think for themselves.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Actually, Ron Paul has been practically ignored by the media in comparison to the other candidates....especially Romney.

If the truth be known, the media has already decided that they want the race to be between Romney & obama...and they want obama to win. That is the way it will play out because the general voting public believes anything they are told to believe by the media.

Let's face it....the general public that has made STARS out of the kardashians. So they sure as hell can't have a lot of intelligence or even common sense. They obviously NEED to be told what to do because they can't think for themselves.

Money buys the media and elections
Follow the money.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
I have to agree w/ the Romney vs Obama, w/ BO leaning. The money points this way, so does most of the coverage.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:

I agree with your dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

You are certainly right in your assessment of the general public and the political plan.

The GOP Elite, from what I can see, want Obamacare. They get it either way - with or without Romney.

Romney's prominent advisor, Norm Coleman, said they will not do a repeal (video is last link in first paragraph - Norm Coleman: We're Not Going to Repeal Obamacare - Ricochet.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections