U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,899,898 times

Advertisements

Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive. I don't agree with everything he says and does, but this time around I'm sticking with Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM

870 posts, read 1,257,848 times
Obama seriously had very little to do with Osama. It was the military who found him, all obama did was authorize deadly force, which honestly he would have been idiotic not to do. But you are correct he is dead. GM is alive, and consequently we are way more in debt. But it is important to preserve jobs wherever we can, and he has done that in a fair amount of cases. But he has also shot down some movements to create a boatload more jobs. For instance he shot down the keystone by saying the deadline wasnt right. But all the problems with keystone had been solved, he just wasnt willing to look through it and approve it. I want him to actually look out for the american people not the american businessmen. Both sides are 100% guilty of that. Getting reelected should never be a main priority for a president. And the NDAA? That is a horrible piece of legislation that should never have been signed, the same way the Pat Act should not have been signed either.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,899,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
........ But all the problems with keystone had been solved, .........
I've been living in the Oklahoma Oil Patch a good portion of my life. I've been around the oil bidnez for decades. If you think "all the problems with keystone had been solved" you are naive. That pipeline is going across the Ogalala basin that contains the majority of the water for the western states, including those from Texas to the Dakotas. There is NO secure pipeline, they get leaks all the time. We have planes that cross our land weekly, sometimes daily that do nothing but monitor the pipelines looking for leaks. I live 20 miles from Cushing. If you look up Cushing Oklahoma you will see the real center of the oil industry.

the thought that "all the problems with keystone had been solved" is laughable.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,190,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
Obama seriously had very little to do with Osama. It was the military who found him, all obama did was authorize deadly force, which honestly he would have been idiotic not to do. But you are correct he is dead. GM is alive, and consequently we are way more in debt. But it is important to preserve jobs wherever we can, and he has done that in a fair amount of cases. But he has also shot down some movements to create a boatload more jobs. For instance he shot down the keystone by saying the deadline wasnt right. But all the problems with keystone had been solved, he just wasnt willing to look through it and approve it. I want him to actually look out for the american people not the american businessmen. Both sides are 100% guilty of that. Getting reelected should never be a main priority for a president. And the NDAA? That is a horrible piece of legislation that should never have been signed, the same way the Pat Act should not have been signed either.
If McCain were president today, he would have never looked for bin laden in Pakistan:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/20/mccain-obama-battle-over-_n_87591.html

Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,167,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive. I don't agree with everything he says and does, but this time around I'm sticking with Obama.
my guess is you would be voting for him regardless.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I've been living in the Oklahoma Oil Patch a good portion of my life. I've been around the oil bidnez for decades. If you think "all the problems with keystone had been solved" you are naive. That pipeline is going across the Ogalala basin that contains the majority of the water for the western states, including those from Texas to the Dakotas. There is NO secure pipeline, they get leaks all the time. We have planes that cross our land weekly, sometimes daily that do nothing but monitor the pipelines looking for leaks. I live 20 miles from Cushing. If you look up Cushing Oklahoma you will see the real center of the oil industry.

Keystone proposed an alternate route for the pipeline to take that in the event of a leak would not have compromised local water supplies. But it was never allowed to be presented because it got shot down before they could solve the issues to satisfaction. In business when something can make you money but causes a problem you change plans to still make money while solving problems. In gov't when something can save money, jobs and make money and jobs you solve the proposed problems and move forward.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
If McCain were president today, he would have never looked for bin laden in Pakistan:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/20/mccain-obama-battle-over-_n_87591.html
And Sarah Palin is a dope. I didnt say anything about McCain, I dont think McCain would have done any better a job at anything. I merely pointed out the flawed argument that essentially implies that Obama ran over to pakistan and killed osama. It was our brave men and women that did that. Put their lives on the line for that. Not Obama.

Last edited by Dave5150; 02-19-2012 at 08:44 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 AM

66,439 posts, read 33,745,283 times
Quote:

Less cost and more efficient, to build a refinery on the Canadian border.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 AM

1,333 posts, read 846,357 times
Quote:
Go ahead and stick with total failure and a projected debt of 22 TRILLION by the end of term 2.

Just how high do you think the debt can go before the dollar is devalued?? What do you think is going to happen if the dollar is replaced as the world currency standard?? How the hell much damage does this guy have to do to wake people up?

Old 02-20-2012, 05:10 AM

1,333 posts, read 846,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
my guess is you would be voting for him regardless.
Without a doubt he would have. Posturing as if he was considering an alternative is almost laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections