Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Violating the UCMJ and the Oath.
Various posters who are military veterans have attempted to explain the concept of the President's role as CINC, and regulations of UCMJ regarding protesting in uniform, but we get shouted down by a bunch of people who have never served in the military but have somehow become armchair experts on military affairs.

Bonus = one of 'em referenced all his "seal buddies"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Various posters who are military veterans have attempted to explain the concept of the President's role as CINC, and regulations of UCMJ regarding protesting in uniform, but we get shouted down by a bunch of people who have never served in the military but have somehow become armchair experts on military affairs.

I don't think anybody shouted or claimed to be experts of anything, just having differing opinions.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Be serious; Paul is only good for holding up the rear

This is about as impressive as tumbleweed.

Paul is great at consistently bringing up the rear in every primary election or caucus. His lousy showings consistently undermine the rants of his supporters. He's a loser this year, just like before.

No, on Paul. Enjoy President Obama's second term.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I don't think anybody shouted or claimed to be experts of anything, just having differing opinions.
At the very least I provided my credentials and justified my stances by offering up the time period in which I served and what branch.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You have "proof," and you've read the confidential CIA and other agency reports? Really?
LMAO No they are not confidential. Anyone who can read and wants to be informed can read them. or just listen to videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No. It's just more lies, cobwebs, and straw men because he has no real tangible argument.

Pathetic.
Pathetic is the comments from uninformed people like you. Wake up.

In his 22-year career, he served as the Chief of the Bin Laden Issue Station (aka "Alec Station"), from 1996 to 1999, the Osama bin Laden tracking unit at the Counterterrorist Center. He then worked again as Special Advisor to the Chief of the bin Laden unit from September 2001 to November 2004.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Reagan was ending his second term at almost the same age, Paul would be entering his first. That is quite a difference. Apparently you don't realize the strain being Pres can put on a person regardless of how good their health is. Just look at the last few Pres; all entered the White House without gray hair and all were grey by the time they finished their first term. Take a look at how Paul looked last night. He looks tired (I would too) and worn out. I will say, he has held up better than I thought he would, but the race has barely started.
You made this up, of course. Anyone without agenda driven blinders can see that Ron Paul is in good health. Why listen to your biased opinion?

It comes from your refusal to address the failed big government policies YOU back so the order of the day is to deny and deflect. Very sad.

How's big government been working the last few decades? The highest percentage of unemployed since the great depression, the dollar continues to loose its value, we're in more foreign nations than at any other time, we were attacked on 9/11 because of big government intervention, but instead the thought of the day is too make things up about how someone looks. Ricardo Montalban at its finest.
It's always about policy. Your big government, war mongering, candidates' policies are failures, period.

But that doesn't matter, it's not how you feel it's how you look. Right?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

So according to you, no one but people in the military can read the rules and regulations and understand them well. Absurd.

Yea wearing the uniform is real important isn't it?
Not the horrible policies that led to the deaths of innocent people in the Middle East as well as the deaths of the ones in our military over nothing to do with protecting our borders but over oil. The important issue isn't the backing of a candidate, the important issue is wearing clothes.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 02-24-2012 at 11:04 PM..

Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,818 times
Perhaps some of the Paul supporters can enlighten me, but won't the ending of wars and bases abroad result in cuts to military personnel?

Why would active personnel vote for someone who might ultimately cut their jobs?

Is Paul planning to keep the military the same size and just extract us from Iraq and Afghanistan and close foreign bases?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Perhaps some of the Paul supporters can enlighten me, but won't the ending of wars and bases abroad result in cuts to military personnel?

Why would active personnel vote for someone who might ultimately cut their jobs?

Is Paul planning to keep the military the same size and just extract us from Iraq and Afghanistan and close foreign bases?
Many sign up for only 4 years, so it's a temporary gig.

Point is that many don't want to die now, especially for imperialistic reasons. Can't say I blame them

Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Ummmm, the military does not support anyone/anything (except for corporate interests).
Some members of the military (mostly former members by your links) support him.

Your title is either disingenuous or a lie.
Some veterans would be more accurate than your "military supports" phrase.
But I'm sure you know that.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections