U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
 
15,740 posts, read 9,268,213 times
Reputation: 14228

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Why is it bad news? It's great news.

But, as Libs told us repeatedly when the Dow was dropping, the stock market isn't the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM
 
15,740 posts, read 9,268,213 times
Reputation: 14228
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Only the most irrational wing nuts blame Obama for the gas prices. They're the same people who blamed Obama for causing earthquake.

If anything, the high gas prices is going to make people more receptive to his green energy policy.

.
But if you blamed Bush, as Libs everywhere did in 2008, you aren't an irrational wing nut?

High gas prices aren't going to change the fact that our tax dollars are going to Snake Oil businesses that have ties to the administration. If green energy was the answer, they wouldn't need handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,617,054 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And gas is about to top $4.00 so what's your point?
Take gas out of private hands and Obama can fix that problem Private industries run by the greedy rich are the problem in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 AM
 
38 posts, read 43,563 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
The recovery was always about stabilizing banks WS and the stock market.

Its the Main Street economy most of the citizens and worried about.

Jobs and housing, is a gaping black hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
 
10,338 posts, read 10,368,175 times
Reputation: 4014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephestus View Post
And that is exactly why Obama as of late has not talked about the gas prices and is very weary about addressing them. People will now be more receptive toward a green energy push. And Obama could very easily fix the gas prices and the price surge but he seems bent on doing the opposite.
How can President Obama fix the gas prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM
 
10,338 posts, read 10,368,175 times
Reputation: 4014
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Take gas out of private hands and Obama can fix that problem Private industries run by the greedy rich are the problem in this country.
So are you advocating Socialism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,835 posts, read 4,827,238 times
Reputation: 3616
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And gas is about to top $4.00 so what's your point?
It is 4.19 in Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,835 posts, read 4,827,238 times
Reputation: 3616
So that magically erases the extension of the Patriot Act, the NDAA, the millions of illegal aliens Obama has allowed to stay in the country because they have not broken the law (LOL), troops sent overseas without Congress approval to name a few...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,086 posts, read 83,752,398 times
Reputation: 41852
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
wake up: it didn't hold at 13000 for starters and the stock market has little, if anything to do with the President. Most people who understand the market know this. Actually the market has been pretty strong for a few years while the unemployment rate sucks and now gas is close to $5 in some states. If people vote based on the market, I feel sorry for them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,086 posts, read 83,752,398 times
Reputation: 41852
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
But ...But ...But, gas prices are going up, surely that's Obama's fault.
well it seems to me I remembering the Democrats blaming Bush for the high gas prices, or am I just imagining that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top