U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,817,132 times
Reputation: 2035

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And gas is about to top $4.00 so what's your point?
And Obama is responsible for the Gas Prices and unrest in the middle east ...how?..... Like Bush was responsible when gas prices went over $4.00 a Gallon during his Republican administration??????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 37,091,189 times
Reputation: 12758
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
QE3.

Printing money always brings the stock market up. Go back to econ. 101 please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Washington
10 posts, read 6,833 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How can President Obama fix the gas prices?
How about making it easier and cheaper for AMERICAN oil companies to refine and produce their oil here in the US instead of them sending it to China and other countries because they can actually make a profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
 
32,054 posts, read 16,485,651 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
How much does it cost to fill up your tank when Obama took office and how much it is now?

How much does it cost to get your weekly grocery when Obama took office and how much it is now?

How many people were unemployed when Obama took office and after trillions spent, how many of are unemployed now? I am not talking about the government's way to measure unemployment, where you are only count as unemployed if you are collecting an unemployment check.
How many jobs were lost per month when Obama took office, and how many are added now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 15,003,055 times
Reputation: 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How many jobs were lost per month when Obama took office, and how many are added now?
There isn't even enough jobs being added to account for population growth. The bleeding has stopped, but we are still a long ways from real recovery, and $5 gas is going to push real recovery even farther into the future if its even possible. Its interesting that the worst of the job losses happened after Obama was elected. Businesses knew the kind of uncertainty Obama would bring to the market because of his anti-business policies, and its very likely that intensified the job losses during the last two months of 2008 and the first few months of 2009. If the market really believed in "Hope & Change" it would have rallied the day after Obama was elected but instead had one of its worst days ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,287 posts, read 39,598,776 times
Reputation: 18707
S&P closed at its highest since April 2008 today meaning that investors have gotten back everything they lost in the Bush collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
8,006 posts, read 4,174,670 times
Reputation: 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Unfortunately, this isn't a positive for Obama. Everything that has been so utterly miserable for the last three years has been 100% George W Bush's fault. So in order to be consistent, the only person you can rightly credit with the economic recovery that has finally showed up is George W Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,681,989 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its interesting that the worst of the job losses happened after Obama was elected. Businesses knew the kind of uncertainty Obama would bring to the market because of his anti-business policies, and its very likely that intensified the job losses during the last two months of 2008 and the first few months of 2009.
What do you just make stuff up as you go along and hope nobody calls you on it? Here is the unemployment rate over time, obviously the greatest acceleration was during 2008:



Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I am not talking about the government's way to measure unemployment, where you are only count as unemployed if you are collecting an unemployment check.
The definition of the U-3 unemployment figure is available on the internet, and it has nothing to do with whether one is collecting an unemployment check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
QE3.

Printing money always brings the stock market up. Go back to econ. 101 please.
What QE3? It is still a proposal being thrown about, in fact just today a Fed official mentioned it wasn't needed at this point:

From today, at QE3 only needed if economy deteriorates: Fed's Bullard - chicagotribune.com

The Federal Reserve should only embark on a third round of large-scale bond purchases if the U.S. economy deteriorates and inflation drops, and we are not there yet, a top Fed official said on Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,287 posts, read 39,598,776 times
Reputation: 18707
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't a positive for Obama. Everything that has been so utterly miserable for the last three years has been 100% George W Bush's fault. So in order to be consistent, the only person you can rightly credit with the economic recovery that has finally showed up is George W Bush.
Oh, you wish it were so, but you know better. Presidents don't have that kind of power. Bush got more blame than he deserved and Obama will get more credit (and re-elected).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
 
Location: North Dakota
740 posts, read 1,758,437 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
And Obama is responsible for the Gas Prices and unrest in the middle east ...how?..... Like Bush was responsible when gas prices went over $4.00 a Gallon during his Republican administration??????????????
Wow, it's comments like this that cause me to lose faith in my fellow Americans.

The current President of the US for the last 50 years has had a large impact on the prices of gas. Gas is made from oil, and us harrassing folks in the Middle East has a huge impact on the price of oil. Have you noticed the spike in the last month since we starting causing trouble with Iran yet again?

It is so laughable how people truly think there is a difference between the Dems and Repubs. The average American is being manipulated by tptb, and I can't help but shake my head in disgust. A hundred years ago there was a difference between the two parties, but corruption and greed won over long ago. The term sheeple truly does apply to our current times.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

Do some research and look outside Fox, CNN and NBC news and you are going to realize that we have been misled for decades. Follow the money to see who is behind everything, and above all, fear Monsanto!!! You will eventually realize that a select number of families owns and controls EVERYTHING. Food, healthcare, and overall, our money. Power is everything to these people.

Blah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top