U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
 
6,546 posts, read 9,453,216 times
Reputation: 3137

Advertisements

Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,158 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Only because the Fed. is printing money out the wazoo in an attempt to keep the market working until Obama gets reelected, and then watch the dollar collapse. That will make you all very happy i'm sure ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,843,291 times
Reputation: 1429
And gas is about to top $4.00 so what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,557,443 times
Reputation: 4501
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Right, because an index of 30 stocks is indicative of the entire economy. (sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 15,004,539 times
Reputation: 4481
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000 (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10466512-wall-street-closes-mixed-after-dow-tops-13000 - broken link)

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
The Dow could hit 15,000 but if people aren't able to find jobs, then is the economy really improving? If gas continues to soar past $5, $6, $7 per gallon, are we really better off? In the Obama economy, Wall street is doing well, but on Main St things are as grim as they have ever been and are getting worse every day. The only reason Obama will win this election is because Republicans have decided to focus on gay marriage as their primary issue when 60% of the country really could care less about it, NOT because Obama has done a stellar job with the economy because he has been the worst economic President since at least Jimmy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
 
3,203 posts, read 3,337,995 times
Reputation: 1024
There is a lot of freshly printed money with no place to go.

Wait til we have $5 gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bottom Line - Wall Street closes mixed after Dow tops 13,000

You still want to say Obama is not doing jack the facts are the facts the economy is moving in the right direction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,893,120 times
Reputation: 1679
Question hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And gas is about to top $4.00 so what's your point?
Does an increase in energy which fuels a growing economy correlate with an increase in demand and rising prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 PM
 
1,027 posts, read 1,061,235 times
Reputation: 879
This explains why bedwetting Republicans like Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney and Rick Frothy Mix are whining about how Obama is turning America into a "secular nation".

http://politicalwire.com/archives/20...ar_agenda.html

They're trying to avoid talking about how Obama is turning around the Great Bush Depression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Washington
10 posts, read 6,838 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
This explains why bedwetting Republicans like Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney and Rick Frothy Mix are whining about how Obama is turning America into a "secular nation".

Romney Says Obama Has a "Secular Agenda"

They're trying to avoid talking about how Obama is turning around the Great Bush Depression.
How is Obama turning around the "Depression"? should I ask you again when you go and fill up your car Friday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
 
9,566 posts, read 5,900,185 times
Reputation: 6471
Only the most irrational wing nuts blame Obama for the gas prices. They're the same people who blamed Obama for causing earthquake.

If anything, the high gas prices is going to make people more receptive to his green energy policy.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top