U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Long Island
8,991 posts, read 3,074,223 times
Reputation: 1693

Advertisements

Santorum is going to far to the right and he will end up losing moderates with his statements, he may get the nomination but I don't see him winning.




"STEUBENVILLE, Ohio — Rick Santorum says President Barack Obama is pushing a radical environmental agenda that unwisely limits energy production and turns its back on science.

Santorum told voters in eastern Ohio on Monday that science is on the side of those who want to aggressively produce more oil and natural gas in America. He said the notion of global warming is not climate science but “political science.”


Santorum says Obama backs radical environmental agenda that’s political, not scientific - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/environment/santorum-says-obama-backs-radical-environmental-agenda-thats-political-not-scientific/2012/02/20/gIQAX9sRPR_story.html - broken link)

On “Face the Nation” last Sunday, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum accused President Barack Obama of embracing a “phony ideal” of environmental theology that puts protection of the Earth above man’s desire to extract its resources, while grabbing more power for the government.
“When you have a worldview that elevates the Earth above man and says we can’t take those resources because we’re going to harm the Earth … it’s just all an attempt to centralize power, to give more power to the government,” the former Pennsylvania senator said."


Santorum’s Anti-Environmentalism | Consortiumnews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,277 posts, read 3,225,420 times
Reputation: 2060
Santorum also says that half of those people are euthanized in the Netherlands involuntarily at hospitals because they are older and sick.

Santorum isn't known for looking up facts before speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,685 posts, read 2,447,203 times
Reputation: 2031
Has it not occurred to the idiot that "placing the Earth above man" just ensures that we have somewhere to live? Maybe that's why Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,277 posts, read 3,225,420 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Has it not occurred to the idiot that "placing the Earth above man" just ensures that we have somewhere to live? Maybe that's why Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.
Here I was thinking that Gingrich wanted to colonize the moon because it'd be the only place he wouldn't look like a corrupt hypocritical...hind quarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,685 posts, read 2,447,203 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Here I was thinking that Gingrich wanted to colonize the moon because it'd be the only place he wouldn't look like a corrupt hypocritical...hind quarter.
LOL! Who knew that there was method in his madness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
 
1,001 posts, read 294,297 times
Reputation: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Has it not occurred to the idiot that "placing the Earth above man" just ensures that we have somewhere to live? Maybe that's why Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.
Well, I hate to break things up. I mean you libs here are obviously having a fun time patronizing conservatives here. But maybe what occurred to "the idiot" was to listen to Obama's Green Jobs Czar when he flat out announced that the green economy was a means to socialism:

And, I think that this green movement has to pursue those same steps and stages. Right now we say we want to move from suicidal gray capitalism to something eco-capitalism where at least we’re not fast-tracking the destruction of the whole planet. Will that be enough? No, it won’t be enough. We want to go beyond the systems of exploitation and oppression all together. But, that’s a process and I think that’s what’s great about the movement that is beginning to emerge is that the CRISIS is so severe in terms of joblessness, violence and now ecological threats that people are willing to be both pragmatic and visionary. So the green economy will start off as a small subset and we are going to push it and push it and push it until it becomes the engine for transforming the whole society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
15,349 posts, read 6,008,038 times
Reputation: 4128
He's right. I agree with him, and so do millions of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Eugenius
593 posts, read 665,450 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
LOL! Who knew that there was method in his madness?
Whoda thunk that a moonbase would start looking...sane????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
15,349 posts, read 6,008,038 times
Reputation: 4128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Has it not occurred to the idiot that "placing the Earth above man" just ensures that we have somewhere to live? Maybe that's why Gingrich wants to colonize the moon.
Well, at least we know where you stand. But you'r wrong.

God made man steward. Rick was dead on. We are above the earth, not the other way around. God made the earth for man.

But, of course, you are an unbeliever. How sad. Fools worship the earth and the creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,277 posts, read 3,225,420 times
Reputation: 2060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Well, I hate to break things up. I mean you libs here are obviously having a fun time patronizing conservatives here. But maybe what occurred to "the idiot" was to listen to Obama's Green Jobs Czar when he flat out announced that the green economy was a means to socialism:

And, I think that this green movement has to pursue those same steps and stages. Right now we say we want to move from suicidal gray capitalism to something eco-capitalism where at least we’re not fast-tracking the destruction of the whole planet. Will that be enough? No, it won’t be enough. We want to go beyond the systems of exploitation and oppression all together. But, that’s a process and I think that’s what’s great about the movement that is beginning to emerge is that the CRISIS is so severe in terms of joblessness, violence and now ecological threats that people are willing to be both pragmatic and visionary. So the green economy will start off as a small subset and we are going to push it and push it and push it until it becomes the engine for transforming the whole society.
I'll start taking Santorum seriously when he actually starts not lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top