Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:38 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times

Advertisements

Too bad the whole issue has devolved into the old "I'm a real Christian and you're not" silliness. Not that it could ever happen, but a person's religion shouldn't even come up in a presidential election. Religion is a private matter and people should believe what they want without carting it out with cheap shots during an election. And they shouldn't try and shove it down everybody's throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about.
I stand by my statement that the Mormons teach that Jesus is a created being.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Too bad the whole issue has devolved into the old "I'm a real Christian and you're not" silliness. Not that it could ever happen, but a person's religion shouldn't even come up in a presidential election. Religion is a private matter and people should believe what they want without carting it out with cheap shots during an election. And they shouldn't try and shove it down everybody's throats.

Amen to that!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Good post and true.

However, there are some in this country ( Republicans) who want the U.S. to be a theocracy like those "peaceful" Middle East countries.....

Old 02-24-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

Can you show the direct link between that and creating more jobs?

Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
You go right ahead and stand by it. That's just proof of the irrational bigotry Mormons are up against today. I am a 63-year-old woman who was raised Mormon. I have practiced Mormonism all my life. If you say "Mormons believe... [such and such]," and I say, "No we don't," and you turn around and insist that I'm either lying or that I don't know my own religion's doctrines, there isn't much I can do about it. I can't imagine having the audacity to tell someone else what his church teaches, but apparently you have no problem doing so.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can you show the direct link between that and creating more jobs?
This thread is about Graham's position on Mormons, not job creation.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
This thread is about Graham's position on Mormons, not job creation.
Oh! I'm so sorry you missed the TITLE:

Rev. Franklin Graham Questions Obama’s, Romney’s Christian Faith

Yes, asking what anyone's faith has to do with being President and doing a good job is relevent....if Graham wants to shoot off his bigoted mouth he should actually have a reason......

Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,731,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You go right ahead and stand by it. That's just proof of the irrational bigotry Mormons are up against today. I am a 63-year-old woman who was raised Mormon. I have practiced Mormonism all my life. If you say "Mormons believe... [such and such]," and I say, "No we don't," and you turn around and insist that I'm either lying or that I don't know my own religion's doctrines, there isn't much I can do about it. I can't imagine having the audacity to tell someone else what his church teaches, but apparently you have no problem doing so.
But then the facts wouldn't support bideshi's preconceptions.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
But then the facts wouldn't support bideshi's preconceptions.
Yeah, and that would be problematic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections