U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:26 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,794,466 times

Advertisements

"Hope And Change" (2008)

The idea that newly elected Barack Obama would bring much-needed hope and change to the government and the citizens of the United States of America through fresh ideas, bold leadership, reinvigorated bipartisanship, and unparalleled optimism.

"We Can't Wait" (2012)

The idea that Hope and Change failed miserably and therefore it's time to point a finger at someone, anyone to deflect from the reality that Barack Obama has put forth unpopular ideas (instead of fresh), led from the back of the pack (instead of bold leadership), divided the nation more than ever (instead of reinvigorating bipartisanship), and increased pessimism among our citizens(instead of unparalleld optimism).

It appears that the President as moved the goal posts on America. Instead of being the man what would "fundamentally transform America".....he has become a Class AAA Blame Artist who is seeking to re-brand himself and re-direct the blame in light of his shortcomings.

The change in slogans is all the evidence one needs to see that the Presidential Internship of 2008 was an abysmmal failure indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM

1,433 posts, read 992,944 times
I never see any clear posts of how Obama is a good president. All I hear is "what about Bush?" or "he's better than any of the GOP idiots." I see that hope and change worked out really well.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Status: "Nevertheless, America's baseball team -- Roar, Tigers, ROAR!" (set 25 days ago)

12,307 posts, read 7,454,188 times
False hope and chump change. --- An ideal strategy when preaching to those with the economic understanding of twelve-year-olds.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM

3,829 posts, read 2,781,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I never see any clear posts of how Obama is a good president. All I hear is "what about Bush?" or "he's better than any of the GOP idiots." I see that hope and change worked out really well.

The liberals keep attacking the GOP candidates who have actually accomplished something during their life and instead support a hustler who rose through the ranks preying on people's alleged "white guilt" so they refused to fully vet him or question his non-existent resume.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM

1,003 posts, read 618,490 times
You gotta feel sorry for Obama. I mean what can he really do. He can't really ask people to re-elect him because of how great things are. If he oversells the economy too much while we're still over 8% unemployment and gas is going up to $5/gallon he'll alienate the public and look like an out-of-touch fool. But he can't do the reverse either. He can't ask people to elect him because of how bad things are. Again he'll look like a fool for admitting he didn't fix any of the problems. And he's already kinda played most of his 'Blame Bush' cards back in 2010. So whatever he does, he's kind of stuck.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
That's an excellent point. I started a thread last year along those same lines. Where are the pro-Obama threads? His consituentcy doesn't seem all that "fired up and ready to go."

Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
You gotta feel sorry for Obama. I mean what can he really do. He can't really ask people to re-elect him because of how great things are. If he oversells the economy too much while we're still over 8% unemployment and gas is going up to $5/gallon he'll alienate the public and look like an out-of-touch fool. But he can't do the reverse either. He can't ask people to elect him because of how bad things are. Again he'll look like a fool for admitting he didn't fix any of the problems. And he's already kinda played most of his 'Blame Bush' cards back in 2010. So whatever he does, he's kind of stuck.
Excellent points. Too bad Obama bought into his own hype. Most of this could have been avoided had he not taken his eye off the ball to focus on healthcare reform while the nation was still in the deepest throes of the Great Recession. He truly thought that the Stimulus was the answer to our recovery. It was a rookie mistake from the highest office in the world. From my perspective, it is that point in time that BO began to lose America and the 2012 election.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:00 PM

21,362 posts, read 14,264,551 times
The simple truth is, no President in modern times has had as easy an election campaign as Pres. Obama, the only challenger he has had to face in two different campaigns was Hillary Clinton.

All the other opposition is so weak he doesn't have to break a sweat. Easy pickins twice over.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,061,235 times
So far, Obama is doing a fairly good job in cleaning up the Bush/GOP mess he inherited. Why on earth would anyone vote for one of these bedwetting Republican clowns running for president, only to return to the failed GOP policies that got us here in the first place? No wonder Obama is beating every single one of these bozos in the polls.

Four more years!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:18 AM

10,783 posts, read 11,813,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
So far, Obama is doing a fairly good job in cleaning up the Bush/GOP mess he inherited. Why on earth would anyone vote for one of these bedwetting Republican clowns running for president, only to return to the failed GOP policies that got us here in the first place? No wonder Obama is beating every single one of these bozos in the polls.

Four more years!
Mental illness or a deep seeded hatred for america are the only reasons I can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or