U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's in most need of a good performance tonight?
Rick Santorum 4 9.09%
Mitt Romney 7 15.91%
Newt Gingrich 16 36.36%
Ron Paul 17 38.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,564,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Well said, though I think we will be in Syria first, followed by Iran. I totally believe we are funding and equipping the Syrian "opposition" to establish yet another puppet dictator, and have more control around Iran.
It would be the strategic thing to do. Maybe that is what was agreed to, so that Israel would wait.

Russian won't like that, they are going to see that as an assault on their warm water port in Tartus.

All the fun stops when you wake up the Bear.

Russian Navy to base warships at Syrian port after 2012 | Russia | RIA Novosti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,829,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Too bad Newt would take us to War. Again.
They all would take us to War again, real soon, except Paul

Newt does seem to have that "nuclear winter" be very afraid in your
city speech down pat, doesn't he.

I wish King would have asked each candidate how they would pay
for another war.

Paul is the only one that addressed the economic impact of one.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,137,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Is this Junior High?

Al Gore more like Al Bore

Hey, Mitt has a silly sounding first name, let's tease him about it!

Hey, George W Bush has a cooler personality than Al Bore...that is why you should vote for Bush!

Kind of, personality helped Clinton and when Clinton had a republican congress the U.S was doing pretty well. Certainly alot better than the past 12 years. I didn't vote for Bush or Bore I wasted my vote in that election on Nader.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM

8,006 posts, read 4,177,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Newt won the debate and Santorum got crushed(not sure he even belonged on the stage with the other three). Paul and Romney had their moments but Newt really shined most of the night. Too bad he is Newt and has so much baggage, it would be fun to watch him debate Obama.
Here's the funny part about that. It probably draws "not-Romney" votes away from Santorum and to Newter. This likely results in Romney winning Arizona (that was probably already locked up anyways) and Michigan. Should be interesting to Newt will get a strong enough showing to restore his hope a bit and stay in the race.

Funny how a relatively crappy showing by both front-runners translates, eh?

Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 PM

16,693 posts, read 9,063,254 times
Ron Paul: Sanctions Against Iran Are an ‘Act of War’ - ABC News

Ron Paul says sanctions are an act of war. So how would Ron Paul use diplomacy to stop Iran from getting nukes? $$$$ bribes? It seems like he is fine with Iran getting nukes when he says, “I think the solution is to do a lot less a lot sooner, and mind our own business, and we wouldn’t have this threat of another war.” Seriously, I am curious.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,814,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I hope if Dr. Paul doesn't get elected that Obama gets re elected if only to make sure none of the 3 stooges gets near a nuclear weapon to nuke Iran and start world war 3. Where in the hell do the 3 stooges get off thinking Israel needs our permission to bomb Iran? GO AHEAD! I don't care what Israel does as long as it doesn't drag us into it! Christ almighty the 3 stooges are freaking nuts.
This is just one in the laundry list of reasons why no one in their right mind would support the GOP.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,237,853 times
Gergen on CNN: "It was a net negative for Republicans tonight because they talked about congressional process, earmarks, etc., and didn't focus on distinctions between them and President Obama."

Old 02-22-2012, 08:43 PM

325 posts, read 177,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

for another war.

Newt = Israel
Santorum = Israel
Romney = Israel

Ron Paul = The U.S. Constitution.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:43 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,237,853 times
Gloria Borger on CNN: They all did what they had to do tonight. They each played to type.

Ari Fleischer on CNN: Santorum didn't rise to the occassion, and that will hurt him in the coming primaries.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,564,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

for another war.

I loved when he said..(paraphrasing) well lets try it a third time, but from a financial perspective...the other two don't seem to resonate as well, but maybe the fact that we can't afford it would get more support.
It's what brought the Soviets down, why do we think it won't take us down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections