Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's in most need of a good performance tonight?
Rick Santorum 4 9.09%
Mitt Romney 7 15.91%
Newt Gingrich 16 36.36%
Ron Paul 17 38.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Paul did make the comment to the other three about "declaring war" by the people, and I loved that.
What I recall he said was that Congress should declare a war. That such action(s) should not be the province of a President, unilaterally. There's a lot to support in that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM

325 posts, read 219,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
What's Ron Paul's plan on Iran beyond do nothing? I can't seem to get an answer.
That's the answer. Iran is building nuclear power plants, NOT weapons.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Not that there's a chance he would be his party's nominee, but considering a "what if" scenario .. I believe Paul would be such as "weak sister" that enemies of our country, and other allies, would be at greater risk if he were President. His personality and positions would invite challenge. I don't think he's playing with a "full deck" of cards. If you know what I mean.
Good grief, man, are you nothing but shill for Barack Obama? Trying to read around all of your posts in this thread is quite challenging.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I certainly can buy the argument that sanctions can be seen as an act of war. However, based on the ABC News article I posted above it seems like Ron Paul wants to do NOTHING to deter Iran. I don't think this is the best policy. Take military options off the table, take sanctions off the table, do as little as possible and mind our own business.....seems like he is fine with a nuclear Iran.
I don't disagree with you. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
What's Ron Paul's plan on Iran beyond do nothing? I can't seem to get an answer.
I think this answers your question:

Would Ron Paul Go To War? - YouTube

The US simply can't continue to invade other nations simply because.
We have to set a standard of when we engage in war and why.
It has to include our country as a whole, thus a declaration of war
by our Congress.

The notion that Paul is a pacifist is wrong. He's simply not a foolish
war monger.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
You don't think the government engages in covert operations to take-out the "bad guys"? Really? Interesting. I believe you're alone in those thoughts.
I think there are more covert ops than overt. Half the time they are recruiting misfits, so they can supply them, then sting em, and pat themselves on the back for saving us from the terrorists they created.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The notion that Paul is a pacifist is wrong. He's simply not a foolish war monger.
Rep. Paul isn't a pacifist. He's a military veteran, after all. I don't recall anyone calling him a pacifist. An "isolationist"? Yes. Definately. Not a posture I want to see the President of the USA advocate.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Quote:
Your whine about the media not treating Paul fair is without basis. And what about our democratic, electoral system do you disagree with? Paul can't play by the rules because he's not bright enough to understand them. The nation "wins" by the 20 some GOP debates. We see how flawed the GOP field is, and why there's a clear choice for President: President Obama.
You are so out of touch with reality thats why Ron Paul seems like he is from another planet. If you really knew what is going on in Washington and not the crap the MSM tells you Ron Paul would be the only logical choice. If you think Obama is doing such a great job please explain to me why this country is in the sorry shape it is in today. Oh thats right, it Bush's fault. Wake up and turn off the TV. You can find what's really going on if you do a little searching on the internet, and not any of the MSM web sites, they are all junk.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Obama didn't start either war..This isn't a movie..Civilians die in covert ops as well. The issue is not invading countries for no reason.
We invaded Libya for no good reason! and Nigeria, and the Congo, among others - these undeclared wars on terror are without end or boundary. We need another approach, like minding our own business.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
What I recall he said was that Congress should declare a war. That such action(s) should not be the province of a President, unilaterally. There's a lot to support in that statement.
Transcript of Tonight's CNN Republican Debate in Arizona | The Weekly Standard

Paul: "I believe in the Christian just war theory that you have to morally justify the wars in defense. Now, if we're defending our country -- and we need to defend, believe me -- with men and women will be in combat and defending our country, and that's the way it should be. But when it's an offensive war, going where we shouldn't be, that's quite a bit different. So it's the foreign policy that needs to be examined.

Now, if they are so determined to go to war, the only thing I plead with you for, if this is the case, is do it properly. Ask the people and ask the Congress for a declaration of war. This is war and people are going to die. And you have got to get a declaration of war."

Ask the People - sounds like the right thing to do to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections