U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's in most need of a good performance tonight?
Rick Santorum 4 9.09%
Mitt Romney 7 15.91%
Newt Gingrich 16 36.36%
Ron Paul 17 38.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:03 AM

34,602 posts, read 33,591,161 times

Advertisements

Rick Santorum said Romney and Paul tag teamed him but what did they say that wasn't true? All social issues aside, Santorum HAS a horrendous big government voting record. It's not negative if it's true.

Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

Anyone remembere Huckabee and McCain tag teaming against Romney in 2008? A lot of good it did Huckabee. I'm thinking if Romney/Paul are in collusion, a lot good it will do Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:13 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Rick Santorum said Romney and Paul tag teamed him but what did they say that wasn't true? All social issues aside, Santorum HAS a horrendous big government voting record. It's not negative if it's true.

Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

Anyone remembere Huckabee and McCain tag teaming against Romney in 2008? A lot of good it did Huckabee. I'm thinking if Romney/Paul are in collusion, a lot good it will do Paul.
I really do not like a Romney/Paul ticket, basically because Romney is on it. I'm not sure how much Paul could get done as VP, unless Romney adjusted the majority of his positions to match those of Paul. I sometimes get the feeling that Romney looks up to Paul as a kind of "Yoda" and actually agrees with Paul on a great many issues. Too bad Romney panders and flip-flops to advance his political career. If Romney adopted Paul's positions on monetary policy, Constitutional rights, limited government, and non-interventionism, he would be unstoppable and destroy Obama in the general election.

I have heard that Romney and Paul are friends outside of their respective campaigns, or at least they are "friendly" towards one another and their wives speak frequently. This is according to the NYT, but it is believable.

It is also possible that Paul could be laying off of Romney as he sees him as the lesser of two evils compared to Santorum. Let's face it, Santorum is crazy on so many things, he's outright scary. It could also be possible that Romney is expecting this to be a brokered convention and he is courting Paul for Paul's' stash of delegates, which would guarantee Romney the nomination.

In the end, I really hope Paul wins the nomination and selects Judge Napolitano as his VP running mate. That would undoubtedly be the best case scenario for the country.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,564,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
hence the bipolar nature of a Paul supporter.
I'm for Ron Paul.

Not bipolar in the least.

Try again name caller.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM

86,892 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
He talks of Satan as if he knows him personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Paul calls Santorum what he is....a fake!

Just ask the people of Pennsylvania! I can't believe this guy has gotten as far as he has. I'm glad his so-called "record" as a senator is being attacked. All this deserves to come out. One of his supporters here on CD actually threatened to sue me b/c I brought up how he bilked a PA school district out of a lot of money while home-schooling his kids in VA. They kicked his butt out of office but good in PA.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,808,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just ask the people of Pennsylvania! I can't believe this guy has gotten as far as he has. I'm glad his so-called "record" as a senator is being attacked. All this deserves to come out. One of his supporters here on CD actually threatened to sue me b/c I brought up how he bilked a PA school district out of a lot of money while home-schooling his kids in VA. They kicked his butt out of office but good in PA.
I can believe it. People do not bother educating themselves about their candidate of choice most of the time. They just believe what they say.

Look at their record people. That is how you should judge them. That one you cannot hide!

Lol sue you? For telling the truth about Santorum? Lol

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM

86,892 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I can believe it. People do not bother educating themselves about their candidate of choice most of the time. They just believe what they say.

Look at their record people. That is how you should judge them. That one you cannot hide!

Lol sue you? For telling the truth about Santorum? Lol
He'd never heard of Santorum's escapade regarding his own kids' educations. And he lives in New York, just one state away from PA. I provided a few links and didn't hear anything more.

I am from PA and my bro lives there. He feels if Santorum runs in the PA primary, he'll be lucky to get 50 votes. You should go look at some of the PA forums. Most people still don't like him, especially around Pittsburgh, his home base.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,832,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I am from PA and my bro lives there. He feels if Santorum runs in the PA primary, he'll be lucky to get 50 votes. You should go look at some of the PA forums. Most people still don't like him, especially around Pittsburgh, his home base.
And that does say something. If Romney doesn't win Michigan it's not
that big of a deal from a governing stand point as he is not his father.
Mitt did win Massachusetts which says something.

When is the PA primary, so we can all put Santorum to rest for good
Damn, not until the end of April. Oh the agony of defeat......

Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 AM

71,711 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
I really do not like a Romney/Paul ticket, basically because Romney is on it. I'm not sure how much Paul could get done as VP, unless Romney adjusted the majority of his positions to match those of Paul. I sometimes get the feeling that Romney looks up to Paul as a kind of "Yoda" and actually agrees with Paul on a great many issues. Too bad Romney panders and flip-flops to advance his political career. If Romney adopted Paul's positions on monetary policy, Constitutional rights, limited government, and non-interventionism, he would be unstoppable and destroy Obama in the general election.

I have heard that Romney and Paul are friends outside of their respective campaigns, or at least they are "friendly" towards one another and their wives speak frequently. This is according to the NYT, but it is believable.

It is also possible that Paul could be laying off of Romney as he sees him as the lesser of two evils compared to Santorum. Let's face it, Santorum is crazy on so many things, he's outright scary. It could also be possible that Romney is expecting this to be a brokered convention and he is courting Paul for Paul's' stash of delegates, which would guarantee Romney the nomination.

In the end, I really hope Paul wins the nomination and selects Judge Napolitano as his VP running mate. That would undoubtedly be the best case scenario for the country.
I really doubt your hope will come anywhere near true.

As for a Romney/Paul ticket, my guess is that is about as likely as Paul getting the nomination. They might be friendly, but that doesn't make for a good combination to run our country. I still don't think Paul is interested in anything other than getting his views out to the public.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,832,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I still don't think Paul is interested in anything other than getting his views out to the public.
Your right. Paul has always said he is simply a messenger. It's the
message that is truly important.

And that message, is worth trying to knock Santorum out, or down. A good slap, wouldn't hurt either...

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM

325 posts, read 177,925 times
Ron Paul is second in delegates. He will get the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections