U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,474,295 times

Advertisements

Whatever, Obama's obviously in for a rough ride, but at the end of the day, the GOP still has to convince possible Obama defectors that any one of their candidates is worth voting for.

I could see possibly Mitt Romney being settled upon once the dust clears. I wouldn't vote for Mitt, but I could at least go to bed and get some sleep at night if he somehow won - at least until I figured out who his political appointments would turn out to be.

But anyone of those other stooges becomes president and I would seriously consider leaving the country. There's only so much of this circus I can take, and I can't continue to have my vote outdone by conspiracy angle conservatard morons who live on the other side of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,696,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Whatever, Obama's obviously in for a rough ride, but at the end of the day, the GOP still has to convince possible Obama defectors that any one of their candidates is worth voting for.

I could see possibly Mitt Romney being settled upon once the dust clears. I wouldn't vote for Mitt, but I could at least go to bed and get some sleep at night if he somehow won - at least until I figured out who his political appointments would turn out to be.

But anyone of those other stooges becomes president and I would seriously consider leaving the country. There's only so much of this circus I can take, and I can't continue to have my vote outdone by conspiracy angle conservatard morons who live on the other side of town.
To whom are you referring?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM

14,525 posts, read 8,105,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: National (US) Poll * February 23, 2012 * American Voters Hum, 'happy Da - Quinnipiac University Hamden, Connecticut (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=1709 - broken link)

If the disapproval number holds, which it should, then the only way Obama wins re-election is if there is a significant Third Party candidate.
You don't have to worry because he will win re-election with any of the candidates that are on the playing field now.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 PM

14,525 posts, read 8,105,635 times
Quote:
Ignorance...has a sitting President EVER won re-election with a disapproval rating of 50%? Hint: The answer starts with "n" and ends with "o."
I had a lock problem with my last car and I was told over and over that it never happens, but it did.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 PM

7,450 posts, read 5,633,922 times
Quote:
Unsurprisingly, his black father abandoned him.
And this is where all credibility is lost.

We'll see what happens come election time. I guarantee you we'll see a different result, ESPECIALLY if Frothytorum or Newtie-pie gets the bid.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 PM

19,003 posts, read 21,990,038 times
Quote:
Link: National (US) Poll * February 23, 2012 * American Voters Hum, 'happy Da - Quinnipiac University Hamden, Connecticut (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=1709 - broken link)

If the disapproval number holds, which it should, then the only way Obama wins re-election is if there is a significant Third Party candidate.
Reagan's approval ratings were well below 50% until very late in 1983 - and then as the economic recovery finally took hold those numbers rose. It'll be the same with Obama. His numbers are already up from their lows and in general will continue to rise as the economy continues to recover. Right now Obama is a couple of months behind where Reagan was as the election approached but the path will be the same. His low numbers doesn't so much reflect disatisfaction with him in particular as it does a general disatisfaction with DC in general - after all, look at the abysmal ratings of Congress - well below what they were before the GOP took the house (and they were very low then). In fact Congress' is down near it's ALL-TIME LOW.

I've said it before and I'll say it AGAIN - Obama will win EASILY (even those "in the know" in the GOP know that - that's why there's such a sense of panic building there).

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 02-24-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,483,428 times
President Rick Santorum,

LMFAo

Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,761,397 times
When matched up against the presumptive GOP clown show winner, Obama's doing quite well..

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,651,083 times
Quote:
He's not black. He's half black and half white and he was raised by white people. Unsurprisingly, his black father abandoned him. Get your facts straight.
Same idea. He beat out a better candidate 4 years ago. He's had successes in office and is already leading the other candidates while they're all getting headlines during their debates.

You need to be pretty far ahead of a sitting president after the nomination process to have a shot. Obama debates very well, campaigns extremely well and has already raised a quarter billion.

His opposition is a toss up between a slick guy hated by much of his own party, a relic of the Reagan era who wants to build a manned colony on the moon in 8 years, a likable but cooky old man and a religious whack job.

There's a reason why plenty of people like Mitch Daniels didn't join the race. They didn't want to lose. Emotionally you might not want him to win, but the reality is that the odds are very much in his favor right now.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:45 AM

1,691 posts, read 1,596,789 times
Quote:
He's not black. He's half black and half white and he was raised by white people. Unsurprisingly, his black father abandoned him. Get your facts straight.
Huh?

Anyway, troll, I still don't think Romney can win. He's John Kerry, essentially, except with a closet full of skeletons.

A poll by ABC news a few weeks back showed that 75% of respondents felt that Romney did not understand people like them, and the same number felt that he did not pay his fair share in taxes. Don't think that the Democrats won't hit him on that, and hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or